Gold mine ban 'not final'

webfact

Gold mine ban ‘not final’
By PRATCH RUJIVANAROM 
THE NATION

a94804e96ec5552fa5c22d54500a6f92.jpeg

Experts believe junta order allows room for amendment later; Akara Resources says 1,000 workers will lose jobs.

PHICHIT: -- ENVIRONMENTAL EXPERTS believe that the junta’s order on Tuesday to suspend gold mining operations is not final and there is room to reverse the decision or amend the order, even as Akara Resources pledged to comply with the diktat and stop mining operations.

About 1,000 workers at the Chatree gold mine in Phichit province will likely to lose their jobs due to the order, according to a source at the company.

The order issued under Article 44 on Tuesday by the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) called for the cessation of all gold mining operations with effect from January 1. The NCPO ordered relevant state agencies not to issue or renew gold mine exploration or mining concessions or metallurgy permits, because of conflicts over gold-mining operations in the country. 

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30302127

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2016-12-15

So the decision they made to close all mines on 1st January using Article 44 was not a complete decision after all. Possibly this means the decision to create  a National Mining Commission remains undecided. It seems now that orders under Article 44 have selective flexibility and can permit reversal of certain decisions which might impact the wealth of the wealthy.

Edited by Brer Fox

close all goldmines, goldmines reopen, ban all goldmines once and for all, goldmine ban not final...

arrest Dhammachayo, no have a meeting first, where is the warrant?, hold off, search and arrest him now, not ready yet...

democratic elections last year, this year, next year, for sure maybe not who knows...

no human trafficking in Thailand, ok just a little bit and without officials involved, we are downgraded oh no, the traffickers use Thailand as transit, we are upgraded oh yeah...

4 minutes ago, klauskunkel said:

close all goldmines, goldmines reopen, ban all goldmines once and for all, goldmine ban not final...

arrest Dhammachayo, no have a meeting first, where is the warrant?, hold off, search and arrest him now, not ready yet...

democratic elections last year, this year, next year, for sure maybe not who knows...

no human trafficking in Thailand, ok just a little bit and without officials involved, we are downgraded oh no, the traffickers use Thailand as transit, we are upgraded oh yeah...

This is the most accurate and true post I have read on Thai Visa this year..

Outstanding post...That summarizes Thai news perfectly..

17 minutes ago, klauskunkel said:

:clap2::clap2:

10 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

This is the most accurate and true post I have read on Thai Visa this year..

Outstanding post...That summarizes Thai news perfectly..

I have to agree. This post using confusing language is frightingly accurate of the real situation. Hats off to klauskunkel!

In the mine is still gold for the next 20-30 years.
There are two general strategies.
1. Mine decommissioning announcement, then buy cheaply at the stock exchange the sharesthen permission to restart.
Bingo.
2. Mine decommissioning announcement, 
take over the mine with an own mailbox company, then permission to restart.
Bingo.

Akara had been planning to invest a further $US1 billion ($1.34 billion) to continue mining on adjacent leases for another 20 to 30 years, raising several billion dollars in revenue, company executives said.
In order to get such investment sums, it needs operating guarantees.
Kingsgate now plans to open a mine in Chile.

What is interesting is that the company received a low-ball bid at 4.2 cents per share from a Thai petroleum millionaire in September. Chatchai Yenbamroong’s Northern Gulf Petroleum is offering just $9.4 million for just over 50% of the company, but it seems clear that his eyes are on resuming gold mining at Chatree.

Mr Yenbamroong has told The Australian, “They’ve got no solution to the challenges in Thailand. They’re trying but it’s got to do with strategy, access to decision makers, key people, and you have to know the environment you’re in.

He added that if his bid was successful, his urgent priority would be lobbying the Thai government to renew the mining licence.

The reputation of Thailand as an investment location is in the drain (and some people become richer).