Moto Guzzi

frankphuket

Was surprised to see that Moto Guzzi seems now to have an official importer in Thailand. Seen them in the ongoing motor expo. They have the V7 II stone at 500Kplus, V9 roamer and Bloober 600K plus and Audace 1.1mplus.

Always good to see something different, something a bit more 'left wing'.

15235764_1041471352642552_7862323422817843127_o.jpg

15271757_1041471439309210_6805011826033770319_o.jpg

15304287_1041471185975902_6040709983492605539_o.jpg

That's interesting,  I have a soft spot for them after owning a lemans mk1.  Would like to check them out but I'm afraid it's too niche a manufacturer now even for me. They just always seem to struggle to deliver anything really special.  Saying that I think the new Californian's are great  

Definitely a shame....there should be one importer doing the more niche market, as on their own they seem to have a hard time....KTM, MV Agusta, all came and struggle or struggled. The worry is that after a couple of years the close and go home and you are stranded with having to somehow manage to get spares from overseas, etc.

22 hours ago, frankphuket said:

Definitely a shame....there should be one importer doing the more niche market, as on their own they seem to have a hard time....KTM, MV Agusta, all came and struggle or struggled. The worry is that after a couple of years the close and go home and you are stranded with having to somehow manage to get spares from overseas, etc.

This is all done by the same importer that does KTM, Aprilia and Vespa too.

7 minutes ago, bramds said:

This is all done by the same importer that does KTM, Aprilia and Vespa too.

Oh, didn't know....

You wouldn't really notice, as their KTM website sucked for so long, whereas Vespa was quite ok, at least you can get info and seems the most structured and organized.

God's Gift to motorcycling...

Pre war and post war 350 and 500 singles were fantastic. Bacon slicer external flywheel and all.

Big v twins from the late 60's onwards, (not the namby pamby little 350/500's and which the current V7 thingies are based on), from 700cc thru 850, 950, 1050 and the late near 1200's are just brilliant motorcycles.

Love 'em or hate em, you can't sit on the fence with an opinion on Guzzi's. More character and soul and history than any other Italian motorcycle ever made.

One of the few bikes where a short test ride will not do. You just won't get it. You gotta get out there for a couple of hours, nice fast country road and get into synch with it. Man and Machine. Cult Bike.

I've owned 2 Cali mk III's (still got the one in my avatar here in TH), a British Racing Green 8v Centauro, an 02 V11 Sport, and really regret selling the V11. And the Centauro...

Me, biased? Nay...

On 07/12/2016 at 11:24 AM, frankphuket said:

Oh, didn't know....

You wouldn't really notice, as their KTM website sucked for so long, whereas Vespa was quite ok, at least you can get info and seems the most structured and organized.

You are referring to the old importer of KTM, they lost the rights, there is a new player in town and they mean business, showrooms are all at A-Square at the end of Sukhumvit 26, near Rama 4.

On 09/12/2016 at 9:02 PM, William Osborne said:

horrendous looking engine configuration ....along with questionable quality and dealer/service backup ? ... you would really have to ask yourself why ???..

1. If i had to explain, you would'nt understand.

2. So if a transverse 90 degree v twin is a horrendous looking engine configuration (been in production for over 50 years, sold to police forces worldwide, 1st non USA built bike sold to American law enforcement, etc etc etc), what does that say about air cooled BMW boxer motors?

3. Questionable quality? Have you ever worked on one, nay ever seen one?

21 hours ago, William Osborne said:

...agree, the BMW flat twins are even more horrendous looking.....although they shifted to inline 4 when they went about making a proper motorbike..

Anyway, i don't like twins in general so i'm biased ;-)

Indeed.

I dislike in line 4's intensely. Water cooled ones even more so. So i'm biased too.

As for BMW's making proper motorcycles, they stopped that when they stopped making 2V airhead boxers.

As for BMW making in line 4's, S1000 et al, take off the badges and stickers and it's just another UJM, the latest 4 cylinder Honkawayamasuzi. Can't tell the difference these days...