Foreign resident flees after explosion burns down house

webfact

Foreign resident flees after explosion burns down house

By Digital Admin -

Foreign-Resident-Flees-After-Explosion-B

PATTAYA: -- At 6pm, on the evening of December 10, Banglamung Fire Department received reports of an explosion and house fire at M10 Suksabai, Banglamung, Pattaya.

The single story detached house was ablaze as three fire appliances tackled the flames, taking thirty-minutes to bring the situation under control.

By then the center of the building had been completely destroyed.

The house owner, sixty-year-old South African Robin Harris, told investigators he was taking a shower when he heard a loud explosion and ran out of the bathroom to be faced with a fire taking hold in the main living area.

He said he ran from the house and called the emergency services.

An investigation is underway but fire-officers believe an electrical short-circuit could have caused the incident.

Report by Pattaya One News Team

Source: http://pattayaone.news/en/foreign-resident-flees-explosion-burns-house/

pattaya-one_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya One 2016-12-12

He was using the shower... :shock1:

My first thoughts, an electrical shower uses a lot of juice and could probably be the cause of the fire, even though it burnt down his house it must have been his lucky day as it could easily have electrocuted him too.

Just recently, I had a couple of Thai manufactured LED light bulbs blow up.  One blew up with me in the room and it was quite a pop (Edit:  I could have characterized it as an explosion), with a good sized welding flash and the plastic cap bouncing around the room.  The second one happened while I was out of town.  Both of them tripped the circuit breaker, with the first one also tripping the incoming breaker.  Both of the bulbs were identical and neither was over a couple of months old.  Had they been in a lamp close to some flammables, I have no doubt the place would have gone up.

These are the new(er) style LED replacements for a standard screw-in light bulb.  I'd mention the manufacturer if I didn't care about being sued...  I plan on sending them back to the manufacturer for their lab when I get some spare time and excess energy.

Edited by impulse

Don´t trust it just because it stands LED. It´s different quality from country to country. Same like safety regulations.

I import LED when it was all new, and you would be amazed about the differens.

Edited by Get Real

15 hours ago, Get Real said:

Don´t trust it just because it stands LED. It´s different quality from country to country. Same like safety regulations.

I import LED when it was all new, and you would be amazed about the differens.

I got into auto LED's when I upgraded the truck. I bought most from Europe and the US as the stuff on the local market is usually crap Chinese stuff. There's a few good YouTube videos showing you quality versus cheap.