Does the Honda CBR-150 have an oil filter?

Still Living

Sorry if this is a really dumb question. Can't find anything online. 

Today I'm taking my bike in for its 3rd oil change. Last time I asked them to change the oil and oil filter. They said "yeah yeah ok."

Then after when I was paying I realized I was only being charged for the oil change. I asked if they changed the oil filter (with the help of a friend) and they said "no need! No problem!" 

So I want to know what's going on here. Does this bike have an oil filter? Does it need to be changed? Are they just trying to get rid of me?

Any help would be appreciated. It's a new bike and I want to maintain it right. 

I have a CBR150R '13. As far as I'm aware there is no oil filter - it never occurred to me before, I just throw it into Honda and let them deal with it, the dealer I use is good, so I never paid too much attention. So top marks for observation.

Its not so unusual - the wave 125i doesn't have an oil filter either.

1 hour ago, Still Living said:

Thanks for the response. I always just assumed, if it has oil then it has an oil filter. Ok I'll trust the guys over at Honda and stop being so anal. I just hate when they give me the old "yeah yeah yeah ok" and brush me off. 

Thinking back, on the first service - I did question them, about something like this - maybe there was no oil change on the first service, just tightening and checking.

i think it's about finding a good dealer and a balance - it helps if you can talk to them, everyone understands you, respects your wishes and be allowed to watch the guys if you wish ( let's face it, they aren't mechanics - they are just following procedure from a book )

Like I say, I'm happy with Honda, but I own a Kawasaki too. I took it to one dealer and gave the same level of trust, to get home and find a locating lug broken on the fairing and a bolt missing from a third party accessory I had fitted, that they took off with no clue how to refit and binned one bolt and compensated by tightening a second to make it look like it was the same.

Dont expect anyone else to take responsibility for your bike in Thailand - It's good to be aware, find the service manual online and keep up - like you say, it's a nice feeling to have a new bike and look after it from the start.

Yeah I don't really trust these people. Especially because it's a new model bike and they don't have much experience working on these yet. I actually have a Honda winner in Vietnam. Same engine as the cbr. 

I know the bike takes 1.2 liters of oil instead of just 1 liter so before they had to open a second bottle. Now they have the special 1.2 bottles just for this bike. If the other guy didn't know then oil would be low. Just watch things like that. 

Btw I'm at Honda now. ?

image.jpeg

Picked up my CB650 from the dealer, drove it 20 feet - stopped. Something not right. Chain had maybe 1/8" of slack. Pushed it back - made them adjust it. Told them to deliver my CRF250 to my home - same thing - this time maybe a 1/4" slack. But at least I was at home where my tools were to adjust it. Now, in for warranty service, the word is - leave the drive chain alone. And afterwards - straight home to check things over. Always find something. Thankfully the 650 off warranty so they will never see it again. All comes down to poor wages, so they can not attract - or keep - quality help. Thai guy who wrenches my Dyna is Ace. Has more torque wrenches than me !