Bus Stations In Pattaya

Weho

I have yet to find a comprehensive list of bus stations in Pattaya.

Is there any truly complete list? I want to go to Koh Chang by bus... which station do I go to?

I also saw a sign for a daily bus from near Carrefour to Bangkok daily, that might be a little more comfortable/convenient than the normal Bangkok buses. Any more info about that? And are there buses to Bangkok from Jomtien, or only from North Pattaya road? And I understand there is a more luxury bus to Bangkok, (something like "NCR" bus company)... how does that work?

And if I want a bus to Sri Racha or Rayong, I'm told I can just wave them down on Sukumvit, but what stops, and what buses? What do they look like? (Air conditioned only, please!)

Any help appreciated!

There are two major bus stations in Pattaya, one on North Pattaya Road and one on Suckumviet Road

The Bus station on North Pattaya Road has a air con bus every 30 minutes to Bangkok Eakami right on the skytrain line. Cost 119bht and takes 2hours, I found the service to be more comfortable than a standard taxi and took no longer. The last bus returning to Pattaya when I went was as late as 11pm. When I arrived back in Pattaya there was a row of BHt buses loading up as many passangers and charging 10bht to take them to beach road.

The bus station on Suckumviet road goes to Bangkok Mo Chit very close to the Big Weekend Market.

Both stations in Bangkok have more buses going to more area of Thailand.

I would recommend to anyone to try getting to Bangkok this way, it is cheap, convenient and comfortable.

The aircon bus seamed more like a coach than a bus.

You get a numbered seat, toilet on board, and there was more leg room than some of the air flights I have been on

Sorry my info does not include going to Ko Chang, if no one gives the info get a bht bus to the station on North Pattaya Road between 3rd road and Suckumviet easy to locate . . .

Edited by rocky

There are two major bus stations in Pattaya, one on North Pattaya Road and one on Sukhumvit Road

The Bus station on North Pattaya Road has a air con bus every 30 minutes to Bangkok Eakami right on the skytrain line

The bus station on Sukhumvit road goes to Bangkok Mo Chit very close to the Big Weekend Market.

There are two "major" bus stations in Pattaya, as Rocky says. However, the bus station on North Pattaya Road services both Ekkamai and Mo Chit.......and there is also a special service to Mukhdahan, linking up with the new "Friendship Bridge" which crosses the Mekhong to Savvanakhet. The one on the Sukhumvit Road doesn't service Mo Chit. BTW, this Sukhumvit bus station is on the eastern side of the road, not on the ocean side.

The other "major" bus station, operated by Nakhonchai Air, on the Sukhumvit Road services a multitude of destinations e.g. Ban Chang, Chatchoengsao, Ubon Ratchathani, Burirum, Phitsanulok, Khon Kaen, Lampang, Chiang Mai being just a few of them.

Check out this link:

Nakhonchai Air

There is also a smaller bus station serving Ubon Ratchathani, and all points between Pattaya and Ubon, on Third Road near to the Loxinfo office.

Edited by Artisan

There are two major bus stations in Pattaya, one on North Pattaya Road and one on Sukhumvit Road

The Bus station on North Pattaya Road has a air con bus every 30 minutes to Bangkok Eakami right on the skytrain line

The bus station on Sukhumvit road goes to Bangkok Mo Chit very close to the Big Weekend Market.

There are two "major" bus stations in Pattaya, as Rocky says. However, the bus station on North Pattaya Road services both Ekkamai and Mo Chit.......and there is also a special service to Mukhdahan, linking up with the new "Friendship Bridge" which crosses the Mekhong to Savvanakhet. The one on the Sukhumvit Road doesn't service Mo Chit. BTW, this Sukhumvit bus station is on the eastern side of the road, not on the ocean side.

The other "major" bus station, operated by Nakhonchai Air, on the Sukhumvit Road services a multitude of destinations e.g. Ban Chang, Chatchoengsao, Ubon Ratchathani, Burirum, Phitsanulok, Khon Kaen, Lampang, Chiang Mai being just a few of them.

