Aussies Win Ashes

BAKABAS

In the first innings, both Warne and McGrath experienced their worst bowling figures ever, but like true champions, they turned it all around in the second innings...Warne in particular.

You can blame the first innings failures on a lifeless pitch. The Aussies took advantage of the pitch in the second innings. This is where the Aussies demonstrated their superiority.

A great part of that was due to the venue. It's a disgrace to the name of international cricket that the ACB should continue to have matches on a pitch that has deteriorated annually since the seventies. On the fourth day it looked like a section of motorway, grey and without any movement off the ball. It wasn't until day five that there was even a little reverse swing.

True that Warne's bowling was better on a slightly deteriorating pitch - he couldn't have been wose - but Bell, Pietersen, Collingwood and Flintoff were awful because in the second because ,at what best, can be attributed to fear and at worse schoolboy errors. They just never played with the sustained aggression and confidence of 2005 and suffered for it. Their mind-set has so far been wrong.

This is where the Aussies demonstrated their superiority

They mesmerized the Poms with their bowling accuracy and fielding supremacy..

I'm sorry mate, but this is just so much Aussie arrogance.The winning draw is what everyone expected. England blew it. Simple fact

It wasn't bad play from the Poms that lost them the match. They were unfortunate enough to play cricket against arguably the best cricket team in the history of cricket.

When Australia is in this type of mood, nobody can beat them.

Well even the Aussie commentators stopped short of your claims and wondered what happened to the England superiority of the four previous days. They may be the best in the world on their own patch at present. But someone sooner or later will teach them the lesson that they so deserve. I just wish that it could be England rather than Pakistan or the Windies.

As for being the best team in history The current Australian side are nowhere near being in the same class as the greatest team of all time - the West Indian side of the 1980s.

My dear chap, consider the likes of Richards, Lloyd, Holding, Marshall, Garner, Greenidge, Haynes, Roberts, Richardson, etc. before making such claims. A good Australian team is not the same thing as being a great one.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Come on mate. You can't expect anyone using Lumpolard as his monica to talk sense. He'd probably prefer to buy success :o

Strange you can't remember the name of the man you almost taught to play good football. Or one of West Ham greats, his father. But then again Hammers fans aren't exactly talked about the World over for their brain power. :D

As for being the best team in history..........

I didn't say that they were the best team in history, I said that they are "arguably the best team..." There is a difference. :o

The West Indies side that you mentioned were a great team but were they on top for the same amount of time that Aussies have been on top? ..................and we haven't finished our reign yet. There are so many younger and very talented players waiting in the wings to get their chance.

The best is yet to come. :D

In the first innings, both Warne and McGrath experienced their worst bowling figures ever, but like true champions, they turned it all around in the second innings...Warne in particular.

You can blame the first innings failures on a lifeless pitch. The Aussies took advantage of the pitch in the second innings. This is where the Aussies demonstrated their superiority.

A great part of that was due to the venue. It's a disgrace to the name of international cricket that the ACB should continue to have matches on a pitch that has deteriorated annually since the seventies. On the fourth day it looked like a section of motorway, grey and without any movement off the ball. It wasn't until day five that there was even a little reverse swing.

True that Warne's bowling was better on a slightly deteriorating pitch - he couldn't have been wose - but Bell, Pietersen, Collingwood and Flintoff were awful because in the second because ,at what best, can be attributed to fear and at worse schoolboy errors. They just never played with the sustained aggression and confidence of 2005 and suffered for it. Their mind-set has so far been wrong.

This is where the Aussies demonstrated their superiority

They mesmerized the Poms with their bowling accuracy and fielding supremacy..

I'm sorry mate, but this is just so much Aussie arrogance.The winning draw is what everyone expected. England blew it. Simple fact

It wasn't bad play from the Poms that lost them the match. They were unfortunate enough to play cricket against arguably the best cricket team in the history of cricket.

When Australia is in this type of mood, nobody can beat them.

Well even the Aussie commentators stopped short of your claims and wondered what happened to the England superiority of the four previous days. They may be the best in the world on their own patch at present. But someone sooner or later will teach them the lesson that they so deserve. I just wish that it could be England rather than Pakistan or the Windies.

As for being the best team in history The current Australian side are nowhere near being in the same class as the greatest team of all time - the West Indian side of the 1980s.

My dear chap, consider the likes of Richards, Lloyd, Holding, Marshall, Garner, Greenidge, Haynes, Roberts, Richardson, etc. before making such claims. A good Australian team is not the same thing as being a great one.

You my dear sir, are dreaming. Call a spade a spade. The pitch in Adelaide is one of the finest and as it does slowly wear over a test, both teams have to play it. England put on a mighty show, yeh they blew it, but Australia excelled, recognize that, and youll be somewhere in the ball park.

A pathetic performance. Flintoff should never have been made captain - maybe Fletcher felt he could manipulate him easier than Strauss!

Could we see a repeat of 1981? Flintoff resigns captaincy and produces a heroic herculean performance in the last three test matches to provide the most famous series result in test cricket?

NO!

Don't forget Vaughen (sp) is waiting in the wings. He plans to play for England in a 2 day game against WA at the WACA this weekend.

"A great part of that was due to the venue. It's a disgrace to the name of international cricket that the ACB should continue to have matches on a pitch that has deteriorated annually since the seventies. On the fourth day it looked like a section of motorway, grey and without any movement off the ball. It wasn't until day five that there was even a little reverse swing."

I bet you wouldn't repeat that statement to Les Burdett my soapdodging friend :o

I knew we were going to win the ashes, I said 100 or so days ago that we have already won it.

I was so confident (in the first few pages) I said if we lose I wont ever come back to Thaivisa.

