Kawasaki W800 now in Thailand

Issanman

Interesting, especially that Kawasaki HQ has canceled the whole W-family (W650 and W800). Read all about it http://www.cycleworld.com/kawasaki-w800-final-edition-farewell-to-classic-motorcycle

Maybe we get the remaining few unsold models? Or Kawasaki Thailand made this page back when they still planned to introduce the model and never removed it (I cannot find a link on the Thai Kawasaki home page that links to the Kawasaki W800 page)....

6 minutes ago, Issanman said:

Kawasaki Thailand home page at the top, click on motorcycles and it is listed under new arrivals right next to the Versys X 300.

And the Kawasaki Japan website still has it on their website:

https://www.kawasaki-cp.khi.co.jp/mcy/street/17_ej800a_e.html

Guess they didn't pull the model of the market... Nice to know...

They are at the motorshow too.

Problem is that these bikes aren't compliant to EURO4, so they can still be sold here, but not in other parts of the world.

Does anyone know what the difference is between the normal and the black edition? Apart from the colour obviously.

Seems a bit ridiculous to pay 20K baht more for a bit of paint.

On 12/10/2016 at 8:29 AM, Issanman said:

I haven't yet seen this mentioned in this forum.  

But the Thai Kawasaki website is now showing the Kawasaki W800 for less than 400K baht.

http://www.kawasaki.co.th/motorcycle/w800

The blue is 376000 and the black "special edition" is 395000 baht.

Amazing Thailand!

kw-product-color-2-1.jpgkw-product-color-1-1.jpg

Those are actually nice looking motos. Be fun to sport around in. The murdered out one looks sweet

30 minutes ago, Big Guns said:

The same price as the Triumph Street Twin but (unless I'm wrong) 100cc less, no ABS, no slipper clutch or LED lights. The big advantage over Triumph is the more extensive dealer network. I was going to buy a Triumph but no dealer in Rayong.

20,000 less than the street twin.

34 minutes ago, Big Guns said:

The same price as the Triumph Street Twin but (unless I'm wrong) 100cc less, no ABS, no slipper clutch or LED lights. The big advantage over Triumph is the more extensive dealer network. I was going to buy a Triumph but no dealer in Rayong.

I was in the Bang Na Triumph dealership last week. They hinted there may be a Pattaya branch within a year or two. Who knows?

I am getting seriously off topic here. Sorry. Back to Kawasaki W800.

I always loved the look of the W800 but if they are selling remaining stock here in Thailand how about spare parts 5 years down the road.

Okay the W800 will likely, if taken good care go on forever but still.

A Triumph dealer in Pattaya in 1-2 years sounds good and one of the few bike dealerships missing.

1 hour ago, Big Guns said:

If you check the websites below you'll find they're both 395,000 THB

http://www.kawasaki.co.th/motorcycle/w800#

http://www.triumphmotorcycles.co.th/bikes/classics

You pay your money and make your choice.

If you actually click on the colour button, you'll find the black one is 395,000 and the blue one is 376,000.

1 hour ago, bramds said:

If you actually click on the colour button, you'll find the black one is 395,000 and the blue one is 376,000.

Interesting point, if you then look at the specification of the two bikes you'll find that the 19,000 THB saving for a blue W800 versus the ABS, traction control, LED lights etc of the Triumph is not really a saving at all. The W800 is a lovely retro bike and if Kawasaki had released it here a couple of years ago it would have been great value in Thailand. Unfortunately it's now well beaten on specification and real world value by the Street Twin. But again you pay your money and make your choice.

6 minutes ago, GARYZX6R said:

You need to check again guns the blue model is 20,000 cheaper .

Do the maths please, its 19,000  THB which I stated. Check the specs as I stated in the post just before yours. if you think it's a good deal Gaz buy one. Like I said you pay your money and make your choice.

The more I look at the murdered one, I really like it. Its a bit retro style but with newer technology making it fun. I would buy a Kawi over a Triumph any day just out of sheer reliability reasons and ease of parts if anything would every go bad. Its a bit pricey but its definitely one that I can plunk the wife on the back and we can go for a turn and burn around the North. I already have an R3 which is a solo rider. Hmmmm. Going to have to go see if I can see one in person. 

2 hours ago, Denim said:

395,000 baht !! .....................only !

Stone me ...................could get a very nice second hand car for that.

(  that is like two motorcycles welded together for stability and with air con )

Well I know some here in Thailand that owns +1.5 mill baht bikes.

Has it occurred to you that some loves motorbike riding/bikes and a car is just a necessity because of family commitments, ect? 

1 hour ago, guzzi850m2 said:

Well I know some here in Thailand that owns +1.5 mill baht bikes.

Has it occurred to you that some loves motorbike riding/bikes and a car is just a necessity because of family commitments, ect? 

Yes it has. I have a big bike license ( both British and Thai ) which I have had some 30 years now but unless you have only recently arrived in Thailand and are still comparing everything with what it costs at home , then 395,000 is still a hell of a lot to pay for a retro bike when a quick look through Thai.scooter.com would find you a lot better big bike for a lot less money.

A lot of people cannot stand the concept of buying second hand. Newbies come to Thailand every year and want everything they had at home. They rush out and buy a big bike on the strength of their current situation. A few years down the line they have had enough and want to leave, selling their big bike for what they can get. Currently, Thai politics being what they are , there are a lot of people having to sell their big bike for a lot less than they had hoped.

Of course, if you are wealthy and don't mind taking a big hit on your investment....no worries. But the way it actually is here now, if you invest in a brand new big bike then want to sell it a couple of years later.....then unless you have several friends willing to pay your price...you will lose money.

Cars are different. Even an old nail will attract a lot of buyers. That's s just the way it is. I enjoyed motorcycling here some 30 years ago. Not so much traffic and not so hot. Eventually I gave it up because I was not enjoying as I had in England. Inferior roads and not half as scenic. One day after a particularly long ride from Nong Khai to Ubon I just decided I was fooling myself. Gave it up and switched to a sports car. Never regretted the decision.

Still have a modest scoot back in the UK but thinking of selling it as a classic as not worth the upkeep.