7/11 Fresh food and frozen food (Thai dishes) Do they look healthy to you ?

autoc

Hiya, in my opinion everything that we are eating, anywhere in the world, is shiiite and poison.

When knowing how unhealthy is Thai food for so many reasons (too much salt, too much sugar, too much pesticide, to much chlorine...) I wonder if eating 7/11 Thai food dishes, fresh and frozen, is not a better choice.

Compare 2 similar dishes as Fried basil with chicken (padkrapao guy) , one from 711 and one from a local Thai restaurant, which one looks better ?

7/11 of course !

Prepared food at 7/11 is not as oily as any of the street food or restaurant dishes, and maybe because the big company does not want to kill its customer too fast, these dishes also have less sugar and salt ?

I also do not think that restaurant ingredients are better than 711 ingredients.

I know bad things concerning industrial food in the west, but in my opinion it's not exactly the same here, and at least no 7/11 freshly prepared food (similar to frozen which has the same food quality) could not be worse that any standard Thai restaurant food.

Also, as 7/11 needs more and more profit, you can be sure that you won't eat too much, the dishes are just enough for 1 person and nothing more.

What do you think ?

I am sure that the processed frozen food from 7 is much higher quality than fresh Thai food made with fresh ingredients from the local market. In fact processed food everywhere is always better than food cooked with fresh ingredients. This has to be a troll post, or you do not like the taste of Thai food. Either way I am too weak to not respond.

Edited by Ahab
corrected grammar

2 hours ago, Ahab said:

I am sure that the processed frozen food from 7 is much higher quality than fresh Thai food made with fresh ingredients from the local market. In fact processed food everywhere is always better than food cooked with fresh ingredients. This has to be a troll post, or you do not like the taste of Thai food. Either way I am too weak to not respond.

First you can try to read correctly, and then, you could try to understand.

You must know nothing if you think that your "fresh" thai food is good and healthy. Maybe you just landed ? Still dreaming ? Because this is of course wrong.

I am telling that your shhiitte oily thai food cooked in old dirty oil and made with the cheapest vegetables and ingredients  available, is certainly not as clean and good as 7/11 food. I do not speak for the rest of the world.

So it's obvious that the troll is you, or maybe a troll can think more than you <3

2 hours ago, Ahab said:

In case you really know nothing frozen vegetables and many other frozen ingredients have more qualities and vitamins than what you call fresh and is waiting more than 1 week to be sold. Often 2 weeks.

You will sleep a bit less stupid thanks to me it seems >3 With love <3

25 minutes ago, autoc said:

You must know nothing if you think that your "fresh" thai food is good and healthy. Maybe you just landed ? Still dreaming ? Because this is of course wrong.

I am telling that your shhiitte oily thai food cooked in old dirty oil and made with the cheapest vegetables and ingredients  available, is certainly not as clean and good as 7/11 food. I do not speak for the rest of the world.

So it's obvious that the troll is you, or maybe a troll can think more than you <3

Thank you for your wonderful opinion, which I do not share. Not sure what kind of Thai food you are eating, but it seems to be a different variety and quality than I have ever seen. Or maybe our taste buds are just a bit different, but I would suggest not ordering the oily variety of fried food.

As to your comment that 7/11 food is just as good as any other Thai food, more power to you if that is what you like to eat.

That's funny Thai food is cooked with the lowest quality produce and meats that's available and yes it's dirty old oil, msg , sugar.. It's mostly crappy

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

I have eaten a lot of Thai food in Thailand. Different places from street food to low rent restaurants to high end resorts and your experience of dirty oil and crappy food is not what I have experienced.

I don't eat a lot of fried foods so this might be one difference. You can ask for no sugar or msg. Lower quality meats, perhaps, but why would you use filet mignon or a high quality pork chop in a stir fry? Low quality vegetables is something that I have not experienced in any restaurant in Thailand, actually the variety and freshness of vegetables is something I really enjoy about Thai food. 

There surely has got to be one or people on Thai Visa that enjoy eating Thai food. It would be like moving to Italy and complaining about the pasta.

31 minutes ago, Ahab said:

I have eaten a lot of Thai food in Thailand. Different places from street food to low rent restaurants to high end resorts and your experience of dirty oil and crappy food is not what I have experienced.

I don't eat a lot of fried foods so this might be one difference. You can ask for no sugar or msg. Lower quality meats, perhaps, but why would you use filet mignon or a high quality pork chop in a stir fry? Low quality vegetables is something that I have not experienced in any restaurant in Thailand, actually the variety and freshness of vegetables is something I really enjoy about Thai food. 

