Renting a taxi for a full day - how and how much?

Andreas84

I need to rent a Taxi from 9am-7pm Thursday this week. I will arrive Bkk late the night before. What is the best way to book a taxi for the full day and how may I book it in advance? How much does it cost? I imagine something around 2 000 baht?

We will drive from near the victory monument to Saraburi (about 2 hours drive), then the driver will wait for us there until we leave around 1630, then go to Don Mueang airport. We will be 2 or 3 paseengers in the car.

All Thai Taxi promises to go anywhere in Thailand.  Very comfortable Toyota Prius cars.  Clean and well maintained.  Always careful, polite drivers -- but don't expect fluent English. They take advance bookings and will wait for you (with meter running, of course).  For advance booking, must call by phone and speak with customer agent.  Some agents speak acceptable English.  Cannot use mobile phone app for advance bookings. 

I just booked a similar trip yesterday: Extra charge for advance booking by phone: 100 baht.  Waiting time: 2 baht/minute. 

allthaitaxi.com/website/en/home/

Grab Taxi or Uber are fine, and I use them a lot, too, but with the lower-cost vehicles (eg. Uber-X) never know what kind of car will arrive: Will it be roomy and comfortable, or small and not so comfortable for a long trip?  For your full-day trip, All Thai Taxi is the best choice.

Edited by RLAretired

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2016 at 7:51 AM, RLAretired said:

All Thai Taxi promises to go anywhere in Thailand.  Very comfortable Toyota Prius cars.  Clean and well maintained.  Always careful, polite drivers -- but don't expect fluent English. They take advance bookings and will wait for you (with meter running, of course).  For advance booking, must call by phone and speak with customer agent.  Some agents speak acceptable English.  Cannot use mobile phone app for advance bookings. 

I just booked a similar trip yesterday: Extra charge for advance booking by phone: 100 baht.  Waiting time: 2 baht/minute. 

allthaitaxi.com/website/en/home/

How does All Thai Taxi handle the billing/rates for trips outside of Bangkok?  I believe they do a meter rate inside town, but a lot of taxis seem to have flat rates for trips to other cities outbound.

I'm not sure how that would work if someone is expecting the taxi to wait there at the destination point for some hours before returning back to BKK as part of a roundtrip fare.

Nams taxi service is good. She is located in the pattaya area but also does bangkok servicves and beyond. You can hire them for the day in bangkok or elsewhere. Female owned and operated all her drivers are female. Heard nothing but good reviews. go to services and there is a section about hire for the day and contact info
http://www.namstaxipattaya.com/

i used to pay a taxi guy 2,000 to help me run some errands and such.  i'd usually leave around 10am and come back about 3pm.  this was all within greater bkk (i did get out close to dmk a few times, as far out as i got).

once i had to do a bkk/rayong roundtrip.  i paid a guy 5,000.  he took me there and came to get me a few days later.  so he got 2500 for each day of work.