Berlin: Police detain suspect after several killed in deadly Christmas market truck crash

webfact

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Thorgal said:

The serie of terrorist attacks that you've mentioned were perpetrated by radical Islamists who killed other Muslims too...

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

And that is considered collateral damage.   You put a nice spin on it.   You minimize it when it is an act that was likely committed by a Muslim, but you zero in with laser precision if it is a Jew, Christian or some other aspect of Western Culture.   

This is a very sad and tragic event and there is no justification.   Germany has opened its doors for hundreds of thousands in serious need of sanctuary.   Although a misguided policy, it does not deserve to be repaid in this fashion and neither do the thousands of true, political refugees.   

9 hours ago, dunroaming said:

A terrible tragedy for Germany. Thankfully the suspect has been captured without the opportunity to die and be martyred.  Another death nail for Merkel as well and also a real tragedy for the thousands of genuine asylum seekers that will now be turned on by the mob.

It makes it impossible not to view so many of the refugees from Pakistan, Afghanistan and Syria as potentially a threat and they are bound to be blamed by association.

turned on by the mob  ?

it doesn't matter what mob you are affiliated too, the problem is that these people identify themselves towards a certain "mob"" as you call them, the division is clear and in this case is religion

In Rowanda  it was the size of your nose - in the 1900's and before in USA ( and still to an extent today)  it was the colour of your skin, in Nazi Germany it was the extermination of a whole race of jews ................... go figure

can we all live together in peace ................................I doubt it, unfortunately we are the most destructive murderous unintelligent creatures to have walked on this beautiful planet ...... nature will have its way

Religious superstitions have been ruining the world for thousands of years. Islamic superstitious idiocy is succeeding in seeing the ruination through. Can anyone honestly say that Islamic violence, ignorance and downright asinine stupidity hasn't changed the contemporary world irreparably?

Christianity is bad enough in the USA...keeping the nation stupid and determined to further dumb it down. It's embarrassing to be an American these days, due to the ignorant and unforgivable over-religiosity that still unacceptably permeates the country. 

Religion/Superstition = ignorance, violence, misogyny, bigotry, regressive policies, takes away individual liberties, hinders/halts modern medicine and technologies while denying science and promoting STUPIDITY...and Islam is #1 in all of the above. :post-4641-1156693976:

11 hours ago, dunroaming said:

A terrible tragedy for Germany. Thankfully the suspect has been captured without the opportunity to die and be martyred.  Another death nail for Merkel as well and also a real tragedy for the thousands of genuine asylum seekers that will now be turned on by the mob.

It makes it impossible not to view so many of the refugees from Pakistan, Afghanistan and Syria as potentially a threat and they are bound to be blamed by association.

Why wouldn't they be blamed by association? Though innocent themselves, they will brainwash their children to the beliefs that spawn terrorism, creating a new pool of terrorism candidates.

Statement from Trump on the event, and I feel I have to agree with him.

Trump.JPG.4a788ed34f39f854dd11e850b84e7c6b.JPG

Scary words coming from somebody who's about to become the most powerful person on the planet.

It's almost a war cry, essentially giving ISIS exactly what they want as they know it will cause more moderate Muslims to join in.

I have no idea what the answer is, but I don't believe that it's an all out war between Muslims & everybody else (again, which is exactly what ISIS want & are fighting for).

1 hour ago, JB300 said:

Scary words coming from somebody who's about to become the most powerful person on the planet.

It's almost a war cry, essentially giving ISIS exactly what they want as they know it will cause more moderate Muslims to join in.

I have no idea what the answer is, but I don't believe that it's an all out war between Muslims & everybody else (again, which is exactly what ISIS want & are fighting for).

He should have just called them deplorables.

16 minutes ago, i claudius said:

It turns out that the Pakistani guy that they caught was an illegal immigrant ,but not the terrorist ,he is still on the loose and armed , but what gets me is , as an illegal immigrant ,why was he released and not sent home? as far as i can tell there are no wars in Pakistan , so he is an economic migrant .

