Old man who "didn't want to be a burden" on his kids crawls to his death

webfact

11 hours ago, CelticBhoy said:

Why on earth are people allowed to photograph this?

Poor old guy takes his life and folk are taking snaps!

RIP old fella.

Got to have your selfies, life will end without them.

5 hours ago, just bob said:

RIP

I don't think most people appreciate the courage it takes to end your life.  Sad that there is not a cleaner less painful medical option.

well there is, but applying it can be very problematic especially if paralysed or no access to someone willing to assist.

3 hours ago, chainarong said:

It is instances like this that I wonder why this and successive governments haven't done more for welfare towards the elderly , and don't tell me there is no money available , just cut your extravagance in the defence area would cover the basics then axe a few over bloated institutions would do the trick......................................:coffee1:

Come come now, are you forgetting where you are?

"The body was released for cremation as relatives agreed there was no suspicious circumstances."

I'm not saying that he wasn't courageous in taking his own life to relieve the burden on his family, if he did,  but how in the world can the authorities release the body on the say so of the relatives without and investigation? I remember the movie "Throw Mama from the train", how could the authorities not investigate that this wasn't a remake "Throw Pa into the pond"?

11 hours ago, balo said:

This is very tragic and RIP .  But what is going on here?   The ifeople in the background look like tourists taking pictures of a dead body .  What kind of people would do that ? And then upload to facebook ???    

p4a.jpg

I can think only that It's an appallingly low level of maturity taking pics, even moreso If uploaded to social media.

Disgusting behaviour.

LOS  is also LOP  or Land  of Picture takers...  A sad ending for this old fellow.

In the Arctic, some of the elders, used to go out into the country side and

freeze to death,  for  the same reason, not to be a burden.  Being  in bad health does

not make anything easier.  RIP.

5 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

I doubt his kids would have considered him a "burden".

But apparently, the 50B a month "social security" didn't provide him very much (social security). ?

The "Sukhumvit Slider" made quite a good living .......

15 hours ago, puipuitom said:

Happy I live in Netherlands, a country where euthanisia is regulated by law.

A person, in his full mind, may as a doctor to finish his/her live in case of unending pain and suffering.

They allow this, by law, to get rid of old people in the Netherlands.

A greying society, the Netherlands.

The first step to forced suicide, by Big Brother, at say 80 years of age with a provided, by Government, suicide pil.

Reeks to the novel 1984, read it.

On 12/16/2016 at 3:03 AM, colinneil said:

Yes he was a courageous old man.

Your comment about never being bedridden and need total care are a bit off.

How can you say that? You never know what might happen to you.

I was coming home on my motorbike 5.00 pm hit by a pickup, in a coma  then unable to lift my hands to eat or anything for over 6 months.So my point is you cannot say no way will i ever need total care.

I gave up riding a motorbike when I was 17yrs old as I could see the stupidity of it. No need to risk my precious life needlessly. No skin off my nose if you feel ok with someone wiping your backside for you. FYI I can say with certainty I do not want total care. 

7 hours ago, kannot said:

"The body was released for cremation as relatives agreed there was no suspicious circumstances. "

isnt  that  the  coroners  job?

Coroner, yes in the western world - but remember where you are . If in fact Thailand has a coroner it would be a busy person investigating and certifying all unusual deaths in Thailand. 

On so many threads here posters seem to grab the wrong end of the stick when discussing 'Thainess' and face.  This guy has amassed huge merit and demonstrated great face even when virtually crushed and helpless against crushing odds in life. An admirable man, boundless love and courage for the sake of his family.  Race? a pissy, pointless thing when measuring what's important in humanity.