Wife sentenced to death for murder of husband given bail

webfact

8 hours ago, Lex Talionis said:

Justice has been served. Her ex was a psycho lunatic.  Deserved what he got. 

Besides, take a look at her. She's  gorgeous.  She needs to be free, on the street, and available.  Anyone know where she practices? 

Would you have written the same  words if the woman would be fat, old and ugly?

Laws should be the same for all. Pretty, or ugly. 

• Like 1

On 12/20/2016 at 9:45 AM, Bluespunk said:

All the stories at the time mentioned domestic violence.

Did he not serve some time [very short of course] for it?

So what...that justifies murder? Turn it around...she abused him constantly, throwing objects, acting in a violent manner, one day pulls a knife...and he kills her. Is murder justified in that case?

It's fine to act as an advocate for those you perceive as oppressed...just don't play the hypocrite.

1 minute ago, mpyre said:

So what...that justifies murder? Turn it around...she abused him constantly, throwing objects, acting in a violent manner, one day pulls a knife...and he kills her. Is murder justified in that case?

It's fine to act as an advocate for those you perceive as oppressed...just don't play the hypocrite.

At what point have I justified murder?

Explain exactly where I am being hypocritical. 

A poster mentioned that they thought domestic violence was behind the murder but others said it wasn't a factor. 

All  I did was confirm domestic violence was mentioned a lot when the original story was covered. 

Now explain how that is justifying murder?

18 hours ago, boooker said:

First degree and second degree murder...here it would be second degree....this would not be death sentence but a long time prison...and yes lawyers could make use of presidental cases in the past ++++ and get her reduced time.

Second degree? Back to law school for you. She hired a hit man...can't get anymore premeditated than that.

On 20/12/2016 at 9:31 AM, BangkokHank said:

The Thai legal system wants to be seen as having meted out justice by sentencing her to death for a murder that she clearly arranged.  At the same time, they don't really want to execute her, perhaps because they sympathize with her due to her having been abused by her husband, or perhaps because she is somewhat attractive.  So this is a Thai-style face-saving way of avoiding executing her - by basically inviting her to run away.  And it doesn't hurt that they will also get to pocket a million baht when she absconds.  Everyone wins - well, except for the guy who was murdered.

Good thinking mate.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Heng said:

Both parties dirty in this case.   The husband (victim) was a well known wife beater.   For the wife, leaving wasn't good enough (since the husband came from a wealthy family).   She wanted him out and wanted his assets.   

Just for the record abuse victims often leave the abuser only to be hunted down found and convinced to go back. The abuser by that stage has total control over his victim. Hence the old sayings. She/He must be mad to go back to him/her. Untill you have been there or have witnessed first hand the utter and total control these beasts have over there pray. How can you possibly give an informed coment on why or how the victim finally snapped? . There thinking process is sewed beyond  others normal reasoning.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

Monk,steal's embezzles,and god knows what else,is promised no bail.

Woman,coldly puts a contract on her husband,contract is mercilessly carried out.She is sentenced to death,gets bail.What am i missing.She is a convicted murderess,and yet she is out walking the streets,how is this farcical situation allowed?

The old monk has already demonstrated that he will not co operate with the law.... protected by the masses.... by not sallying forth from his hidy hole, to answer the charges he is facing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mpyre said:

5 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

At what point have I justified murder?

Explain exactly where I am being hypocritical. 

A poster mentioned that they thought domestic violence was behind the murder but others said it wasn't a factor. 

All  I did was confirm domestic violence was mentioned a lot when the original story was covered. 

Now explain how that is justifying murder?

Tick, tick, tick, tick

17 hours ago, Lex Talionis said:

Justice has been served. Her ex was a psycho lunatic.  Deserved what he got. 

Besides, take a look at her. She's  gorgeous.  She needs to be free, on the street, and available.  Anyone know where she practices? 

From the stories we have read about him, he did seem to be a psycho. True, but nobody has the right to take the law into their own hands! 

Can you imagine a society where people go around killing one another just because we think the other person "deserved" it?!?! 

Look at the Philippines! Over 6,000 people shot dead in the space of 6 months because people thought that they deserved it...  

Edited by djayz
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, djayz said:

Can you imagine a society where people go around killing one another just because we think the other person "deserved" it?!?! 

It happens in PNG.... payback system.... and is excepted by all, including police.

the payback does not have to be against the origional perp.... it can be against a member of the family... a death for a death.

i was in the highlands, a few years ago, and saw this happen (or rather, the bodies afterward) on two separate occasions.

10 hours ago, lostinisaan said:

Would you have written the same  words if the woman would be fat, old and ugly?

Laws should be the same for all. Pretty, or ugly. 

No I would not. Beautiful women are a precious resource not to be wasted locked up or executed.

Besides,  she killed him to prevent her own murder by his bloody red hands. 

I'm still trying to find out how I can get a hold of her. 

1 hour ago, djayz said:

From the stories we have read about him, he did seem to be a psycho. True, but nobody has the right to take the law into their own hands! 

