Where to find Chiang Mai sausage

mcfish

After a recent trip to Chiang mai I got hooked on the sausage usually bought at the markets I liked how each vendor had their own recipe however now I'm in withdrawal so where can I find them? Bangkok or pattaya or both

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

It is available at the Farmers Market ( Or Taw Gor) opposite Chatujuck Market. Take the MRT to Kamphaeng and it is right there. Also at the Thursday morning market in front of Srinakarinwirot University on Asoke Rd. Probably lots of other places but the product at those two places very authentic and delicious. Enjoy! 

It is available at the Farmers Market ( Or Taw Gor) opposite Chatujuck Market. Take the MRT to Kamphaeng and it is right there. Also at the Thursday morning market in front of Srinakarinwirot University on Asoke Rd. Probably lots of other places but the product at those two places very authentic and delicious. Enjoy! 

Excellent I live at Asoke! Thanks for that, you know what time the markets run there? Never mind it will be the same as every where else

There is a Thai restaurant on Sukhumvit Soi 11 called the Rosabeing. It has the small train inside it. ( opposite Ambassador hotel ) They have great Chiang Mai sausage. But its eat in only :)

There is a Thai restaurant on Sukhumvit Soi 11 called the Rosabeing. It has the small train inside it. ( opposite Ambassador hotel ) They have great Chiang Mai sausage. But its eat in only :)

Good to know I'm only 5 minutes away so most certainly will check it out

My TW makes them , I got so fed up with the pink things from Lotus and Makro they ruined the chips they went with. She makes ones with herbs in for me and ones with peppers and chillies in for her sen.

Lucky bastard

Try male spas and saunas.
Or, go to C M.
Enjoy the sausage.

If I was batting for the other team it would be a sausage festival.
I actually ate it in Chiang mai every day for 3 weeks and never got bored and my favourite was a dry smokey version, almost half a salami style, went amazingly well with cold beer

I as well love the stuff, and about once every 2 years that I go up there to CM and I always indulge with that green chili paste...yum (even though I am a self-proclaimed vegan). However, my last visit I started to ponder the 'rawness/pink-ish-ness' of the sausage, and found out from my Thai associates that it is in fact 'very undercooked' pork...

'never mind no problem'...

'up to you'...

I must admit I think they are pretty good too.

There used to be occasional sellers in the Pattaya malls. usually when there was a food fair on, and I would take a coil home.

My Mrs chatted to someone selling it on  a Pattaya market once so that she could call her and go get some. 

I haven't noticed any for sale in Pattaya for a long time now, and as I stopped asking for it my Mrs no longer has the connections. There was a seller on the market in Naklua, Sawang Fah, near the post office.

21 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

My TW makes them , I got so fed up with the pink things from Lotus and Makro they ruined the chips they went with. She makes ones with herbs in for me and ones with peppers and chillies in for her sen.

Are we talking about Sai Ua (ไส้อั่ว) here?

If so, the very thought of eating them with chips truly horrifies me - why not add a couple of fried eggs and some baked beans too?

On a more serious note; there are a couple of sellers in Paradise Park market (Pattanakarn Road in Bangkok) who make very good Sai Ua (excellent place to find หมูกรอบ too by the way - although that's a Nakorn Pathom speciality, not from Chiang Mai).

Patrick

Large amounts of Chiang Mai sausage have been bought up, in preparation for the annual hide the sausage contest.

Mr Hi. D. Hole, contest organiser said, "You will be able to buy them second hand and at a 50% discount, after the contest finishes"

. :coffee1:

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2016 at 5:30 AM, jacko45k said:

I must admit I think they are pretty good too.

There used to be occasional sellers in the Pattaya malls. usually when there was a food fair on, and I would take a coil home.

My Mrs chatted to someone selling it on  a Pattaya market once so that she could call her and go get some. 

I haven't noticed any for sale in Pattaya for a long time now, and as I stopped asking for it my Mrs no longer has the connections. There was a seller on the market in Naklua, Sawang Fah, near the post office.

Thanks jacko45k

Archived