Two dead as 15 year old students stabbed in rival school fight

webfact

Though this kind of stuff seems to happen all over the world, there is something about the competing school thing that really sets off some of these Thai punks. They need to be educated in ways they are just not receiving. Killing another kid, because he goes to a different (competing?) school? Now, that brings murder to an entirely new degree of pettiness. 

My guess, is that alot of it has to do with an extreme lack of parenting. This generation has forgotten how to raise kids, for the most part. They are being coddled (especially the boys, who need to be told that your sister is way, way better than you on every level imaginable, unless, and until you prove your worth to society, on a regular basis), spoiled, and allowed to roam free like wild animals. Little restriction or little instruction is given to them. And the educational system is so broken and inferior, they have little in the way of positive reinforcement. They have so little guidance these days, except from video games, and extremely violent, horrendously low quality television and movies that they are constantly exposed to. So, the parents are largely to blame.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, halloween said:

If you knew that a public knife ban can work, and does work in Oz, why bother with the puerile post about cutting vegetables at home?

BTW time required about 10 seconds.

For your information, that is called sarcastic humor. At the same time trying to make the point that the law you are talking about just doesn´t work.
BTW time is valuble LOL

20 hours ago, Sooo Upto Me said:

Obviously u havnt lived here that long.

30 plus years not long enough? I base my statement based on facts from a relative who works at a vocational school that has frequent problems with violence and school rivalries.

21 hours ago, skorp13 said:

This happens all over the world in gang fights and drive by shootings especially in the U.S. These kids too much testosterone too little brains

True, but evolution devised it that way. Human development apparently requires a small proportion of brutes, and brutes need practice.

I just avoid eye contact.

20 hours ago, mercman24 said:

from taxi drivers to school kids, it seems every member of the male species in Thailand is tooled up, be it with a gun.club.sword or knife. never seems to enter their pea sized  brains about the consequences

Yes and largely a result of protecting a self made image/perception e.g. face. Face revolves around insecurity/low self esteem issues etc. Or doesn't it?

ego.jpg

On 12/20/2016 at 1:24 PM, Misterwhisper said:

Thai males... immature, insecure and short-tempered children with violent tendencies at 8, at 15, at 30, at 45, at 60, and pretty much every age bracket in-between. Indeed, a majority of them never seem to grow beyond the unstable emotional state of an 8-year-old at all. Sadly, they're all products of their society.

Haja Wrong!! You should have grown up in public schools in america. Full of bullies and the worst ones usually get what they deserve.. A blade in the back.. 

23 hours ago, SKguy said:

Sad to say it sounds like this mindless type of behaviour is spreading here from the UK where this goes on every single day. Just spent several months back in England where the news includes daily reports of stabbings, especially involving youngsters.

wow thailand has always been more violent, do you think this is something new?

thailands murder and violent crime has declined alot.

UK population is one a par with thailand and thailand got way more murders and violent crime. 

6 hours ago, mike324 said:

30 plus years not long enough? I base my statement based on facts from a relative who works at a vocational school that has frequent problems with violence and school rivalries.

Exactly u not Hav 1st hand experience of the problems here. I do Hav some as I live here 9 yrs with Thai, Cambodia an Burmese in Maesot border. But I respect ur post. ?

14 hours ago, Sooo Upto Me said:

Exactly u not Hav 1st hand experience of the problems here. I do Hav some as I live here 9 yrs with Thai, Cambodia an Burmese in Maesot border. But I respect ur post. ?

And how would you know that I don't have experience with Thai schools? I run an apartment beside a college, so I do know my fair share of what goes on with students and schools.  You live in Maesot border, hmmm me don't think there is much school rivalry there, but correct me if I am wrong.

21 hours ago, selftaopath said:

Yes and largely a result of protecting a self made image/perception e.g. face. Face revolves around insecurity/low self esteem issues etc. Or doesn't it?

ego.jpg

Face is no doubt, the greatest form of weakness, a human can engage in. Many will say it is societal, cultural, etc. No matter. It is the absolute and complete lack of the ability to introspect, and look within for the source of any problem, shortcoming, conflict, or issue. It is the polar opposite of spirituality, and therefore an absolute scourge on Buddha, and all of the precepts he taught. By practicing face, you are denying your spiritual heritage.

Who cares what people think of you? For those of us with high self esteem, it just does not matter. Sure, close friends and family. But strangers on the street? Who gives a rat's butt about this? It means nothing what they think, nor what they say about you. Nothing, less than zero. They count for nothing. They are just people, and people you do not know, nor will ever see again. Face is rife with self doubt, and by subscribing to this weakness, and man or woman is made a far lesser person. 

As many of us know, a percentage of the Thai population lives within fairly small boxes, of social convention, traditions and expectations, especially on the part of the family. That is not a life that some of us choose. Those that are bold and courageous, will find a way to break past conventions, and live a fulfilling life, based on their own choices, independence, and esteem. 

On 12/20/2016 at 2:33 PM, skorp13 said:

This happens all over the world in gang fights and drive by shootings especially in the U.S. These kids too much testosterone too little brains

Yes. In the U.S. it's over drugs or money not from what school your from.

3 hours ago, mike324 said:

And how would you know that I don't have experience with Thai schools? I run an apartment beside a college, so I do know my fair share of what goes on with students and schools.  You live in Maesot border, hmmm me don't think there is much school rivalry there, but correct me if I am wrong.

Yes there is rivalry with schools mainly in the town centre  where Thai and  Burmese attend. But usually no trouble. I've see the odd after school fight as a restaurant I frequent is opposite, but nothing serious. I've only lived up here 8mths but b4 when I woz living Pattaya I did get to see quite a lot of school gangs chasing around on their honda waves running amok around East Pattaya. ?

Edited by Sooo Upto Me
Not finished

On 12/20/2016 at 11:34 AM, tracker1 said:

What kind of mindset these teenagers have imagine when they become adults (if they live that long )

Let them fight it out. Best to thin the herd while they're young, less work later.