Messy Pattaya workers sent back to Thepprasit to clean up

Rimmer

Messy Pattaya workers sent back to Thepprasit to clean up

Road workers were dispatched to clean up the mess they left behind after replacing water pipes under Thepprasit Road, following complaints from neighbors.

PATTAYA:-- Road workers were dispatched to clean up the mess they left behind after replacing water pipes under Thepprasit Road, following complaints from neighbors.

Complaints flooded the city call center after workers carelessly left concrete blocks, bricks and other scrap on the busy roadway, especially near Thepprasit Soi 6/1.

Read more: http://www.pattayamail.com/news/messy-pattaya-workers-sent-back-thepprasit-clean-158328

PATTAYA MAIL 2016-12-16

The surprising thing here is that anyone really noticed, given the general irresponsibility of local workers - how long did it take to sort out that mess right on the corner of Khao Talo? Months.Yet that ultra-busy corner is still a shambles.

18 hours ago, Dexlowe said:

The surprising thing here is that anyone really noticed, given the general irresponsibility of local workers - how long did it take to sort out that mess right on the corner of Khao Talo? Months.Yet that ultra-busy corner is still a shambles.

How about because it takes a long time to point the finger at who' s most responsible there because of another brick in the wall?

3 minutes ago, silent said:

How about because it takes a long time to point the finger at who' s most responsible there because of another brick in the wall?

... except that nobody points the finger at anyone else under Thai cultural norms -- krieng jai and all that damaging rubbish.

8 minutes ago, silent said:

You're just insensitive of Thai culture and rubbish. That's all

Maybe ... But I've lived with it for 30 years, and when I think what might have been !!! Many of my Thai colleagues think the same ... in fact they have shaped many of my opinions over the years.

On Maptato Road (Dark side east of Wat Suttawat) a water pipe bursted a week ago. My wife and I called the Waterworks more than ten times. I am pleased to confirm, that absof"*ç%"*çnglutely NOTHING happened. 1337 referred us to the same "authorities of inefficiency" by putting us on eternal hold 

Just now, Dexlowe said:

Maybe ... But I've lived with it for 30 years, and when I think what might have been !!! Many of my Thai colleagues think the same ... in fact they have shaped many of my opinions over the years.

And you think my comments have been that serious? No wonder you're having a problem with rubbish..  

2 minutes ago, silent said:

And you think my comments have been that serious? No wonder you're having a problem with rubbish..  

No ... just chatting generally. I imagine that if I had been living back in my hometown for the past 30 years, I would have lots to gripe about - all of it parochial and of absolutely no bloody interest to anyone else. But I'd probably be just as happy as I am now, moaning away. :) 

11 minutes ago, Dexlowe said:

No ... just chatting generally. I imagine that if I had been living back in my hometown for the past 30 years, I would have lots to gripe about - all of it parochial and of absolutely no bloody interest to anyone else. But I'd probably be just as happy as I am now, moaning away. :) 

Good match. You catch my name?

Riding my scooter down Chaiyaprek 2 and stopping at the lights at the highway, I had to look around for the street lights.

I know they are there somewhere, but I just couldn't see them....

So I stared at where I thought they where and then I caught a glimpse of them through a jungle of wires....

I guess they must have put in more cables and the weight is dragging them down enough to obscure the traffic lights....

Unless people are told what to do, some cant think through the next steps of a job.. such as cleaning up etc...

Edited by thhMan

And what about the prom in Jomtien, where great big holes ( for what?) filled daily with rubbish, were left for a year, plus bricks and sand etc! By the way, is the prom now finished and the holes filled in ? Really dangerous after dusk.The whole place is a filthy mess, everywhere !

Back home, there'd be an all out war if the ditch-digging union people didn't call in the clean-up union people and did the cleanup themselves.  

They'd also have the traffic flag union to answer to because I didn't see anyone with a traffic flag in the OP photos.

Edited by impulse