There surely has got to be one or people on Thai Visa that enjoy eating Thai food. It would be like moving to Italy and complaining about the pasta.

Wondering what you are eating, as 80% of Thai food is fried. And even soups are oily.

What kind of boiled food and grilled food do you eat ? I really want to know your secret !

By low quality vegetables I mean chemical poisoned vegetables as everybody is eating here. Of course, they look good, but cocaine also !

Who said not to eat Thai food ? Of course it tastes good ! but it seems that you don't know that most cancers in this country are caused by food, so yes, they eat shiiite and it's crazy that even foreigners don't know !

Edited by autoc

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

Thank you for your wonderful opinion, which I do not share. Not sure what kind of Thai food you are eating, but it seems to be a different variety and quality than I have ever seen. Or maybe our taste buds are just a bit different, but I would suggest not ordering the oily variety of fried food.

As to your comment that 7/11 food is just as good as any other Thai food, more power to you if that is what you like to eat.

Please inform me ! What kind of Thai food do you eat that is not fried ?

If someone has a useful reply, please read again the question:

Is 7/11 fresh food (delivered everyday and that looks better than anything that you eat at any restaurant) more healthy than what people eat at restaurants.

7/11 food is not fresh food, doesn't look, better, taste better, and is likely less healthy than what I eat at restaurants. In my opinion. If you like it, great buy two of them.

Some examples of not fried and greasy Thai food:

Grilled chicken with sticky rice, grilled pork eaten with fresh basil leaves and a chili dipping sauce, boiled chicken with cucumbers (cow mun gai) , cilantro and a soy bean and garlic dipping sauce, boat noodles with fresh blood tripe and liver, par boiled vegetables with various chili sauces, tom yom shrimp, tom yom chicken, grilled chicken hearts and livers, stir fried mustard cabbage with pork belly, nam sausages, issan sausages, BBQ catfish, BBQ snakehead fish, BBQ tilapia, fish larb, chicken larb, pork larb (with liver), beef salad, papaya salad, cucumber salad, ripe mangos over sticky rice with coconut sauce over the top, pad cra pow (chicken and pork). noodle soup, soft rice (morning, with a raw egg broken in it) , jook (morning with the same raw egg in it), the eggs cooked over the grill in the shell, bamboo curry, bamboo salad, bamboo soup.

And the fresh fruits and vegetables.

2 hours ago, autoc said:

In case you really know nothing frozen vegetables and many other frozen ingredients have more qualities and vitamins than what you call fresh and is waiting more than 1 week to be sold. Often 2 weeks.

You will sleep a bit less stupid thanks to me it seems >3 With love <3

The food in the fresh markets or items in wet markets do not sit around unrefrigerated for 1 or 2 weeks in the Thai heat. If it did sit around that long, in the heat, it would be un-sellable.

Thank you for making me a bit less stupid. I really appreciate it.

11 minutes ago, Ahab said:

7/11 food is not fresh food, doesn't look, better, taste better, and is likely less healthy than what I eat at restaurants. In my opinion. If you like it, great buy two of them.

Some examples of not fried and greasy Thai food:

Grilled chicken with sticky rice, grilled pork eaten with fresh basil leaves and a chili dipping sauce, boiled chicken with cucumbers (cow mun gai) , cilantro and a soy bean and garlic dipping sauce, boat noodles with fresh blood tripe and liver, par boiled vegetables with various chili sauces, tom yom shrimp, tom yom chicken, grilled chicken hearts and livers, stir fried mustard cabbage with pork belly, nam sausages, issan sausages, BBQ catfish, BBQ snakehead fish, BBQ tilapia, fish larb, chicken larb, pork larb (with liver), beef salad, papaya salad, cucumber salad, ripe mangos over sticky rice with coconut sauce over the top, pad cra pow (chicken and pork). noodle soup, soft rice (morning, with a raw egg broken in it) , jook (morning with the same raw egg in it), the eggs cooked over the grill in the shell, bamboo curry, bamboo salad, bamboo soup.

And the fresh fruits and vegetables.

A lot of the things you listed are stir-fried, in a ton of oil (watch them cook your phad krapow some time).  That said, I do love Thai food, and I don't think it's any more or less "healthy" (now there's a loaded, misunderstood term) than the cuisine of most other cultures.  

Also note that many of the foods you listed which are truly close to oil-free are not Thai at all but Lao; granted, they are popular among Thais because of the sizable minority population of Lao in Isan, and the fact that their food is sold and eaten on every street in Bangkok.  Actually, I much prefer Lao cuisine to Thai; it's not sweet, it's much spicier, it's rarely fried, and the flavors are a lot more distinct to me.

