Registration Of Farang In The Tabien Baan

I (German citizen) live and work (as a manager for a foreign company) since years in Thailand, hold a Non-Immigrant B visa (1 year validity with unrestricted entries) and a work permit. Everything purely legal.

Last year I married my longtime companion (Thai citizen) in Germany. After returning home to Thailand my wife reported and registered our marriage at the registry office in BKK.

Now I would like to have my name added in my wife’s tabien baan to avoid to need a residence registration document for every sh… (vehicle license, driving license and and and) from immigration office?

Is this possible? If yes, does anybody incidentally know the legal regulation (code of law / paragraph)?

At our amphoe we were told: “No way!” Does anybody know better?

Thanks a lot for every input,

rebo

I am pretty sure you can not (nothing in Thailand is 100%). I bought a condo unit but can not have a talbien baan! However, in order for me to cable TV, phone hook up, ect.. I must have a talbien baan, so what they do is give out a yellow one

to foreigners; blue is for Thai people. I'm not even sure the yellow one means anything. I don't really give a sh$t as long as the title deed is in my name and I can watch TV.

I had thought that my wife had me in her house book,which is blue, But she told me no,only Thai in that book and I have a yellow one and as has been stated,that is the one for farang, So looks like you should go to amphur and get one.

When we went to get mine,we had to have the head man of the village go also, to swear that I do live in the village I guess.

Thanks for your comments, mbkudu and Kevin. So I'll try to get a yellow one. As already mentioned I don't really need it, but it would save a lot of time (and some 100 THB, too) if I wouldn't need to ask for a resident registration several times a year.

Rgds

rebo

I don't have permanent residency status but I do own a condo so they had to give me one (yellow). I'm sure they didn't like doing it but they had to. I think in Rebo's case you are right; he will have to have residency unless he owns something.

Thailand is an interesting place. You can read something on a forum like this from a person claims it is absolute truth and then someone else will say no. It can depend on who you know and how much money you have if you need something.

I know a Taiwanese business man who has lived in Thailand for about four years and he showed me his Thai passport; he also naturally has a Taiwanese passport.

I couldn't believe my eyes at the time, but he is just rich and that is that.