West Ham Thread

EastSaxCol

The only one to come out of this with any credit is Avram Grant.

He inherited a crap squad. It was always going to be an uphill struggle.

He puts up with all this crap from Gold ,Sullivan and Whatsherface and still acts with dignity.

I grew up in the era of Ron Greenwood , John Lyle etc. they will be turning in their graves at this shambles.

I agree with all of that ^^, spot on..

He puts up with all this crap from Gold ,Sullivan and Whatsherface and still acts with dignity.

I grew up in the era of Ron Greenwood , John Lyle etc. they will be turning in their graves at this shambles.

sad to say , but sadly true.

<deleted> :( is going on?

Who IS your manager?

No one seems to know.....:o

Who IS your manager?

No one seems to know.....:o

Well when a Manager doesn't get Saceked or Resigns, it's normally thought of as him, until one of those things happen..:rolleyes:

It doesn't look as though O,Neil will be going to Upton Park.

BBC

You can't lean with any confidence with any News Agency towards an idea of " truth " Lite Beer..

The BBC were the one's who on Saturday, were Guilty of starting this whole Circus & have since removed the original Story from their Website..

It doesn't look as though O,Neil will be going to Upton Park.

BBC

You can't lean with any confidence with any News Agency towards an idea of " truth " Lite Beer..

The BBC were the one's who on Saturday, were Guilty of starting this whole Circus & have since removed the original Story from their Website..

It's looking more and more likely that Mrs Brady is going to appoint herself as new manger :lol::D

An absolute dreadful few days that are now over, hopefully..

Whilst other Club's Fans seem to delight in the undermining of their Manager, we don't..

The shennannigans over the past few days have seen the last few days as some of the darkest in my memory ( which is long & another Year older today actually..;) )..

The Owners have lost my backing fully, their actions have been a fcukign disgrace & have without a doubt inflicted far more serious damage on the Management & Players than we'll initially see..

But it's done now & relegation is nailed on, not by choosing to stick with Grant, but with the undermining & not having the balls to Sack him when that was clearly their Plan & when they refuse to accept responsibility for anything IE Their appointment of Grant in the first place..

However, i think we've dodged a bullet in not getting O Neill whether we get relegated or not, so all is not too sad..;)

Hopefully Grant can turn the Team's fortunes around as much as he has his own popularity levels & reputation over the last few days, but he's not a miracle worker & working with the crap he has, he needs to be..

Whilst other Club's Fans seem to delight in the undermining of their Manager, we don't..

The shennannigans over the past few days have seen the last few days as some of the darkest in my memory ( which is long & another Year older today actually..;) )..

The Owners have lost my backing fully, their actions have been a fcukign disgrace & have without a doubt inflicted far more serious damage on the Management & Players than we'll initially see..

But it's done now & relegation is nailed on, not by choosing to stick with Grant, but with the undermining & not having the balls to Sack him when that was clearly their Plan & when they refuse to accept responsibility for anything IE Their appointment of Grant in the first place..

However, i think we've dodged a bullet in not getting O Neill whether we get relegated or not, so all is not too sad..;)

Hopefully Grant can turn the Team's fortunes around as much as he has his own popularity levels & reputation over the last few days, but he's not a miracle worker & working with the crap he has, he needs to be..

Congratulations singher 11.gif and you don't look a day over 40.

Don't like to be the bearer of more bad news but iv'e just seen that avram threw away the lucky scarf at the weekend 2.gif.

Edited by alfieconn

The 55-year-old Grant is due to take training at the club's training ground in Essex this afternoon and co-chairman David Sullivan offered him his undivided support.

"The entire board is 100 per cent behind Avram," Sullivan told ESPNsoccernet. "He is a really decent person who deserves our support".

"West Ham United is a club that does the right thing and the right thing at this time is to support the manager".

"We will do all we can to bring in players over the next 12 days and once we have achieved that we hope it will keep us up. I urge all supporters to rally behind the club at this difficult time."

Mail Online.

In other words "O'Neil, Allardcye or anyone else did not want anything to do with this hatchet job so we are stuck with Grant".

What a tosser.

Well, I take my hat off for your support of Grant, a decent bloke and a decent manager in my opinion, which contrasts to the squealing of Liverpudlians against Hodgson. And look who they carted in, a Celebrity manager who may not have the sea legs if they get into further trouble.

But I am interested why MSingh doesn't think O'Neill would have been the man for the job if Grant was sacked? I think he's a good manager and a scrapper.

