Where to buy a Garmin GPS in Pattaya

kellio

Been looking around for a suitable GPS in Pattaya but unsure what to buy.

I have always had Garmins back home but don't know if buying one here means English language or Thai.
They also have them on Lazada.com but once again, there's no mention of language on the sales pages.

The photos show Thai script so I'm assuming the voice is probably in Thai as well?

http://www.lazada.co.th/garmin-gps-navigator-nuvi-57lm-black-3048615.html?searchclickposition=prod1&searchredirect=Garmin+GPS+Navigator+Nuvi+57LM+-+(Black)

Have had one for the past 9 years.   Got rid of mine when I sold my car this year.  Honestly best to utilize your smart phone as it can be mounted on bike or inside your vehicle and can do the same GPS mapping and travel route for you. 

Watch on YouTube how to make your smartphone a GPS Garmin route guide.  

Save yourself 10,000 baht

aren't these things obsolete now ?.... i use "Google Maps" on  my phone....fantastic!!.. buy one of those phone holders and stick it on your windscreen with the charger connected ....has voice directions , shows up to date traffic/ road works and great for searching  hotels etc, plus you can switch to streetview if you want to check out somewhere first....I've been through Bangkok a few time, no probs

Using a smart-phone and Google Maps MAY BE a good alternative, but beware: If you're aiming for a specific location (shop, business, hotel or otherwise) a lot of them are wrongly positioned and you may end up at the wrong location leaving you 'lost'.

If I'm going to Bangkok for a meeting, I take the business website hoping for a map; then I open Google maps and search for the same business.

In at least 30% of the searches the google-location differs from the actual location.

Finally I use the company-map and google to find out the gps coordinates and put thom in my Garmin.