Pink ID Card

CNXBKKMAN

I don't have a pink ID card but am considering getting one. Last week i was at the train station at 06:00 buying a ticket to Kuntan . To buy the 7 baht ticket you needed a passport which I didn't have with me. The ticket seller just needed a passport number to input so it didn't ruin my day. A few days later I was at the post office sending some xmas cards again passport needed to do that and I had to nip back home and get it. It does seem like a load of <deleted> needing a passport to post a letter or travel 30km on a local train but there's nothing I can do about that.

The question to pink ID card holders is,  is it good enough for the post office and does it work at the train station ticket counter? 

Has anyone used a photocopy of the main passport page at the train station or post office?

5 minutes ago, CNXBKKMAN said:

No just a fleet of bicycles!

Will a Thai drivers license work in the PO or train station?

Your passport number is used on a Thai driver's licence. Also all your details required for hotels, bus companies, train ticket counters, etc are there.

You could take a picture of the details page of your passport if you habitually carry a smartphone with you.

6 minutes ago, CNXBKKMAN said:

Will a Thai drivers license work in the PO or train station?

Yes always did for me & more

Because your passport # is on your Thai drivers license

Everyone has always accepted it in lieu of a passport

Post office, bus hotels etc

Archived