Obama "vows retaliation" against Russia

rooster59

4 minutes ago, Usernames said:

The messenger was wikileaks. The people who did wrong were Hillary and Podesta.

Even if that was true, how is lambasting Obama (acting as a messenger with regard to possible Russian intervention) any different?

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obama, the Democrats, and the CIA have chosen to make this a partisan issue, saying the Russians interfered on behalf of Trump. Okay, a serious allegation. Next congress, ALL the data, ALL the intelligence, and ALL the CIA officials, analysts, and agents should be brought before a PUBLIC committee and cross examined. 

3 hours ago, Linzz said:

Well everyone doesn't know that but everyone assumes that. Yes that's what I assumed too before I looked it up in Wikipedia which says: "The president is elected directly through a popular vote to a six-year term. The law prohibits anyone from ever being elected to the presidency for a third consecutive term."  Is this not what you guys are now calling for? Election by popular vote? Certainly not there for life.

Putin already bypassed this obstacle once by switching places with Medvedev.

6 minutes ago, Usernames said:

Obama, the Democrats, and the CIA have chosen to make this a partisan issue, saying the Russians interfered on behalf of Trump. Okay, a serious allegation. Next congress, ALL the data, ALL the intelligence, and ALL the CIA officials, analysts, and agents should be brought before a PUBLIC committee and cross examined. 

Are there many instances of US national security involving complete disclosure to the public, including allegedly involved parties? If real, then the Russian intervention is both a national and a partisan issue. Far as I know, Trump is not supportive of any investigation on this matter, public or otherwise.

2 hours ago, SidJames said:

Putin has be quaking in his boots after such tough words from the man who can't even protect his own citizens from being killed by his police force.

All this from a country that I'm sure doesn't hack into it's own  & it's security forces have never ever hacked into any other countries business.

Such empty shallow words that should be pulled up by the west's sycophantic Obama-loving press.

Trump's been right about the press who are like spolt brats who throw their toy's out of the pram when they get things wrong as we've seen with the UK press in recent months as well.

One thing in Barack's favour imo is that at least he's not a war criminal unlike his predecessor who should be up on charges in the Hague with his poodle Tony B liar.

All just my opinion of course & not meant to offend.

Trump's been right about the press who are like spolt brats who throw their toy's out of the pram when they get things wrong

Bearing in mind that you are referring to a president-elect busying himself with social media flame wars over comedy shows, restaurant reviews and other assorted petty personal issues.

1 hour ago, Strange said:

Id say we are well on our way with that with Obama and previous DNC bullshiznizzle. 

I don't want it at all, and thank god we got Trump rather than HRC & Co. Otherwise we would likely be well on our way. 

And still, you haven't got a clear answer - better ignore it? Better not look into it? Is it another one of your imaginary lists of "nothing", then?

18 minutes ago, Usernames said:

The NY Times got hold of Trump's tax records that were illegally obtained, and nobody bothered about the question of right to privacy and secrecy. But Hillary and Podesta leave their own data out in the open almost and everybody wants to start world war III with the Russians. Again, I haven't heard anyone refute wikileaks' content regarding Clinton and the DNC. Just like the Pentagon Papers, the info is out there and it doesn't matter how it was acquired. If it's the truth, the public has a right to know.

The NY Times editor said he was OK with being prosecuted, but wanted the info to be made public.  Maybe Putin can do the same?  Fess up they did the hack and admit guilt.  :smile:

Just so people understand the facts here.  No hacking was done.  And it's even clear if publishing his tax records was illegal.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/10/02/the-new-york-times-risked-legal-trouble-to-publish-donald-trumps-tax-return/?utm_term=.33a4a041ef70

http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/trump-claims-the-new-york-times-illegally-published-his-taxes-we-investigate-if-thats-true/

Trump Claims The New York Times ‘Illegally’ Published His Taxes. It’s Not Quite That Clear.

Actually, it does matter how it's acquired.  Especially if done illegally. If so, the law should be applied fairly.  Amazing so many here are ignoring this hack was illegal.  And seem to be OK with it. 

18 minutes ago, Usernames said:

Don't leave out the Republicans:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2016/12/08/republicans-ready-to-launch-wide-ranging-probe-of-russia-despite-trumps-stance/?utm_term=.461989e958b5&wpisrc=nl_rainbow&wpmm=1

Republicans ready to launch wide-ranging probe of Russia, despite Trump’s stance

1 minute ago, Morch said:

And still, you haven't got a clear answer - better ignore it? Better not look into it? Is it another one of your imaginary lists of "nothing", then?

You're switched on enough to see what I'm replying to . 

Whats the question that you desire an answer to? 

1 hour ago, lannarebirth said:

I agree with you but I'm flummoxed how any of it is part of the "election process". That process deals with the casting and counting of votes on election day. Illegal sure. Stop it and punish it, but they should cut out all this "electoral process" nonsense. Either a group is private acting in its own behalf or it is subject to US Election Law. If they were merely exercising the prerogatives of a private organization and not bound by law, it can hardly be considered a usurption of the electoral process. Illegal yes. Constitutional crisis, no.

Would it be a constitutional crisis if the president was to suppress an investigation into such alleged intervention, which possibly worked out to his benefit?