I'd be sorry to see West Ham go down.

defies logic all this shit, our owners are supposed to running an established epl football club,

recent actions and deecisions , tell me they couldnt run a fckckgin bath

yes all this means we are now farked and going down

2 daves and brady have dropped the ultimate clanger on this one

even grant cant polish a turd as big as this :angry:

at least we will have sheff utd away ;)

Well, I take my hat off for your support of Grant, a decent bloke and a decent manager in my opinion, which contrasts to the squealing of Liverpudlians against Hodgson. And look who they carted in, a Celebrity manager who may not have the sea legs if they get into further trouble.

But I am interested why MSingh doesn't think O'Neill would have been the man for the job if Grant was sacked? I think he's a good manager and a scrapper.

I'd be sorry to see West Ham go down.

A few reasons Mate..

The Man is a Quitter, he has Quit every Job he has ever had, i don't like people like that personally, he strikes me as soemone who thinks he is better than every Club he has managed, when he isn't. To walk out on a Club 4 days before teh start of the Season is shameful in my opinon, like he did at Villa.

His Villa Team was the most boring to watch in living memory for me, i watch any Football there is but i honestly used to flick if Villa was the only Game on or used to watch another Game if there was another on. Their style was ugly & made Curbishley's look like Guardiola's.

His Signings can be atrocious, & for inflated money too, we're a Club that was in 110m GBP debt a Year ago, 80m GBP debt today ( 13m for Harewood & Reo Coker from us being a prime example )..

As i said though he does seem to be able to get the best out of not very good sides, but at a cost of watching us turn into that Villa Team, i'd rather us go down ( which i am adament we are going to do after the past 6 days ) & watch our Kids on a Stream every week personally..

Edit : Grant is a decent Bloke & a good Manager, anyone who think this situation we are in is because of him is incredibly naive but it's not, believe it or not, about him, all this..It's about the actions of the Owners, the way they have disgracefully undermined him which is wrong..

Other Club's, like you mentioned, can do that if they choose, their Supporters can even boast that it's happening on Forums like this, that's up to them, but i actually would not be too disspaointed if Grant Quit & we brang someone else in but the Owners gave him a 4 Year deal & he can stick with it if he wishes unless they Sack him, which they won't do as that admits a mistake on their part & they don't seem to be able to accpet mistakes made on their part.

Let's be real, we're bottom of the League, have been for a lot of the Year, although as i say Grant isn't all to blame with this, a change of Manager " may " give us a boost of some kind that " may " keep us up, or it might not..

But this is not the way to go about it, & that's the problem in all this..

Edited by MSingh

The 55-year-old Grant is due to take training at the club's training ground in Essex this afternoon and co-chairman David Sullivan offered him his undivided support.

"The entire board is 100 per cent behind Avram," Sullivan told ESPNsoccernet. "He is a really decent person who deserves our support".

"West Ham United is a club that does the right thing and the right thing at this time is to support the manager".

"We will do all we can to bring in players over the next 12 days and once we have achieved that we hope it will keep us up. I urge all supporters to rally behind the club at this difficult time."

Mail Online.

In other words "O'Neil, Allardcye or anyone else did not want anything to do with this hatchet job so we are stuck with Grant".

What a tosser.

I see it as they are pushing him & trying to make Grant jump, which he clearly won't seem to do, & they will ocntinue to do so as they don't wnat to admit their mistake in appoining hm in the fiorst place, by paying out on the 3 & a half Years on his Contract that they gave him..

I dont' think these poeple know the meaning of the word " responsibility ".

However that to me is a Vote of Confidence, & we all know what tends to follow with one of them, especially with a heavy defeat at Goodison on Saturday..

I'd be inclined to still think that with defeats coming soon, they will at some stage have to bite their lip & Sack him, IF they are actually able to cut off their nose to spite their face...

Now i'm not one to argue with ya Singher and i must confess to have not seen a lot of the scammers games usually due to having something else better to do, but everytime i see you say "crap players" i instantly think of Blackpool and if you were to compare them like for like your lot then i'm sure west ham would come out on top, so therefore it's more than just the players being crap that is the problem ;)

Now i'm not one to argue with ya Singher and i must confess to have not seen a lot of the scammers games usually due to having something else better to do, but everytime i see you say "crap players" i instantly think of Blackpool and if you were to compare them like for like your lot then i'm sure west ham would come out on top, so therefore it's more than just the players being crap that is the problem ;)

In that case you won't know then will you & you don't have much basis to say it is that or it's much more than that, do you ?? ;)

In that case you won't know then will you & you don't have much basis to say it is that or it's much more than that, do you ?? ;)

Perhaps best you get Holloway in as manager :D.