Look at the Philippines! Over 6,000 people shot dead in the space of 6 months because people thought that they deserved it...  

You make a good point but remember this is Thailand where most times the only way to get justice is to take the law your own hands.  That's just the way it is, Right or wrong by western standards.. 

What was she supposed to do? Wait until he showed up at her door with knife or gun?  She has little ones to consider as well.  Hell hath no fury .....

Edited by Lex Talionis
Typo

I read that the husband was a wife beater.And i know that women,in this country are treated as mere chattels.I also understand that she was a doctor.It therefore stands that the husband and wife must have been of a hi so level.No woman should be subjected to beatings.Was it not possible,considering her status,that she could have resolved this in another manner? like having someone speak to him regarding his behaviour?A woman can only stand so much physical abuse,and women will turn.Women can be quite vicious in this country,as we are all very much aware.Did she go down other avenues to solve this problem? Did she go to the police,and pay some money to a kindly officer,who could have shown the husband,the error of his ways.She must have been desperate to hire an assasin to rid herself of him.Was there any loss of face that caused the husband to administer beatings? Was there jealousy,of her status,as such, or alcohol problems.It must have taken her to the edge of reason to do what she did.On the other hand this could be absolute bullshit and she could have been a right C### who for some reason wanted her husband off the scene to continue another relationship,or just get his money. Had she killed him whilst he was carrying out one of these beatings,with a pair of scissors or maybe a knife ,then that is another matter.But she paid a man to kill her husband.The fact that she might be beautiful or sexy or hot,is neither here or there.She premeditated an assassination and paid another to carry it out.

As much as i feel for her,she is guilty of a crime that she planned.For that,there is no question innocence.Under any other law,she would be banged up in the slammer and on death row,for how long who knows,but a woman of her means would have the very best of lawyers.No one knows the mental state of this woman,she is a thinker and she's dangerous.Maybe the bail was given as a chance for her to escape.But we from the western world, laugh at this allowing a convicted murderess to be out and about.Its a farce,maybe there are hopes that the husbands family might do for her?Anyway,we will see what we will see.

• Like 1

On 21/12/2016 at 0:31 AM, BangkokHank said:

The Thai legal system wants to be seen as having meted out justice by sentencing her to death for a murder that she clearly arranged.  At the same time, they don't really want to execute her, perhaps because they sympathize with her due to her having been abused by her husband, or perhaps because she is somewhat attractive.  So this is a Thai-style face-saving way of avoiding executing her - by basically inviting her to run away.  And it doesn't hurt that they will also get to pocket a million baht when she absconds.  Everyone wins - well, except for the guy who was murdered.

Or perhaps in this case sympathy comes at a price, and bought herself some bail time, maybe with favours and money.  My guess is that the next update, that`s if we are ever updated on this story, will say that this woman has disappeared and no one knows where she`s gone.

Very easy for a Thai person in Thailand to obtain a change of identity, maybe a bit of plastic surgery, change of name and a new ID card if they have enough money and know the right people.

8 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Tick, tick, tick, tick

"All the stories at the time mentioned domestic violence.

Did he not serve some time [very short of course] for it?"

Your clearly imply there was justification in her act...a common tactic among feminist apologists throughout the world...please don't be disingenuous.

10 minutes ago, mpyre said:

"All the stories at the time mentioned domestic violence.

Did he not serve some time [very short of course] for it?"

Your clearly imply there was justification in her act...a common tactic among feminist apologists throughout the world...please don't be disingenuous.

Nope.

I was stating a fact.

While I do have sympathy with victims of domestic abuse and believe that a victim of domestic violence who kills their abuser in self defence during an attack is justified in their actions.

I would even sympathise with someone who kills after an attack when their abuser is vulnerable.

However they would still be guilty of murder and have to face at the least a trial.

Hiring a hitman to kill someone however is another matter.

I'm not sure the death penalty is a fair verdict but the manner of the killing and the planning behind it does warrant a custodial sentence.

Edited by Bluespunk

9 hours ago, Lex Talionis said:

No I would not. Beautiful women are a precious resource not to be wasted locked up or executed.

Besides,  she killed him to prevent her own murder by his bloody red hands. 

I'm still trying to find out how I can get a hold of her. 

Send 25 K to Bangkok bank account # 24563678 and you'll meet her right after the transaction.

On 21/12/2016 at 0:00 AM, doremifasol said:

He threaten to kill his wife, all her family, and even his own children .

He was described as an hallucinating and paranoid man.

Full story here

http://www.bangkokpost.com/print/376593/

Sounds like a classy guy. From the link you gave, even his own mother filed a complaint with the police for assaulting her:

"...Jakkrit Panichpatikum’s mother, Boonkid Panichpatikam, and wife, Nitiwadee Pucharoenyos, right, lodged a complaint in July with Social Development and Human Security Minister Paveena Hongsakula, accusing him of physically assaulting them..."

• Like 2