quick question about getting a marriage visa

:smile:

I've read about all that my eyeballs care to read about getting a marriage visa at the Savannakhet consulate. Great. I'll go there because I don't have 400K baht. But one thing I am not sure about is getting a Non-O visa based on marriage from a simple Non-O (based on nothing in particular!). I'll go to Georgetown consulate tomorrow and get a simple Non-O visa, double entry, if I can.

90 days later, I'll want to have the marriage visa. Will I need to convert from a simple Non-O to a Non-O based on marriage? Or will I get a visa extension?

Thanks

:smile:

You  can apply for a single or multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage. There are no 2 entry non-o visas issued.

A single entry visa would allow one 90 day entry that can be extended for one year at immigration if you can meet the financial requirements of 400k baht or an  income of 40k baht.

A multiple entry non-o visa will allow will allow unlimited 90 days entries for one year from the date it is  issued. You must leave the country every 90 days for a new entry.

Penang requires proof of 400k baht or proof of income to issue a multiple entry visa or 200k baht to issue a single entry non-o visa.

Savannakhet get will issue a single entry non-o visa or a multiple with no financial proof required.

It sounds like you want a 1 year extension of stay based in marrigae (not a visa) to live in Thailand.

You should get a Single Entry Non Immigrant 'O' Visa from a embassy/consulate that will give you permission to stay for 90 days. Then during the last 30 (maybe 45) days you can apply for the extension of stay at your local immigration office as long as you can meet the financial requirements.

If you don't have 400K in the bank, or an income of at least 40K pm, you will not get an extension of stay and should apply for a 1 year Multiple Entry Non-Immigrant 'O' Visa which is only available from Savannakhet, Loas. Living here using this visa will mean you'll need to exit/re-enter every 90 days.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Penang requires proof of 400k baht or proof of income to issue a multiple entry visa or 200k baht to issue a single entry non-o visa.

Does it have to be in Thai account as with the extension of stay, Ubon, or can the equivalent be in a bank elsewhere?