90 days

As I have posted before on a multi O we usually fly somewhere for a few days then re-enter.

It has happened before due to my wife's work commitments that it hasn't been possible so I just did a run to Poipet and back.

As recent reports indicate this is, at the moment, not possible can anyone give me the name, location etc of the next nearest crossing to Pattaya.

I'm not due to travel/border hop until Feb' but would like some suggestions.

Thanks.

no not really, a small border crossing with a small market, immigration all being rebuilt at the moment,

park on the right in a big car park, get ticket on entry, pay 80 baht on exit, walk through a small walkway, near to the car wash on the left of the car park, go to the temp buildings on the right as you come out of the car park, get stamped out.

There is a little desk to the left of all the immigration windows, give your passport there -, one photo required, they will stamp you in and out of cambodia 1,700 baht, 10 minute or so wait, stamp yourself back in to Thailand,

about 3 hours steady driving from pattaya or ban chang. was there last wednesday

Edited by steve187
  • Like 1

If driving, you are set with Ban Packard. 

Ban Laem is easier to get to via regular public transportation, in my experience.  There is a van-service that leaves from near Robinsons in Chanthaburi - every hour or so all day, depending on when the van fills up.  Do not believe the taxi-drivers at the bus-station in Chanthaburi, who will try to get a fare to the border.

If leaving from Pattaya, there is also a van which will take you directly to the Ban Laem border-point - 061-44-30-847 - but you will probably need a Thai speaker to call them and find out where and when to meet their van.

My experience there: 

Take USD to pay for your Cambodian VOA, to avoid an insane exchange-rate.  The typical 100-baht "extra" for your VOA is to be expected (similar to Poipet, when it was a use-able crossing).  Also, be prepared to pay an extra fee for crossing and returning the same day - I did not do this on my last trip, but I think others have said it is 300 Baht (and based on an actual Cambodian law, which is intermittently enforced).

There is no 'x-ray' type bag-scan upon return to Thailand, so all bags in the van are searched by hand upon leaving the border-market, where you will also provide a thumbprint and your visa will be checked.  Further down the road is the usual quick "stop and show-passport" checkpoint.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

If driving, you are set with Ban Packard. 

Ban Laem is easier to get to via regular public transportation, in my experience.  There is a van-service that leaves from near Robinsons in Chanthaburi - every hour or so all day, depending on when the van fills up.  Do not believe the taxi-drivers at the bus-station in Chanthaburi, who will try to get a fare to the border.

If leaving from Pattaya, there is also a van which will take you directly to the Ban Laem border-point - 061-44-30-847 - but you will probably need a Thai speaker to call them and find out where and when to meet their van.

My experience there: 

Take USD to pay for your Cambodian VOA, to avoid an insane exchange-rate.  The typical 100-baht "extra" for your VOA is to be expected (similar to Poipet, when it was a use-able crossing).  Also, be prepared to pay an extra fee for crossing and returning the same day - I did not do this on my last trip, but I think others have said it is 300 Baht (and based on an actual Cambodian law, which is intermittently enforced).

There is no 'x-ray' type bag-scan upon return to Thailand, so all bags in the van are searched by hand upon leaving the border-market, where you will also provide a thumbprint and your visa will be checked.  Further down the road is the usual quick "stop and show-passport" checkpoint.

I always drive so if needed I will go with Ban Packard.

I did one go in a mini-van to Poipet a few years ago and believe me I have never done it since or ever will again.

Thanks for reply .

22 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Do they use a full page visa or just a stamp?

I don't think you can use an E visa.

It will be a full page visa sticker.

Poi Pet and Koh Kong are the only crossings that accept the e-visa.