Bangkok teenager borrows granddad's revolver and shoots himself dead

webfact

Bangkok teenager borrows granddad's revolver and shoots himself dead

tt.jpg

Picture: Thairath

BANGKOK: -- A 15 year old Bangkok youth calmly went to his room after dinner with his family yesterday.

A shot rang out and his mother rushed to his room where "Ae" was already dead from a gunshot wound to the right of his chest.

Next to the body Chok Chai police found a diary entry that mentioned trouble with someone else at school. He had written an apology for taking his life to his mum and dad.

The incident happened at a two story house in Lat Prao Soi 81 yesterday evening. The body of the youth was found at the foot of his bed.

There were five other people in the house. He had used his grandfather's .38 Smith and Wesson revolver to commit suicide.

Cops added that en entry in the diary from three months prior spoke of trouble with a friend. Another more recent entry indicated the M2 (Year 9) student was still having personal problems.

The family said he had come home from school as normal and after dinner had gone to his bedroom.

Police said that the youth was a quiet guy who had good grades at school and was not in any trouble they were aware of.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-12-07

4 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

Borrows = got it with permission.

Nowhere in the article it becomes clear the granddad actually handed the boy the gun or gave him permission to use it.

It was "Thai" borrowing. Whenever I can't find a tool or fan or hair dryer or battery pack or phone cable it's because my sister in law borrowed it but forgot to mention it. 

16 hours ago, twizzian said:

I thought it was more common here to shoot the person you have a greavence with rather than shoot yourself.

RIP young man

Thai kids can be too shy or sensitive. Maybe a small thing at school, get blown out of proportions.  But how many times when you were young that you did something. And you thought it was the end of the world. 

Why would a granddad 'lend' a loaded gun to his teenage grandson, to start with? I can't think of any possible use a 15-year-old has for a loaded .38. Maybe the kid just took it without anyone knowing. Anyway, a very tragic and unnecessary end.

14 hours ago, Guitar God said:

It was "Thai" borrowing. Whenever I can't find a tool or fan or hair dryer or battery pack or phone cable it's because my sister in law borrowed it but forgot to mention it. 

''so where is the hair dryer you borrowed now''

''In the pawn shop''

19 hours ago, LotusBoy said:

Such a tragic story. Bullying or whatever caused this young lad to take his own life, I really wish schools could do more to try and stop this happening, but..........................

RIP Young lad and sorry people let you down.

Aren't there more than just suggestions that in some schools, unis etc hazing, for example, gets a tacit nod of approval if not actually encouraged but then of course when something goes wrong all is denied as the authorities run for cover ?

1 minute ago, NongKhaiKid said:

Aren't there more than just suggestions that in some schools, unis etc hazing, for example, gets a tacit nod of approval if not actually encouraged but then of course when something goes wrong all is denied as the authorities run for cover ?

Very true. Cases of bullying etc. hardly get reported due to fear. And when they do get reported, nothing is down, quick hide as you said.

More should be done, but as we know, they seem to think nothing is broken so why fix it :sad: Just another kid let down.

RIP to the boy,but as the op said,borrowed it without permission.How on earth did the boy know where the gun was? And why was it so easy for him to access it?.A 38 S&W is no toy.Didnt the silly old fool think to lock it away somewhere,where only he knew where it was?

My God,do these people never think?

On 12/7/2016 at 1:03 PM, Bob12345 said:

Nowhere in the article it becomes clear the granddad actually handed the boy the gun or gave him permission to use it.

Now you are just being intentionally difficult and fault finding ,.

You know very well what was meant 

Maybe "borrow" was the wrong word to use , but its quite obvious what happened

Or do you really need everything spelled out and explained to you ?

10 hours ago, soalbundy said:

''so where is the hair dryer you borrowed now''

''In the pawn shop''

Nothing has ever disappeared for good but I can't understand why they seem confused when I ask "why didn't you let me know you took my drill home so I didn't have to waste a half hour looking for it?".

Stop blaming others is what I say. The guy killed himself, easy way out, can't face your problems then take the cowards way out.

In my small village back in Blighty we have a small church. In it is a small graveyard. Two or three graves are put right at the bottom of the cemetry and the names on the graves are not carved. I asked the vicar why and he said those people commited suicide. "The cowards way out" he said.

Edited by Wilsonandson

4 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

Stop blaming others is what I say. The guy killed himself, easy way out, can't face your problems then take the cowards way out.

In my small village back in Blighty we have a small church. In it is a small graveyard. Two or three graves are put right at the bottom of the cemetry and the names on the graves are not carved. I asked the vicar why and he said those people commited suicide. "The cowards way out" he said.

He is obviously a caring Christian full of God's love and understanding

4 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

A 15 year old commits suicide and you think he is a coward and should face his problems? This is a child we are talking about not a rational, mental stable adult.

On 12/6/2016 at 10:03 PM, Bob12345 said:

Also, odd wording to say that he shot himself dead in the headline.  Fatally shot himself?