Its all over already

Australia are a few classes above England at the moment - no question.

But this Australian team is not as good as the one four,five years ago. How many of the current oZ team are no longer at their peak? Hayden, Langer, Martyn, Gilchrist, Lee, Warne and Mcgrath were all better players in the past (yes, i know they are still very good). But the point is England are in this position as they have played way below what they are capable off - Only Collingwood is playing above expectations - Pieterson and Bell about what is expected the rest below or in the case of Harmison way way way way below. Selections of incredibly stupid proportons havent helped - but i think ive covered that in other posts!!!

It is a shame , a real shame. But watch out for England in the world cup - we've almost mastered the one day game! :o

It is a shame , a real shame. But watch out for England in the world cup - we've almost mastered the one day game! :o

No offence, but you guys suck pus at the one day game me ol' china :D

You might be good at cricket but Aussies really are bewilderingly idiotically thick when it comes to spotting sarcasm!!

I feel better now! :D

You might be good at cricket but Aussies really are bewilderingly idiotically thick when it comes to spotting sarcasm!!

I feel better now! :D

I hate to miss a chance to sink the slipper into any pommy bastard. Fortunately for me, you are above that. :D

attention span I guess, relates to IQ

definition of gross ignorance

144 poms

you may have to explain gross :D:D:D

It does seem that our ex-colonial fiends lack something in the irony department , or indeed in the culture generally. Something to do with an inferiority complex and having to continually brag about winning at sport that is more attributed to having a 'New World' mentality than anything else.

I knew we were going to win the ashes, I said 100 or so days ago that we have already won it.

I was so confident (in the first few pages) I said if we lose I wont ever come back to Thaivisa.

Its all over already

Well done, what a wonderful post.No doubt Ponting found inspiration in your previous post to stir his team on to what was without doubt a sensational victory."C'mon boys this one's for Donz"

Pie Boy

PS

Can you tell me who will win the FA Cup this year please?

Damien Martyn Retires

He cited a lack of motivation for his decision to quit first class cricket immediately and said it had been coming on for some time. Martyn, 35, has been under pressure to hold his middle order spot after scoring just 35 runs in his three innings in the series.

But the selectors had decided to retain him in the squad for the Perth Test.

In 67 tests Martyn scored 4,406 runs, with 13 centuries, at an average of 46.38.

He also played 208 one-day internationals for Australia, including five centuries, and starred in his side's win over India in the 2003 World Cup final, when he scored an unbeaten 88 in a huge partnership with Ponting.

Strange timing, but one of Dad's army pulling the pin.

post-18822-1165561342_thumb.jpg

A few witty 2 liners to enjoy ....

Q. What does Geraint Jones and Michael Jackson have in common?

A. They both wear gloves for no apparent reason

Q. What is the height of optimism?

A. An English batsman applying sunscreen.

Q. What does Ashley Giles put in his hands to make sure the next ball almost always takes a wicket?

A. A bat.

Q. What would Glen McGrath be if he was an Englishman?

A. An all-rounder.

Q. What advantage do Kevin Pieterson, Andrew Strauss and Geraint Jones have over the rest of their team-mates?

A. At least they can say they're not really English.

Q. What is the English version of a hat-trick?

A. Three runs in three balls.

Q. What do you call an Englishman with 100 runs against his name?

A. A bowler.

Q. What is the most proficient form of footwork displayed by English batsmen?

A. The walk back to the pavilion.

Q. Who has the easiest job in the English squad?

A. The guy who removes the red ball marks from the bats.

Q. Why is Andrew Flintoff the unluckiest English player?

A. Because he was born in England.

Q. What does "Ashes" stand for?

A. Another Sad Horrific English Series.

Q. What's the English version of LBW?

A. Lost, Beaten, Walloped.

Q. Who spends the most time on the crease of anyone in the English team?

A. The person who ironed the cricket whites.

:D:D:o

A few witty 2 liners to enjoy ....

Q. What does Geraint Jones and Michael Jackson have in common?

A. They both wear gloves for no apparent reason

Q. What is the height of optimism?

A. An English batsman applying sunscreen.

Q. What does Ashley Giles put in his hands to make sure the next ball almost always takes a wicket?

A. A bat.

Q. What would Glen McGrath be if he was an Englishman?

A. An all-rounder.

Q. What advantage do Kevin Pieterson, Andrew Strauss and Geraint Jones have over the rest of their team-mates?

A. At least they can say they're not really English.

Q. What is the English version of a hat-trick?

A. Three runs in three balls.

Q. What do you call an Englishman with 100 runs against his name?

A. A bowler.

Q. What is the most proficient form of footwork displayed by English batsmen?

A. The walk back to the pavilion.

Q. Who has the easiest job in the English squad?

A. The guy who removes the red ball marks from the bats.

Q. Why is Andrew Flintoff the unluckiest English player?

A. Because he was born in England.

Q. What does "Ashes" stand for?

A. Another Sad Horrific English Series.

Q. What's the English version of LBW?

A. Lost, Beaten, Walloped.

Q. Who spends the most time on the crease of anyone in the English team?

A. The person who ironed the cricket whites.

:D:D:o

:D

:o

what a loser you are, we won it fair and square, WARNIE bowled like the champipn he is, poms can cry in their beers

You and your friends obviously never watched the match. We came out looking terrified of losing it. If Pitersen,Collingwood and Flintoff had knocked Warne all over the park as in the first innings then there wouldn't have been a problem - we could have and should have made them sweat all day. The England selectors also need their heads examined - but that's another story. Also the Strauss dismisal was not only a bad desision but crucial. If you think that losing after a bad declaration that set the record for losing after the scoring largest score ever is not losing the match then you are obviously missing something.

\

whining moaning poms :D