21 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Russia doesn't have real elections. It's Putin's dictatorship and he will be their "great" leader for life. 

There is no hope for Russian dissidents until he's no more.

Americans don't want the same deal but trump is a big step in that direction. Not necessarily about trump himself but the possibly permanent damage he is about to do to liberal American democracy, and Putin helped him get there!

Are you repeating lies now? I already had this discussion with you that the Russian Presidential elections is by popular vote every 6 years and Putin can have maximum of 3 terms. That is not their "great" leader for life or do you wish to  ignore that and carry on with your demonization. Whether you think Putin is dictatorial or not  it is not for life. If you want to debate this then please put up your argument with references

Putin knows that Trump won't do anything for obvious reasons.   Putin is playing you boys and you can hear the laughter coming from the Kremlin.  Obama may not have time to trigger any retaliation but at least he has made his position clear.  Trump on the other hand.........

2 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Putin knows that Trump won't do anything for obvious reasons.   Putin is playing you boys and you can hear the laughter coming from the Kremlin.  Obama may not have time to trigger any retaliation but at least he has made his position clear.  Trump on the other hand.........

Putin has no restrictions.  They've got no freedom of the press.  Speak out against Putin, and you're gone.  Obama/Trump have their hands partially tied behind their backs.  They are limited in what they can do.  Which is a good thing.

These conversations would not be allowed in Russia.

Lots of words here but nothing stating just what Russia has "supposedly" done? until hard facts are given I reserve the right to judge, how will we get to see any facts about this? Not in the USA mainstream media thats a fact, what a deplorable bunch they have proven themselves to be & off course they are the ones driving this agenda - sore losers?

Edited by CGW

5 minutes ago, CGW said:

Lots of words here but nothing stating just what Russia has "supposedly" done? until hard facts are given I reserve the right to judge, how will we get to see any facts about this? Not in the USA mainstream media thats a fact, what a deplorable bunch they have proven themselves to be & off course they are the ones driving this agenda - sore loses?

Sorry facts cannot be given under the guise of "Top Security" It would be nice to see pistols at 20 paces or something concrete. Like here all will disappear. 

7 minutes ago, CGW said:

Lots of words here but nothing stating just what Russia has "supposedly" done? until hard facts are given I reserve the right to judge, how will we get to see any facts about this? Not in the USA mainstream media thats a fact, what a deplorable bunch they have proven themselves to be & off course they are the ones driving this agenda - sore loses?

Plenty of articles saying what Russia has "supposedly" done.  USA mainstream media driving this agenda?  Really? LOL  You give them way to much credit.

6 minutes ago, CGW said:

Claims to reserving judgment, preempts any possible evidence is even presented.

:coffee1:

Just now, khunken said:

Usual finger pointing and propaganda being substituted for facts again.

All the king's (president's) horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty (Clinton) together again.

What facts are you missing?  What's propaganda?

1 minute ago, CGW said:

Those articles - which I haven't seen? most likely because they are in the MSM owned "gutter" press!

Well it is in all the UK papers and news channels although surprisingly the gutter press has more important things to report on like "Miley Cyrus's sex change" rumours.

Just now, craigt3365 said:

What facts are you missing?  What's propaganda?

Dumb remark

No facts to prove or disprove whether Russia hacked anything and that finger pointing exacerbated by including Putin in the claim. You know damn well what propaganda is as you continuously use it to defend the US and criticise Russia.

1 minute ago, khunken said:

Dumb remark

No facts to prove or disprove whether Russia hacked anything and that finger pointing exacerbated by including Putin in the claim. You know damn well what propaganda is as you continuously use it to defend the US and criticise Russia.

Too many agencies and private security organizations have said otherwise.  Individuals with way more info available to them than you or I.  Like it or not, those in the know are saying it was Russia.  No finger pointing. 

Russia did the hacking.  No credible evidence to prove otherwise.

http://www.factcheck.org/2016/12/trump-russia-u-s-election/

All 16 government intelligence agencies and at least three private security firms have independently investigated the security breaches and concluded that the Russian government — in the words of the U.S. Intelligence Community — “directed” the hacking “to interfere with the US election process.”

6 minutes ago, CGW said:

^Well if its in the BBC (British Brainwashing Corp!) it would have to be true wouldn't it! :sleepy:

Did Miley really have a sex change?

Read the post again. I didn't mention the BBC, I said all the news channels and serious newspapers.

As for Miley Cyrus, well I will let you decide, after all you can obviously smell bullsh*t when it's there 

17 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Too many agencies and private security organizations have said otherwise.  Individuals with way more info available to them than you or I.  Like it or not, those in the know are saying it was Russia.  No finger pointing. 

Russia did the hacking.  No credible evidence to prove otherwise.

http://www.factcheck.org/2016/12/trump-russia-u-s-election/

No credible evidence to prove Russia, ISIS, China or Mongolia did it either. Those in the 'know' lie, cheat and.... finger point. The link is only repeating the unproven opinions.

BTW I'm not saying the Russia didn't do it - just waiting for some facts (like we get from Wikileaks) that might contain proof.

Edited by khunken