Check out this link:

Nakhonchai Air

There is also a smaller bus station serving Ubon Ratchathani, and all points between Pattaya and Ubon, on Third Road near to the Loxinfo office.

I stand corrected :o

Is there any truly complete list? I want to go to Koh Chang by bus... which station do I go to?

I also saw a sign for a daily bus from near Carrefour to Bangkok daily, that might be a little more comfortable/convenient than the normal Bangkok buses. Any more info about that? And are there buses to Bangkok from Jomtien, or only from North Pattaya road? And I understand there is a more luxury bus to Bangkok, (something like "NCR" bus company)... how does that work?

And if I want a bus to Sri Racha or Rayong, I'm told I can just wave them down on Sukumvit, but what stops, and what buses? What do they look like? (Air conditioned only, please!)

Any help appreciated!

There are 2 services to the new BKK Airport leaving from the North Pattaya bus station on Pattaya Nua.

The one service operates from the ticket windows and operates a regular type of bus. This service is run by Roong Reuang Coach Co., Ltd.

I've included a window scan of their bus times to and from the transport centre at the airport.

The other company have an office just beside the bus causeway and it's a coach service with large luggage compartments underneath. This is run by Bell Travel Services Co., Ltd. These coaches leave from the Arrival Hall at the airport. They recommend a booking.

I've included their timetable as well.

post-34982-1165424106_thumb.jpg post-34982-1165424115_thumb.jpg post-34982-1165424092_thumb.jpg

Edited by tropo

Check out this link:

Nakhonchai Air

There is also a 3rd. smaller bus station in the Petronas service station on Sukhumvit which is as you go up Pattaya Klang you turn left and it's the first servo on the left. It is known as the 407 bus service and goes to Khon Kaen, Udon Thani and Nong Khai. Several departures leave there everynight heading to Issan. Small ticket office on site there selling tickets all day for the night movements.

If I was going to Koh Chang I would walk up Pattaya Klang to Sukhumvit, cross the road and wait for the first bus to Rayong. Then change at Rayong and get on one going to Trat. From there organise local transport to the ferry terminal. But if you want to do it quicker just go to a travel agent and book the mini van trip direct.

......and don't forget there is a VIP coach service to Suvarnabhumi Airport based on Soi Chayapreuk in Jomtien. This service is provided by the "Transportation Company" and costs 109 baht one way. There is a separate thread on this service.

......and I forgot that there is an Jomtien-Bangkok bus service to Ekkamai that also leaves from Soi Chayapreuk in Jomtien but it is not "express" i.e. it stops everywhere.

Edited by Artisan

Any help appreciated!

If you want to go to Koh Chang (Trat) by bus, it is easier to pre-book a minibus, which will collect you from your hotel or apartment or dwelling place. It takes away the hassle of luggage, and buses.

Cost 400 baht.

Buy ticket for ferry yourself in Trat to the island: 50 baht.

For Bangkok, the Pattaya North bus station is great. They leave every 30 minutes and if you get the Ekkamai bus, you can get off at On Nut and join the Bangkok Skytrain.

Edited by libya 115

Any help appreciated!

If you want to go to Koh Chang (Trat) by bus, it is easier to pre-book a minibus, which will collect you from your hotel or apartment or dwelling place. It takes away the hassle of luggage, and buses.

Cost 400 baht.

Buy ticket for ferry yourself in Trat to the island: 50 baht.

For Bangkok, the Pattaya North bus station is great. They leave every 30 minutes and if you get the Ekkamai bus, you can get off at On Nut and join the Bangkok Skytrain.

The last time i had a mini bus collect me from my house, while i was away i was robbed, i do believe it had something to do with the booking office or the driver. My advice never get picked up from home, if your home was to be empty while your away.

(one of the reasons i put together all the bits to make a pir sensor alarm. cost me 2500bht to make)