Nothing found in suspect luggage left close to old Phuket bus terminal

webfact

Nothing found in suspect luggage left close to old Phuket bus terminal

Eakkapop Thongtub

1481856483_1-org.jpg

Once opened, it was found that the suspect luggage was just an empty suitcase. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- An Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) team were called in to examine a piece of suspect luggage left close to the old Phuket bus terminal yesterday evening (Dec 15) only to discover it was just an empty suitcase.

At 6:30pm yesterday, Lt Aphichart Musiksand of the Phuket City Police and Kosoldharm rescue workers were forced to close off an area close to the old bus terminal off Phang Nga Rd in Phuket Town after staff from a nearby hotel reported that a piece of suspect luggage had been left next to an electricity pylon.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/nothing-found-in-suspect-luggage-left-close-to-old-phuket-bus-terminal-60257.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2016-12-16

2 hours ago, bangon04 said:

Wow - news

Yes, I had the same thoughts. It's really only news if they find an explosive device. They must search many items in this way without it making the front page. 

Why is an abandoned suitcase considered to be so sinister?  I could understand if left in an airport, but elsewhere bombs could be in any sort of container.  I recall some of the devices found in Phuket in the last attacks were in plastic bags, none were reported to be in a suitcase.