Russia’s ambassador to Turkey assassinated, gunman ‘neutralised’

webfact

13 minutes ago, Nemesis7 said:

so sad, unbelievable. No way Turkish government can escape its involvement, how can a duty cover police agent carries out such an act? Who detailed him at the first place? What sort of security do they provide to such VIP diplomats, especially on such a crucial time?

Not sure about involvement, but negligence perhaps.

One suspects the next one will have a slightly larger Russian detail with more authority over security at events like this.

Russia does not seem to be blaming Turkey for this attack. In fact it seems to be saying that it is an attempt to destabilise Russia/Turkey relations.

Russian investigators have been sent to help their Turkish counterparts, who have given assurances of a comprehensive investigation, and that those responsible would be punished.

Mr Putin has ordered extra security measures for Russian embassies around the world, a Kremlin spokesman told news agency Tass.

Edited by Chicog

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Congratulations. You get the 'Wag the Dog Award' I hope you like it on your mantelpiece.

In case you weren’t clear on Russia Today’s relationship to Moscow, Putin clears it up

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2013/06/13/in-case-you-werent-clear-on-russia-todays-relationship-to-moscow-putin-clears-it-up/

RT (TV network)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RT_(TV_network)

7 minutes ago, Morch said:

It's a government mouthpiece like VOA, definitely nothing like CNN.

Because people usually act in a calm and reasonable manner in such situations? He was probably half in shock himself.

Was reported in 'perhaps' one of the most 'reputable' and 'credible' sources that the 22-year old attacker joined the Turkish police forces in 2014. Especially Fox for you.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/12/19/russian-ambassador-to-turkey-shot-in-ankara.html

He promoted apparently rather quickly in a 'Jason Bourne' fashion to the special forces.

Your assumptions are once again based on 'usually' and 'probably'.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

36 minutes ago, Chicog said:

It's a government mouthpiece like VOA, definitely nothing like CNN.

22 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

That's so funny. I agree with you. Classic sarcasm. Respect.

Or even Fox. Or even the BBC.

All this still doesn't make RT any more credible.

:coffee1:

19 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

Was reported in 'perhaps' one of the most 'reputable' and 'credible' sources that the 22-year old attacker joined the Turkish police forces in 2014. Especially Fox for you.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/12/19/russian-ambassador-to-turkey-shot-in-ankara.html

He promoted apparently rather quickly in a 'Jason Bourne' fashion to the special forces.

Your assumptions are once again based on 'usually' and 'probably'.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Fox news "especially for me"? Someone is not paying attention. And "He promoted apparently rather quickly in a 'Jason Bourne' fashion to the special forces." - does not actually appear in the link provided.

On the contrary, trying to make less assumption without details, unlike the resident conspiracy theorists and CSI experts.

9 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Guaranteed.  Sorry you can't see that.

I guess you haven't been so good at actually demonstrating it. Anybody who says otherwise gets immediately censored. You claim it can be easily demonstrated yet are afraid to engage in any sort of open dialogue about it. It makes it very hard to understand the position of anybody who defends the MSM.

4 minutes ago, Nilats said:

I guess you haven't been so good at actually demonstrating it. Anybody who says otherwise gets immediately censored. You claim it can be easily demonstrated yet are afraid to engage in any sort of open dialogue about it. It makes it very hard to understand the position of anybody who defends the MSM.

Censored because it's normally off topic and considered trolling. LOL  Open up a topic in the Farang Pub about MSM.  Discussions can occur there.

22 hours ago, Morch said:

I think the "brothers" thing wasn't literal, more like sharing the same faith, ideology etc. Doesn't even mean Turkish.

So no, it's not "like". And the US did not talk about "attacking" Russia. And Russia did not hack and release information because of its concern with transparency in US politics. Russia had information and chose to use it. This is pretty much what you claim the US aims to do "in the future".

Can you please provide evidence that indicates that Russia had information and chose to use it? Hard evidence not just an opinion article

Thanks in advance

5 minutes ago, deathmule said:

Can you please provide evidence that indicates that Russia had information and chose to use it? Hard evidence not just an opinion article

Thanks in advance

This topic is not about the Russian hacking and alleged intervention relating to the US elections. There were plenty of posts and links on this, which convey the assessment of the US intelligence community. You are welcome to explore then. These were not, by the way, "just opinion articles" but statements from said organizations - even if detailed evidence was not released to the general public. If you think that the hacking was a privately initiated operation, and the timing of the information released was coincidental, that's your choice.

The post was made in response to a poster making similar, if not even more-overreaching claims with regard to US operations. Somehow not too bothered with "hard evidence" there, eh?

It doesn't have a whole lot to do with the assassination of the Russian ambassador in Turkey.

Interesting article.  Russia's had a long history of problems like this:

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/12/21/middleeast/syria-russia-chechen-war/index.html

The Moscow Nord Ost theatre siege of 2002, the horrific Beslan school massacre of 2004, the countless suicide bombings at rock concerts or metro stations -- all sought partial justification for their violence in the carnage of the Russian war in Chechnya, and the continuing bloody repression of the republic.

The Russian actions in Aleppo -- replete with accusations of carpet bombings, and the use of cluster munitions -- mirror the effect of its previous wars elsewhere, again returning it to the place of the jihadist's favored target. If we recall, Osama Bin Laden went to Afghanistan to fight the Soviet presence there, and so began al Qaeda.

On 12/20/2016 at 2:03 PM, craigt3365 said:

You have a very narrow view of what's going on in Syria.  False flag operation?  Really? LOL  I thought it was a CIA op. LOL

Worth a read:

http://www.lrb.co.uk/v36/n07/peter-neumann/suspects-into-collaborators

If most Syrian's wanted to keep Assad, there'd be no civil war.  Terrorists, probably, but no rebels against Assad.

Yes. If my memory serves me - not so much any more :-( Assad reneged on promise after promise for reforms. Syrians "dared" to protest and Assad sent his henchmen. That was the start.