Seafood restaurants in disputed Hua Hin beach area being dismantled

rooster59

I remember hearing around 15 years ago that the seafood restaurants had to go and the Soi Bintabaht beer bars had to relocate to Soi 80 because they shouldn't be in front of the temple.  The seafood restaurants serve a demand and obviously make huge profits.  However, it is difficult to argue that haven't illegally encroached on a public beach.  If they survive this military government, which looks unlikely, they will survive for a long time, as politicians can be bought off much more easily.

I have had the pleasure  of visiting Hua Hin  about 10 or 12  times,  I have  already seen

a bit  of cleaning  up  the  coastline  from illegal  businesses.  It  would  not  break my  heart

to see a few more  large  and  legal  hotels  and places  right  along  the beach.

Geezer

15 minutes ago, bark said:

If it was built illegally, Then it should be removed. If not, the Government opens it self up to many law suits; because they will not have followed the same rules for everyone.

Exactly.  The law needs to be applied equally.  Not just to those with power and/or money.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2017 at 2:13 PM, PETERTHEEATER said:

Of course

Of course not......all rhetoric....

well seems i was a little early unfortunately for those living on that strip.. all the posters have now changed (to almost begging to be saved) as apparently 45 day demolition notices were handed out a week or so back :( 

source: wife translated the story from channel 3 news

Archived