Car tax

MissIndy

Do I have to go to the Land Transportation Office to tax my car or is there somewhere else it can be done?

Reading through historical posts, it looks like there's a place in Soi 15 on Nimman where it can be done. Anyone know of it?

All info appreciated.

Thanks,

Trisha

Thanks both.

I have to almost pass the Land Transportation Office to get to Nong Hoi, but it sounds like it's worth it. I can't get there till after lunch tomorrow. Is it worth going then, or waiting till Friday morning?

Trisha

The Nong Hoi one is very quick and rarely any queues.... just go whenever convenient to you.

Further along from there is a testing station at the back of a petrol/service station. Not sure if you have to go there first. My better half had to take her car there first...just a brake test on a spinning roller machine.  Very simple and quick.

Then it was back to the place and pay the road tax. So simple.

And you need to take the compulsory insurance certificate (por ro bor) with you if you want it to be drive through..

Always quicker to get it from an agency before going, the agency inside the Nong Hoi office can be a 30 minute wait. I got my last from Bangkok Bank.

The Nong Hoi one is very quick and rarely any queues.... just go whenever convenient to you.

Further along from there is a testing station at the back of a petrol/service station. Not sure if you have to go there first. My better half had to take her car there first...just a brake test on a spinning roller machine.  Very simple and quick.

Then it was back to the place and pay the road tax. So simple.

Old cars must be tested first. Same place sells the compulsory insurance

Archived