HIFI amplifier repair needed

DanOily

Some time ago I had a Marantz receiver from which the HDMI PCB needed replacing.

I bought the receiver at Power Buy, but of course they are useless when it concerns service.

Next I contacted Mahajak, who are also a Marantz dealer, but they could not repair as well, and they gave me the address of MI-Engineering which I think are the importer.

They told me that they had to import the part, of course, and later came back to me with a price for the part that was 4600 Baht higher as what I paid for the receiver.

Anyway, you can try them if you like.

Inline image 1

1 hour ago, Anthony5 said:

Some time ago I had a Marantz receiver from which the HDMI PCB needed replacing.

I bought the receiver at Power Buy, but of course they are useless when it concerns service.

Next I contacted Mahajak, who are also a Marantz dealer, but they could not repair as well, and they gave me the address of MI-Engineering which I think are the importer.

They told me that they had to import the part, of course, and later came back to me with a price for the part that was 4600 Baht higher as what I paid for the receiver.

Anyway, you can try them if you like.

Inline image 1

Thank you,

One store recommended them but in Pattaya. Is there a BKK store?

Seems they have more than 1 location in Bangkok.

This I think is the technical department as i communicated with them.

Mahajak Development Co., Ltd.              
225, Ramkhamhang Road, Sapansoong,
Sapansoong, Bangkok 10240
Tel. : 0-2378-9999 ext.156 Fax: 0-2378-9901  

Email: [email protected] or Visit Our Website:
www.mahajak.com

3 minutes ago, Anthony5 said:

Seems they have more than 1 location in Bangkok.

This I think is the technical department as i communicated with them.

Mahajak Development Co., Ltd.              
225, Ramkhamhang Road, Sapansoong,
Sapansoong, Bangkok 10240
Tel. : 0-2378-9999 ext.156 Fax: 0-2378-9901  

Email: [email protected] or Visit Our Website:
www.mahajak.com

Yep sorry for being so lazy I did a Google search and found they are everywhere too. Sent them an email,

Maybe Ban Moh will be the way to go. Hoping it will be something easy. The amplifier is built into the speaker for the bass drivers and retailers I have asked so far seem to be scared of it. 

So it's the subwoofers' amplifier which is broken?

What brand/type/model is it and what's the problem? Might be the transformer which is dead.

They sell every part in ban mor and electricians even sit in rows on the streets soldering and repairing.

12 hours ago, fruitman said:

So it's the subwoofers' amplifier which is broken?

What brand/type/model is it and what's the problem? Might be the transformer which is dead.

They sell every part in ban mor and electricians even sit in rows on the streets soldering and repairing.

Yeah it's the bass/subwoofer section of the speaker that is active, midrange and tweeter are passive driven by external (marantz) amplifier. One speaker's amplifier is dead and doesn't switch on but the crossover is still ok because it's mid/tweeter still work fine. The other speaker's amplifier works intermittently but again mid/tweeter are fine.

Definitive Technology BP7006 there is a dealer for Def Tech here but it's likely they will only want to replace the unit which means ordering from the US and I think there are about $150 USD each plus shipping etc.

I plan to take them out and see if it is something easily visible or maybe take to ban mo. 2 retail stores are tracking down repairers too so hopefully can sort something without replacement

15300488_10155175123437971_1448369989_n.jpg

Edited by DanOily
typo

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=Definitive+Technology+BP7006&oq=Definitive+Technology+BP7006&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=Definitive+Technology+BP7006+broken

Guess there's a broken connection from vibrations somewhere...you can buy a cheapo multimeter and find it yourself maybe? There's enough info on the web to help you.

Check the fuse and transformer first. Swap the speakers maybe you discover something...Once you found out at what voltage they work you can easy buy a new adapter somewhere in chinatown or even better online like banggood.com.  Make sure you get the right voltage/amps and it should work i would think. Soldering iron costs 70 baht or so in ban mor.

24 minutes ago, fruitman said:

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=Definitive+Technology+BP7006&oq=Definitive+Technology+BP7006&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=Definitive+Technology+BP7006+broken

Guess there's a broken connection from vibrations somewhere...you can buy a cheapo multimeter and find it yourself maybe? There's enough info on the web to help you.

Check the fuse and transformer first. Swap the speakers maybe you discover something...Once you found out at what voltage they work you can easy buy a new adapter somewhere in chinatown or even better online like banggood.com.  Make sure you get the right voltage/amps and it should work i would think. Soldering iron costs 70 baht or so in ban mor.

Yep they are notorious for failing. Checked fuses before posting....

Yeah I should just buy a multi first but I am hopeless at soldering on circuit boards even if I did find the fault.... everything looks fine as in no obvious damage/faults.

The one that does work sometimes is very temperamental so maybe it is just something loose from vibration.

On the up side bypassing the amplifier and powering bass driver passively from marantz amplifier works so that could be the cheap solution even though phasing will be wrong and will be full range

15354160_10155177151612971_1231113618_o.jpg