Big Dog Problem, Need Urgent Help, Please

(do toads eat fish btw?) :D

Nienke

Oh and please give me a day or two before I reply back.

I only know that my dogs tried to eat toads in the past, especially dog 'A', but ended up a bit stoned and foaming around the mouth from the secretions. :D

Wow, u r quick :o

My dogs are older and experienced with toads. It was a 'once and never again get together kind-a thing' for them. :D

You can control an aggressive dog by putting a muzzle on him. The non-aggressive dog wil try to protect himself if attacked so the aggressive muzzled dog will get the short end of the stick. After the aggressive dog gets beat up a little you can take the muzzle off and he will likely settle down.

UPDATE:

The wound of the neutering of dog 'A' has healed, and since yesterday i have started to carefully reintroduce the dogs.

Right now was a little incident that i view somewhat positively. Dog 'A' has again attacked dog 'B', but this time dog 'B' has straight away submitted, and dog 'A' has refrained from biting dog 'B'. He just stood over dog 'B' snarling, then, when i called him, he came, and dog 'B' retreated.

I have then stroked dog 'A's head when he came into the house, but will keep them seperated, especially at night. We will go tonight for our holiday, and i believe that our relatives, who are here already and have witnessed the incident, will follow our instructions.

I told them to carefully reintroduce them, keep them though seperated at night especially - dog 'A' in the house, and both other dogs outside.

Lets see, right now the hormone level is still up, so i am somewhat positive.

Please keep advise coming, i will read and maybe post a bit while i am away.

• 8 months later...

Update

It's been a while, never really got around posting here again in this folder.

So far, the situation is far better than expected. All three dogs are still with us.

Dog 'A' the neutered one, is generally in a far better mood than previously. He still isn't issue free, but easy to handle now. He hardly ever growls at us anymore, still lovely with our son.

The war is mostly over. There were a few incidents, nothing nasty though. Lately - dog 'A' and dog 'B' even started playing with each other again, a bit. They still growl at each other when dog 'B' goes into the house, but that's about it. Dog 'B' sleeps now outside at night, so the territories are more clear now.

When i get to it, one day Dog 'B' will also get the chop.

And i got used to the constant slight nerve pain in my right index and middle finger. :D

Thanks a lot for the very useful advice i got here. :o

I'm no dog expert but I had a Welsh Cardigan Corgi when I lived in the US. We had him neutered when he was a pup (forget the exact age) and didn't have a problem with him until one day my (ex) wife picked up his toy bone and he nailed her. Didn't break the skin, but I was going to put him down but she talked me out of it.

Long story short, I was the dog's primary contact (feeding, exercise, etc.) but for two weeks I totaly ignored him and he had to depend on my ex for feeding, etc. Seemed to work as he never offered to bite her again.

Looking back, my ex and I were having some issues during that time, and maybe the dog was picking up on the "tension" and he was adding a little if his own.

Good luck and keep your child safe :o