Charlie Adam is a better Player than any of teh 4 Midfielders that we had on the Pitch at HT & FT on Saturday against Arsenal, not even debateable that..

Kovac, Spector, LBM & Sears.

Charlie Adam is a better Player than any of teh 4 Midfielders that we had on the Pitch at HT & FT on Saturday against Arsenal, not even debateable that..

Yeah that's one, how about the other ten ! and i'm not talking about their performance in one game.

Let's look at it another way, going back 18 months who were the stronger team West ham or blackpool, i pretty sure you were, if your now saying blackpool are the stronger team then something has gone wrong and theres only one person too blame.

Yeah that's one, how about the other ten ! and i'm not talking about their performance in one game.

Let's look at it another way, going back 18 months who were the stronger team West ham or blackpool, i pretty sure you were, if your now saying blackpool are the stronger team then something has gone wrong and theres only one person too blame.

Don't know why i said 18 months, lets say when Grant took over from Zola.

FAYC 4th round: West Ham 0 United 1

It may not have been a classic cup tie, but United proved clinical and showed an impressive level of maturity to clinch a 1-0 victory over West Ham in the FA Youth Cup fourth round on Wednesday night.

Will Keane pounced on a rebound to give United a deserved lead after 35 minutes at Upton Park, and that turned out to be enough to secure a fifth round home tie with either Newcastle or Grimsby Town.

Paul McGuinness put his faith in the same team that defeated Portsmouth 3-2 in the third rotiund last week, and the Under-18s boss was not to be disappointed. Tom Thorpe shone at the back with a composed centre-back showing, while Larnell Cole was United's creative spark in attack.

The opening half hour was predictably cagey as both teams sought to stamp their authority on the game. But it was United who quickly began to carve out the majority of the early chances. Paul Pogba had the Reds' first sight of goal from a free-kick 25 yards out, earned when John Cofie's powerful run was illegally checked. The Frenchman's goal-bound shot was well saved by West Ham keeper Sam Cowler, who was again called into action as Cole teed up a Cofie shot from the edge of the area, which Cowler this time saved more comfortably.

It took until the 35th minute for United to finally beat Cowler, who never looked comfortable under close scrutiny. In fact, he couldn't have made it simpler for scorer Will Keane. The opening was engineered by Cole's sublime skill, controlling Tunnicliffe's headed flick on 30 yards from goal, he juggled the ball on his knee before unleashing a swerving, dipping volley that Cowler clumsily spilled, and the ever-predatory Keane pounced to head home for a 1-0 lead.Sam Johnstone had very little to do in United’s goal, but on 43 minutes he had to be alert to stop a free-kick from George Moncur – son of ex-Hammer John – from nestling into the top corner.

Although the Reds’ half-time advantage was well deserved, the home team came out in the second half with renewed purpose. However, United’s cutting edge in attack had not been blunted; an outstanding cross from Michael Keane across the face of goal after 54 minutes narrowly evaded the required touch from the loitering Cofie and Gyliano van Velzen.

With such a slender lead, there were bound to be nerve-racking moments as the game entered it’s final phases. Inside a five-minute period as the game entered its final quarter of an hour, the tie could have swung either way.

Both teams had opportunities to grab the game’s second goal. Sebastian Lletget scuffed a good opening from 12 yards, before Will Keane went up the other end and nearly put the tie out of reach. He lobbed the ball over his marker and Cowler, but the Hammers’ keeper got back to scoop the ball away, just as Keane was about to steer the ball into the empty net. Reds winger van Velzen also turned a shot wide after more good approach-play from Cole.

West Ham fought desperately for a way back into the tie, while United's more cautious approach involved soaking up the pressure and

attempting to strike on the break. One such rapid counterattack led to a powerfully driven shot from Cofie on 89 minutes which Cowler turned away.

It looked like being the last of the action, but McGuinness’s youngsters survived a late penalty scare in injury-time when a shot appeared to strike Michele Fornasier on the arm – albeit from a shot at point-blank range. But the referee waved play on and United were spared extra-time and spot-kicks in favour of a well-earned win and a forthcoming fifth round tie.

