building near boundary line

What's the minimum official distance from a neighbour's boundary line we could build a small house/chalet?

Is it different for residential and for say a garage/store room?

There is no building the other side as of now and probably never, but who knows?

(We are not in town, some distance out of CM, but it is a tesabahn area)

Thanks

Edited by cheeryble

It depends on your buildings height, doors/windows, if it's a permanent/temporary structure, etc.

In general, you must leave 50cms from the closest part of your structure (usually the gutters/roof overhang) to the boundary. However if you do this you cannot have any openings such as windows and doors facing the boundary.

This is why you see glass bricks used in some circumstances to let some light in.

If you are going to build that close make sure the builders fully understand, because it's going to be expensive to redo the roof overhang.

Still don't have definitive answer on this but from what I can glean it may be OK if:

1. 50cm closest for roof.

2. 2 metres minimum if you want windows up to about two floors high

3. 3 metres minimum for higher buildings.

Would still love an reliable/comprehensive answer on this but titbits are all useful too thanks for the answers so far.

1 hour ago, cheeryble said:

Still don't have definitive answer on this but from what I can glean it may be OK if:

1. 50cm closest for roof.

2. 2 metres minimum if you want windows up to about two floors high

3. 3 metres minimum for higher buildings.

Would still love an reliable/comprehensive answer on this but titbits are all useful too thanks for the answers so far.

Well if you want a definitive answer then I would suggest a visit to the Tessaban in you locality.  They  have engineers there that have nothing better to do than answer these types of questions 

Owners Law

Live in a new Moo Baan in the centre of the city, & the people just build right up to the fence as long as the rain water is guttered away & no down pipes hanging over the fence 

Gutter in line withe boundary fence

Well if you want a definitive answer then I would suggest a visit to the Tessaban in you locality.  They  have engineers there that have nothing better to do than answer these types of questions 

That's it!
Friend called me he got it from tesabahn

2m from boundary
No rain pouring onto neighbour land. (Which needs about 50cm)

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect