How to contact Trip Advisor?

phuketjock

This may sound like an obvious question but have you tried finding an E-mail address for Trip Advisor?

I have and have not been successful so far.

Any help from any source greatly appreciated.

Brief explanation of the problem, recently took over new business ( the wife did ) and it is listed on Trip

Advisor. We/she have been trying to claim ownership of said business but to do so verification is required

which involves TA calling the business to verify her/my presence, just before we took over phone went

out and after long and numerous attempts at repair new phone provider required therefore new phone

number. the source of the problem new number not possible to verify.

I have tried and tried to update the phone number but no success.

I am not sure if this is in the correct forum but could not see one corresponding to my plight, pls move

if wished.  

Have you tried the free number?

Even if they can't directly help they might provide an email address or other point of contact:

Monday-Friday
9:30 AM – 5:00 PM EST
0800-098-8460 (UK Toll-Free)
+44 (0) 203 318 5019(Calling from outside UK)

Edited by onthesoi

6 hours ago, Shot said:

12 hours ago, onthesoi said:

Have you tried the free number?

Even if they can't directly help they might provide an email address or other point of contact:

Monday-Friday
9:30 AM – 5:00 PM EST
0800-098-8460 (UK Toll-Free)
+44 (0) 203 318 5019(Calling from outside UK)

Thanks onthesoi, the free no. is only if you are calling in the UK.

Having read Shot's link appears TA don't do direct contact except with owners,

but here's the rub you have to verify you ownership, how? with your phone no.

hence this OP.........................................:w00t:

Thanks Shot I will have a look at your link.

Update just had a quick read through and it doesn't look promising right now

but thanks again for the link.

2 hours ago, d123 said:

At the very bottom of the TripAdvisor web page theres a 'button' named 'Help Centre'. Maybe they can give you an address?

Merry Xmas

Thanks d123 yes I have tried that, same scenario, verification required to get anything done as an owner and yes

you have guessed phone number required, another dead end.

It is very difficult to contact TA.  I have had a few places added that weren't listed with them.  Never heard from them, but later on saw they were added.

P.M. with your details if you want and I'll try to help.  I'm relatively active with TA.

Up date for you.

Since I started this thread TA has closed our listing on there webpage effectively shutting

down all our reviews, which were very good, and shutting off any chance of further reviews

or any chance of business being generated via TAs website.  

I finally, out of desperation ended up calling TA on a US number I found on their help

page and spoke to someone who informed me, after some discussion that i would need

to open a website and facebook page for the business before they will re-open my 

business listing on TAs website, so i am now in the process of doing this at not little

expense. 

I am having difficulty in understanding why TA would effectively shut someones

business down just because their phone number changed, something that is not

controllable by the business owner. Then they have accepted some of the suggested

changes i made but for some reason not the phone number change?????

Which incidentally Google accepted with no problems. 

I am hoping the process of website and facebook page is completed tomorrow or

the following day and that this will encourage TA to re-open our listing, if not I could be 

enlisting your offered help craig3365.

BTW the guy that I spoke with on the phone was a Greek guy in Bulgaria????

:crazy:

Edited by phuketjock

Why are you complaining about trip advisor removing the reviews, when they weren't even your reviews in the first place. You clearly said your wife took over the business.

I am dealing with another huge and very famous web site and I can tell you that the info they are requesting is just a minimal verification on their part. You are quite lucky they gave you a chance and didn't shut you down.

1 hour ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Why are you complaining about trip advisor removing the reviews, when they weren't even your reviews in the first place. You clearly said your wife took over the business.

I am dealing with another huge and very famous web site and I can tell you that the info they are requesting is just a minimal verification on their part. You are quite lucky they gave you a chance and didn't shut you down.

Perhaps you should return to the other forum or get your facts right if you cannot offer anything constructive, the

latest and very good reviews are since my wife took over.

Maybe if you took the time to read the thread thoroughly you would see that they did shut her down and all because

of a change in the business's phone number, this is about much more than reviews. If you cannot take the time to read

the thread properly please keep your unhelpful comments to yourself. 

Just because you are" dealing with another huge and very famous web site " doesn't mean you know what you are

talking about or give you license to berate someone who is asking for help not criticism.

I find your comments and attitude deplorable. 

good day Sir......................

On 15/12/2016 at 11:58 AM, phuketjock said:

Thanks onthesoi, the free no. is only if you are calling in the UK.

Having read Shot's link appears TA don't do direct contact except with owners,

but here's the rub you have to verify you ownership, how? with your phone no.

hence this OP.........................................:w00t:

Thanks Shot I will have a look at your link.

Update just had a quick read through and it doesn't look promising right now

but thanks again for the link.

