NGV bus supplier says it abides by laws

rooster59

NGV bus supplier says it abides by laws

93_NGV.jpg

Bestlin Group says all the buses it is supplying to Bangkok Mass Transit Authority (BMTA) are procured through legal channels and has abided by Thai laws.

Its assurance came after the Customs Department put on hold the release of part of the bus fleet from Laem Chabang sea port after suspicion arisen over its paid import duties.

At yesterday’s press conference, the group’s chairman Kanit Sriwachiraprapha insisted that all the 489 NGV buses it imported from Malaysia to BMTA was legally processed and the company has abided by all the laws.

He said all purchase documents it handed over to the Customs Departmen were authentic and were not forged.

Bestlin Group could not have forged the documents as they were issued to his company by the Ministry of International Trade and Industry of Malaysia.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/ngv-bus-supplier-says-it-abides-by-laws/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-12-11

So where is the member here who made derogatory comments, a few days ago when the delivery was announced, after I reminded everyone about the fire fighting truck debarkel of a few years ago. To him I say, NO, all is not well here in Thailand as you would have tried to have us believe.

How difficult is it for the Thai authorities to establish whether Sunlong has a Malaysian assembly plant that actually builds these buses.

Surely this is not yet a job for the DSI (Department of Special Investigation) to take on? A phone call from Thai to Malaysia ought to clarify who did what and where? There must be a factory or plant that can be checked.

1 hour ago, ratcatcher said:

How difficult is it for the Thai authorities to establish whether Sunlong has a Malaysian assembly plant that actually builds these buses.

Surely this is not yet a job for the DSI (Department of Special Investigation) to take on? A phone call from Thai to Malaysia ought to clarify who did what and where? There must be a factory or plant that can be checked.

Why you talk too much? Farang no good.

"He said all purchase documents it handed over to the Customs Departmen were authentic and were not forged. "

Unfortunately the purchase documents are not the question - it is in presenting of falsified customs declarations [knowingly or otherwise]. Next step will be to blame the agent, the inexperienced one - but they have more small print than an airline ticket, so the ball is still in Bestin's court.

9 hours ago, bdenner said:

So where is the member here who made derogatory comments, a few days ago when the delivery was announced, after I reminded everyone about the fire fighting truck debarkel of a few years ago. To him I say, NO, all is not well here in Thailand as you would have tried to have us believe.

Here I am.  That was probably me that you're referring to after you made some comment about corrupt dealing that hasn't been proved still.  

The fire truck debarkel [sic] that you were citing as an example of everything that is wrong with this country was proven to be a corrupt Austrian company working with a couple of corrupt BMA officials who both received long prison sentences.  Steyr, the company in question, also had to pay the BMA millions of dollars in compensation.

So, to you I say, wait for the outcome of this case before you condemn this country yet again.  You may, after you've possibly had to eat your words, have to condemn a different country, say, Malaysia perhaps, or even no one if it turns out that there was no deliberate attempt to defraud Thailand.

Edited by gdgbb

4 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

I was working in Laem Chabang When the zero dollar tours were beginning there were dozens of these Sun Long busses arriving at Laem Chabang wonder if the correct taxes were paid on these?

A post containing a link to Bangkok Post has been removed as well as the replies:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

Looks like Bestlin Group will be suing Customs and BMTA.

Wanna bet ?

Looks like the importer is at fault. They could start a legal case against customs but no reason to do so against the BMTA as they did nothing wrong.

I want to bet its the importer not customs that is at fault.

7 minutes ago, robblok said:

Wanna bet ?

Looks like the importer is at fault. They could start a legal case against customs but no reason to do so against the BMTA as they did nothing wrong.

I want to bet its the importer not customs that is at fault.

The importer and/or Malaysian assembly company may be at fault as deserving of a suit.

But that won't stop BMTA from cancelling the order and Customs charging Thai demurrage costs and tariffs. Bestlin will have to sue Customs and BMTA if only as a delaying tactic to preserve its immediate financial integrity and better strategize its legal position.

4 hours ago, gdgbb said:

So, to you I say, wait for the outcome of this case before you condemn this country yet again.  You may, after you've possibly had to eat your words, have to condemn a different country, say, Malaysia perhaps, or even no one if it turns out that there was no deliberate attempt to defraud Thailand.

But why are the fireengines still unused on a field for 8 years or so? They were bought to save lives...and the strangest thing is that NOBODY cares for the trucks. Let them rot away.

1 hour ago, Srikcir said:

The importer and/or Malaysian assembly company may be at fault as deserving of a suit.

But that won't stop BMTA from cancelling the order and Customs charging Thai demurrage costs and tariffs. Bestlin will have to sue Customs and BMTA if only as a delaying tactic to preserve its immediate financial integrity and better strategize its legal position.

I don't see the reason why they would sue the BMTA because they are independent from customs. The importer is the one who is at fault for non delivery and BMTA can cancel it and keep the deposit as agreed upon in the contract.

As for just suing to stall.. yes I can see that happening.. but he has no real leg to stand on because he is the one at fault. IF he can show the busses were indeed made in Malaysia then he has all the rights to sue customs (just not BMTA).

IF Bestin bought from a Malaysian company on assurance the busses were made there then he could sue them. 

19 hours ago, fruitman said:

But why are the fireengines rtill unused on a field for 8 years or so? They were bought to save lives...and the strangest thing is that NOBODY cares for the trucks. Let them rot away.

Probably because no one wants to take on the renovation expense that is necessary if they were to be used.

Sue him or her doesn't solve the problem which is BKK needs buses ASAP.

What a joke it is, BKK can't even buy buses 55555...and they have a budget of like 13 billion baht right?

Now it will even get harder to buy good buses, all decent companies will think twice before doing business with the BMTA.