The initial Pakistani suspect is not an illegal immigrant, but an asylum seeker, who is going through the asylum process. Should he be refused asylum and subsequently not return to Pakistan only then does he become an illegal immigrant. 

Since you don't know the personal background of this person, you shouldn't speculate on his reasons for leaving his country. 

In Thailand alone there are thousands of Christian Pakistani refugees waiting on resettlement by UNHCR in a third country. They fled the country to escape blasphemy charges. 

Edited by Gulfsailor

4 hours ago, JB300 said:

Let me tell you what the answer is:   Stop funding ISIS thru libya,Iraq and Turkey which ends up with the so called 'moderate 

rebels' fighting the US/UN proxy war against Assad...Moderate rebels they call them!Will someone point out to me what a 

moderate rebel looks like!!

These so called moderate rebels are nothing more than Jihadists,fighting for ISIS to help overthrow Assad and create

the ' Muslim State' these crazed nutters so desperately want

Edited by Nasrullah

13 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Religious superstitions have been ruining the world for thousands of years. Islamic superstitious idiocy is succeeding in seeing the ruination through. Can anyone honestly say that Islamic violence, ignorance and downright asinine stupidity hasn't changed the contemporary world irreparably?

Christianity is bad enough in the USA...keeping the nation stupid and determined to further dumb it down. It's embarrassing to be an American these days, due to the ignorant and unforgivable over-religiosity that still unacceptably permeates the country. 

Religion/Superstition = ignorance, violence, misogyny, bigotry, regressive policies, takes away individual liberties, hinders/halts modern medicine and technologies while denying science and promoting STUPIDITY...and Islam is #1 in all of the above. :post-4641-1156693976:

I'm surprised you even bother to say it. You can't argue religion out of people - it only dins it deeper in.

Fact is, religion only ruins things for the intellectuals that don't believe it, and they (including you and me) have always been in the minority. The doltish masses need their religion. Until they can get their morality from intellect rather than from scripture - which won't be any time soon - I'm pretty sure the carnage will be much greater without it.

Anyway, I suspect religion is not the primary cause of all the terrorism. When people have all they need and life is comfortable, they will live harmoniously. It's when they don't have what they need, when they are competing en masse for the resources of survival, that they start causing havoc. This has more to do with economics.

20 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

6 hours ago, ddavidovsky said:

I'm surprised you even bother to say it. You can't argue religion out of people - it only dins it deeper in.

Fact is, religion only ruins things for the intellectuals that don't believe it, and they (including you and me) have always been in the minority. The doltish masses need their religion. Until they can get their morality from intellect rather than from scripture - which won't be any time soon - I'm pretty sure the carnage will be much greater without it.

Anyway, I suspect religion is not the primary cause of all the terrorism. When people have all they need and life is comfortable, they will live harmoniously. It's when they don't have what they need, when they are competing en masse for the resources of survival, that they start causing havoc. This has more to do with economics.

Almost totally on board with your first paragraph, but couldn't possibly disagree more with your second. Oh well...:sad:

6 hours ago, ddavidovsky said:

Fact is, religion only ruins things for the intellectuals that don't believe it, and they (including you and me) have always been in the minority. The doltish masses need their religion.

I am not religious, but do not trust so called "intellectuals" much more than the masses. They have plenty of dolts too.

The facts are if Europe, America , Russia and China had not meddled in the middle East for the past 70 years it would be stable. There would not be a great outflow of refugees to the West.The seeds were sown and now we are reaping the harvest. 

38 minutes ago, Kiwiken said:

The facts are if Europe, America , Russia and China had not meddled in the middle East for the past 70 years it would be stable. There would not be a great outflow of refugees to the West.The seeds were sown and now we are reaping the harvest. 

One can only assume you are jesting.   The ME wasn't stable 70 years ago, or 700 years ago.