How can you verify your ownership if you done what many Farlang businesses do and that is put the business under the name of a Thai. Are you registered as an official owner or director of that business? Are you registered with the tax office for income tax purposes?

If this is all on the up and up and proper, then you shouldn`t have any problems.

Perhaps you should return to the other forum or get your facts right if you cannot offer anything constructive, the
latest and very good reviews are since my wife took over.
Maybe if you took the time to read the thread thoroughly you would see that they did shut her down and all because
of a change in the business's phone number, this is about much more than reviews. If you cannot take the time to read
the thread properly please keep your unhelpful comments to yourself. 
Just because you are" dealing with another huge and very famous web site " doesn't mean you know what you are
talking about or give you license to berate someone who is asking for help not criticism.
I find your comments and attitude deplorable. 
good day Sir......................

Sorry my comment wasn't something you wanted to read.

Verification is a normal procedure of any half serious web company and yes it's a difficult process on purpose, otherwise you would have scammers popping out everywhere.

Have someone do a review of your place. Or just do it yourself. If you kept the same name that would be easy. If you changed it, explain that in the review. Put all the new information in the review. Explain that your business is under new ownership.   It will all eventually get back to Tripadvisor. In the meantime, all your new information will be on the Tripadvisor website listing for your business.   I have done numerous reviews on Tripadvisor. Sometimes I will receive an email from Tripadvisor for a follow up for my review. 

8 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

How can you verify your ownership if you done what many Farlang businesses do and that is put the business under the name of a Thai. Are you registered as an official owner or director of that business? Are you registered with the tax office for income tax purposes?

If this is all on the up and up and proper, then you shouldn`t have any problems.

The procedure for verification has nothing to do with who owns the business but depends, in

this case, solely on the phone number of the business concerned, at least for TA. I am trying 

to claim the business on TA on behalf of my wife, i have no income from the business and my 

wife is well aware of the tax laws of her home country. 

I find it quite sad how ill informed some people are but feel the need to comment on a situation

that they really know little or nothing about.

The company was previously owned by a Thai BTW.

1 hour ago, kowpot said:

Have someone do a review of your place. Or just do it yourself. If you kept the same name that would be easy. If you changed it, explain that in the review. Put all the new information in the review. Explain that your business is under new ownership.   It will all eventually get back to Tripadvisor. In the meantime, all your new information will be on the Tripadvisor website listing for your business.   I have done numerous reviews on Tripadvisor. Sometimes I will receive an email from Tripadvisor for a follow up for my review. 

Thanks kowpot, at last someone with constructive advice to give.

We now have a web site and facebook page up and running so i am

currently heading towards your suggestion, the new web site fb page

explains the new ownership and the slight name change etc., so hopefully

our problem will be resolved soon. Thanks again for your help.

Just received an e-mail from Google accepting my edit adding our new

website. so things going in the right direction.

Edited by phuketjock
update

On 12/18/2016 at 9:48 AM, phuketjock said:

Thanks kowpot, at last someone with constructive advice to give.

We now have a web site and facebook page up and running so i am

currently heading towards your suggestion, the new web site fb page

explains the new ownership and the slight name change etc., so hopefully

our problem will be resolved soon. Thanks again for your help.

Just received an e-mail from Google accepting my edit adding our new

website. so things going in the right direction.

Udate

After one more call to TA i have been assured that our listing will be re-opened in

the next 24 to 48 hours, probably the later as over the weekend, will let you know

how it ends, well I hope?

Received an e-mail from TA customer support that they considered my request

resolved, i hope they are right.                      :clap2:   :thumbsup:     :wai:

It is probably a good thing that Trip Advisor are so strict. I find their website very helpful.

A few years ago I booked and paid for a hotel in Udon on Agoda, and the place didn't even exist. When I told Agoda they contacted the "hotel" who simply changed their address to another part of town.

Final update,

Happy ending ( no not that kind ) listing back up and all reviews returned so everything

ok now.

To onthesoi, Shot, d123, jas21, Graig, and kowpot many thanks for taking the time to

offer your help and assistance it is/was greatly appreciated. The order you posted in.

To the others who posted can you please read the thread thoroughly and think very carefully

whether you actually have the where with all to make the judgement and comments that you

feel compelled to make???

If you cannot help please keep quiet.

To sipi It doesn't feel like a good thing when you are on the receiving end and have done nothing

wrong................but i do appreciate the sentiment of your post.

Forgot to add it is not a hotel or resort for those who made the assumption. 

for anyone interested the number I called to reach TA it was +18663225942. I used the Thai 006

prefix for the first call but it would not work for second call so I used 005 with no problem.

Thanks again.      :thumbsup:

Edited by phuketjock
additional info.