Retirement extension- 1 month early... surprised

I got a brand new non-O visa on Oct. 14, 2016.

I did the retirement extension one month early as I am going to leave the country for a while. 

My next extension was dated 3 months from the day I extended, and since I went in one month early, that seems to mean that I lost one month in the process.

I thought this was NOT meant to be the case.

???

Does this now mean that my visa is only good for 11 months, or?

I asked the lady once I looked, and she said that is the case with the first extension of a visa.

???

yes -- the first extension is dated from the date your application is accepted.  Subsequently you can apply to renew the extension 30 days before it expires and not lose any days.  I seem to remember some immigration offices allowing renewals up to 45 days early without penalty -  but you'd need to check with your Immigration Office.

5 minutes ago, charliebadenhop said:

My next extension was dated 3 months from the day I extended, and since I went in one month early, that seems to mean that I lost one month in the process.

I am a little confused by what you wrote. There are no 3 month extensions.

You extension should of started from the date the 90 day entry ends you got from the non-o visa.

Double check the dates.

5 minutes ago, jpinx said:

yes -- the first extension is dated from the date your application is accepted.  Subsequently you can apply to renew the extension 30 days before it expires and not lose any days.  I seem to remember some immigration offices allowing renewals up to 45 days early without penalty -  but you'd need to check with your Immigration Office.

Not correct. The extension should start from the end of the 90 day entry from the visa.

Believe you are talking about 90 day address report - first extension is first report so next report would be due in 90 days - but as you are travelling it will actually be 90 days from your return assuming you remember to obtain a re-entry permit.  

One piece of wrong info- I entered the country on Oct. 17 and not Oct. 14.

Strangely enough, to me, the visa stamp says extensions permitted up until Jan. 14, 2018 

So I went in on Dec. 14, 2016 (exactly one month early) to extend my visa for "retirement" and needed all the bank docs. etc., and my extension now needs to be renewed by March 13 2017.

To me, that means I lose a month. No?

What am I not understanding?

2 minutes ago, charliebadenhop said:

One piece of wrong info- I entered the country on Oct. 17 and not Oct. 14.

Strangely enough, to me, the visa stamp says extensions permitted up until Jan. 14, 2018 

So I went in on Dec. 14, 2016 (exactly one month early) to extend my visa for "retirement" and needed all the bank docs. etc., and my extension now needs to be renewed by March 13 2017.

To me, that means I lose a month. No?

What am I not understanding?

January 14th would be 90 days from October 17th.

Your extension is valid until January 14 of  2018 which is one year from the end of the 90 day entry from the visa.

You seem to be calling your 90 day reporting an extension which it is not. The first 90 day report is due 90 days from the date you applied for your first extension.

If you leave the country prior to March 13th you will not need to do a 90 day report.

Ok, so I was mistakenly calling my reporting an "extension" which it is not.

First piece of learning. Thanks.

So my visa is good until Jan. 18, 2018 which is one year from the 90 day entry from the visa.

I also did not know this, so thanks again.

If I leave the country in a week and come back on say Jan. 4th, then my next 90 day reporting will be 3 months after returning? OR, 3 months after leaving?

1 minute ago, charliebadenhop said:

If I leave the country in a week and come back on say Jan. 4th, then my next 90 day reporting will be 3 months after returning? OR, 3 months after leaving?

Your 90 day report will be due 90 days from the date you enter the country including that date in the count.

Be sure your get a re-entry permit before leaving or you will loose your extension when you enter the country.