A Wireless Distribution System (WDS)

MikeandDow

anybody set up a wds        I have a ZTE GPON    model zxhnf660 fiber modem router as the Main access point want to connect wireless to a TP-link TD-W8961ND   

ZTE is set up as main IP address 192.168.1.11 subnet 255.255.255.0  gateway 192.168.1.1  is secured with password  Have done the following to the tp-link  changed its ip address to 192.168.1.54  DHCP  off subnet same gateway same password same  set to bridge mode  never set the vpi or vcl the same as the ZTX  I thought this might work but all I get when connected to the TP-Link via Ethernet is   Ethernet does not have a ip address    any ideas

I have done that but my router was a TP Link, the 8968 model. When I asked about distribution they said I should use a TL-WA801ND which is an access point. That was easy to set up and works quite well.

The model you have is very old, but in a new case. I was given one by TP Link as a replacement for my old TOT router and when I tried it out the software was just the same as the TOT. You may be struggling with outdated software.

Archived