A Good Read If You Are Interested.

Generalchaos

A rather interesting read, courtesy of Amazon Kindle.

If anyone out there is using Kindle, there is a free book available that may interest anyone regarding Thailand.

It is written by a young English lady Jean Redwood, who works for the British foreign office and is placed initially in Moscow, but then in Bangkok British Embassy.

It is all recounted from her diary at the time, it is set between 1949 and 1952.

It gives some really fascinating accounts of day to day life in Thailand during this time period.

It also seems to indicate just how little work the ex pats. at the British Embassy actually did back then and how it must seem normal for them to do as little toady.

If you are interested, you can download it free - just go to Amazon Kindle books page and search for "Embassy Days: Moscow under Stalin, Bangkok Without Tourists - 1949-1952.

I used the amazon.co.uk, it is available free, I do not have kindle unlimited either, I download it to PC.

If you go to the "BUY NOW" tag, you can download it for free, i.e 0.00 GBP

You can maybe find it here?

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss/157-1498604-1927435?url=node%3D154606011&field-keywords=embassy+days+Moscow+under+stalin

Edited by Generalchaos