United: Johnstone; M Keane, Thorpe, Fornasier, Blackett (Fryers 85); Cole, Tunnicliffe, Pogba, van Velzen; Cofie, W Keane.

Subs not used: Jacob, Massacci, Hendrie, Lingard.

Edited by MrRed

The Youth Game was menat to be a cracking Game of Football, my Old Man went ove rthere & said it was real good quality, 2 good sides..

Really played well yesterday, feels like a fcukign defeat though & losing 2 points to injury time Games doesn't do anyone any favours, especially if you're bottom of the League.

Oh well, a good perormance..

Shocking decision with the sending off, the FA clearly think to celebrate Bolateli style would be good for the game.

Dems be the rules, can't blame the Ref...

The ruling needs to be looked ta for sure though, Piq now misses our biggest Game in God knows how long & the Semi Final Second Leg on Weds, nightmare..

For you Imola, although you might have read it alreadly..;)

======

I read today’s article on our plans for a move to the Olympic Stadium by old sourpuss, and felt a need to reply. Time has been a bit of a commodity for me of late, however if this particular piece was intent on riling me as a West Ham fan, it succeeded.

Legacies…….I almost choked on my porridge. Lets talk about legacies shall we Harry, your legacy at West Ham was to strip the club bare with your wild transfer dealings, placing players on unsustainable wages and rotating the squad year on year in a style that the Dagenham Girl Pipers lead baton twirler would have been proud of.

Your experiences at this club did more for you than you ever did for it Harry, and held you in the good stead to ply your trade wherever you chose to. Many West Ham fans, myself included, will draw on some fond memories of a handful of great moments under your reign, however as you are well aware those memories are somewhat tainted when your own legacy is examined.

Your popularity with the fans I’m afraid had departed some considered time before you took the T*ttenham Hotspur job Harry. Perhaps the clouded circumstances of your behind closed doors departure, your business relationship with Willie McKay, your extensive and expensive transfer dealings, speculation about court injunctions and the attention of the Her Majestys tax inspectors on your most impressive portfolio of acquired assets post your spell at Bournemouth and subsequent investigations and raids on your home which causes the West Ham faithful to hold you in such disregard.

Of course there was throughout your tenure a contingent that had never forgiven you for the manner in which you acquired your managerial position at the club, at the cost of our great hero Billy Bonds MBE, for whom you were best man at his wedding and longstanding best friend. To this very day Bonzo as he is still affectionately known by the fans who still hold him in high regard, refutes your version of events and which most laymen would suggest are slightly rose-tinted.

It is then of little surprise to see a man, who has so often shifted loyalties for the achievement of personal and financial gain (your spells with arch-rivals Portsmouth and then Southampton) to deliberately ignore addressing the much publicised concerns of his own T*ttenham Hotspur supporters, who are adamant they do not want to leave their longstanding North London home to move into East London, leaving behind there history, heritage and their roots.

Here's an idea Harry, worry about your own fans, we do not care for your concern.

One wonders if this is why the Football Association are at such liberty to make the England Managers job your own. What would happen if you did achieve success with England….. Managing the French…..or god forbid the Germans.

Perhaps this was seen as an opportunity to drum up hysteria and adversity amongst a fan base that has seen its club endure embarrassment, shame and ridicule over the past few seasons and is languishing perilously at the foot of the Premiership. I’d go as far as to say that many West Ham fans are vulnerable at the moment after taking an emotional beating over the past few seasons.

I question is this an opportunity to aid a plan led by your latest paymasters to depose of West Ham and infiltrate its heartland and its future generations of supporters, and am preparing a piece addressing the very threat that T*ttenham present to us, one in which I feel to many of our own fans need to recognise before its too late.

In an ideal world, I wouldn't want a running track, who would, however I for one would crawl naked over broken glass and barb wire to keep T*ttenham Hotspur out of East London. This cheap shot to play on the concerns of the already very concerned West Ham fan in a time of trouble is loathsome Harry. You have fired a few across the bows of this club in seasons past, yet you forget your local history, oh he who was born in Limehouse, Poplar. We made ships of Iron, we are men of Iron, and in true East End fashion, if you and your newly acquainted friends think you are going to chase this club out of East London, you’ve got another think coming sunshine. If Hitler couldn’t move us out with the blitz, I’m pretty sure that you and your board are going to come up short.

Go North, Go South, Go West, but do not come east…….you are not welcome here.