Thailand Greenhouse Gas Management Organization arranges seminar on global warming

webfact

Thailand Greenhouse Gas Management Organization arranges seminar on global warming

BANGKOK, 9 December 2016 (NNT) - The Thailand Greenhouse Gas Management Organization urges all sectors to take part in reducing greenhouse gases in Thailand while expressing readiness to educating all units about global warming. 

Director of the Thailand Greenhouse Gas Management Organization Prasertsuk Chamonman on Thursday presided over a global warming seminar attended by representatives of more than 50 organizations in the public and private sector. Many organizations worldwide are working together in decreasing greenhouse gas emissions in order to control an increase in the global temperature to be below 2 C. 

The Thailand Greenhouse Gas Management Organization has launched a project to reduce greenhouse gases in all sectors. The project focuses on alternative energy, transportation management, energy efficiency, waste management and forest management. The participating organizations can sell their carbon credits at voluntary carbon markets in the country.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2016-12-09

So much hot air.  Transport, waste management, shopping mals with huge aircons are just a few sectors that aren't being addressed sustainably.  Assuming one believes in global warming, then Thailand is only scratching the surface, but then compared to China and India they are only minnows in a sea of some very big fish.

With Climate change denial fools in the new US administration, China is the World's best hope for a leader in the switch to sustainable energy use and a driver in making renewables ever more economic. Luckily, apart from coal, they don't have huge hydro carbon reserves so it is in their economic as well as environmental interest to move to renewables. If the US, or any other country decides to ignore the potential long term benefits of switching to renewables, they are going to be the losers in the long run. Apart from China, some European countries have made huge efforts and hopefully Thailand will want invest in 21st century energy projects and policy instead of look to the past like some luddites in the US and elsewhere.  I know this is optimistic, but otherwise, we are all doomed by our short terms stupidity and greed. Frankly, it is perplexing why humans are so stupid and short sighted. I don't even have kids but for anyone who does and wishes the best for their kids future, they should do all they can to reduce their carbon footprint as well as encourage others to change too, friends, businesses and government at all levels. Yes, I'm guilty too but I am aware that lowering consumption is a good start (so don't anyone expect any XMas presents from me this year ;)  )