1 hour ago, chinkasuyarou said:

We cook and they do, are two very different things.

This is very true...also, you radically change the taste of a Thai dish when you try to make it "healthy"...I tried to make the Isan dish "kaeng awm"--a rich, complex stew which is a staple of the region--at my home in the US.  I had been informed by my Isan friends exactly what ingredients went in it, which are all readily available where I live (San Francisco), and the general preparation method.  It ended up not tasting like the real thing at all.  Why?  Because, silly me, I made the soup stock from scratch myself, from nice bones, gizzards, etc., and lots of fresh vegetables.  

What I should have done was just use a few of those Knorr bouillon cubes loaded with MSG and salt, haha!  Only then would it have tasted right.

Edited by Saastrajaa

4 hours ago, autoc said:

Is 7/11 fresh food (delivered everyday and that looks better than anything that you eat at any restaurant) more healthy than what people eat at restaurants.

Answer: NO! Go ahead eat your over processed 7/11 food or KFC. Have a nice bowl of chemicals. Guess you guys don,t get out much to eat REAL Thai food. Odd where i live most of the vegatables come from local farms as does the meat.

5 hours ago, autoc said:

Only if you can answer the following:

Where do you think your 7/11 fresh food (delivered everyday) comes from? Ie, where are the '7/11 kitchens' located that process this fresh food (delivered everyday)?

What sort of quality control is involved?

Breaking news! Because food is packaged and presented doesn't necessarily mean it is any different from food obtained anywhere. Standards vary everywhere. It will be up to whoever is cooking it as to how it tastes at the end of the day.

8 hours ago, autoc said:

So you are wrong. Processed foods are not good for you, from any country.

If you want healthy food, buy fresh chicken, pork, and cook yourself. Cut for sandwiches.

Cook your own food, fresh vegetables, herbs, spices.

7/11 makes food the same as McDonald. It may taste good, but not really good for you. 

They have to put preservatives so that the food can last 7 days at 5-7 degrees.

If you are talking Thai deep fried street food, I agree not good. If you are talking busy Thai restaurants. This food is much better then 7/11.

cheers

Agreed,

And all 7/11 food is dated for 7 days. Which means you could be eating food that is a week old. They need to add preservatives to make the food last for a week. All processed food is no good for your body.

6 hours ago, autoc said:

Please read the date code on the food. Not everyday.

7 hours ago, autoc said:
7 hours ago, autoc said:

Salads, soups, barbeque meats, steamed rice, meat, fish and vegetables, boiled chicken etc......most of it in fact. I have to have a full English breakfast sometimes just to have something that is fried,

8 hours ago, Saastrajaa said:

I don't know about "healthy," but they taste mighty good when I just get back to my hotel at 3 or 4 am after a night of drinking!

7/11 has fresh chilled and frozen prepared foods. I am not a fan of the frozen ones - smaller and less appetizing and (I think) do not have kai dao which is very important to me

fresh chilled food from 7/11 is NOT way better than what I get at the 'aharn dam sang' place near my home (the several) that we choose to buy from. 7/11 fresh chilled is pretty good. I love it at certain times. it 'hits the spot' when on the go or late at night, etc. but the place we eat at and buy from are much more tasty, have more vegetables, are ordered exactly as we ask (less oil, very spicy, no MSG, whatever the &lt;deleted&gt;) and the woman who cooks at one in particular is a master... an expert cook. Having lived here 14 years and most of the last 27 years I have an opinion about this stuff. 

lots of shops cook crap food. you need to be choosy if you care. 

Conclusion: 7/11 food is very salty. also, they are not perfect as the OP promotes - I have had a khao pad krapao which left me feeling ill until I shat it out. Not food poisioning but it was not good food. 

Yes frozen vegis that are frozen at the farm quickly after harvest can be more nutritious than food from a market. That is the way it is done in California but is it done that way in Thailand? I would tend to doubt that. Plus it would seem lots of preservatives would be added to give it a good shelf life and maybe color added to make it look more appealing. Are you sure 7/11 doesn't add sugar and msg despite not being on the labels?

I am aware that Thais tend to add sugar to everything but you can order a dish or shake without sugar or simply do not add sugar from the condiment jars.

I would suggest you go to quality restaurants and order food that is woked (little oil is used).

Then there is the chemical fertilizers and pesticides which both sources would contain. American chemical companies sell things they are not allowed to sell in the US. Thailand has the beginnings of an organic movement.