Neglected Pattaya sewage treatment plant leaking, needs costly repairs

Rimmer

Neglected Pattaya sewage treatment plant leaking, needs costly repairs

Pattaya’s main sewage treatment needs more than 30 million baht in repairs, a disclosure made only after wastewater streamed out of the Soi Nongyai facility down to Wong Amat Beach.

PATTAYA:-- Pattaya’s main sewage treatment needs more than 30 million baht in repairs, a disclosure made only after wastewater streamed out of the Soi Nongyai facility down to Wong Amat Beach.

Pattaya officials admitted Dec. 15 that the 1.8-billion-baht plant has been processing only 20 percent of the 65,000 cu. meters of water it is supposed to be treating each day. The rest has simply been flowing out untreated and leaking from unmaintained pipes and storage tanks.

An inspection last week revealed substantial damage to the 10-year-old plant, which has been neglected since the 30-million-baht, three-year operating agreement with Wetgo International Co. expired.

Since then, city hall has hired a string of temporary private contractors who have been simply running the plant without doing any maintenance of the facilities.

Read more: http://www.pattayamail.com/news/neglected-pattaya-sewage-treatment-plant-leaking-needs-costly-repairs-159037

PATTAYA MAIL 2016-12-23

Pattaya officials admitted Dec. 15 that the 1.8-billion-baht plant has been processing only 20 percent of the 65,000 cu. meters of water it is supposed to be treating each day. The rest has simply been flowing out untreated and leaking from unmaintained pipes and storage tanks.

Nice....

Having designed several sewage treatment plants, for Thames Water in London and Camp Dresser and McKee in U.S.A., I think I know what a sewage treatment plant looks like, and searching the whole area I can see nothing that vaguely resembles one ! This could easily lead one to believe the whole thing is a very expensive scam. If anyone here has personal knowledge of the whereabouts of this 1.8 billion plant could you post the info here ? I would love to know where it is, if it actually exists. 

3 hours ago, Sphere said:

Same-same Pattaya beach.....just need some beach chairs around it, and jetskis for hire......:bah:

Jetskis help harmogenise the sewage with the seawater so it just looks like rain water run off.

4 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

Having designed several sewage treatment plants, for Thames Water in London and Camp Dresser and McKee in U.S.A., I think I know what a sewage treatment plant looks like, and searching the whole area I can see nothing that vaguely resembles one ! This could easily lead one to believe the whole thing is a very expensive scam. If anyone here has personal knowledge of the whereabouts of this 1.8 billion plant could you post the info here ? I would love to know where it is, if it actually exists. 

12.945000N - 100.918000E

sewage.jpg

9 hours ago, Rimmer said:

Could someone please convert this into figures that my untrained brain can comprehend, Litres, Gallons, tonnes or whatever, and is this really raw sewage leeching into the bay ? Yuk and double yuk.

Not to go to deeply into my ablutions but Chocolate log it is not, more like a curry slurry, and I wouldn't wish that on anybody :jap:

14 hours ago, falang07 said:

Nice....

yeah, years ago on my first visit back in 2004 i tried to find some documentation on what pattaya had for sewage treatment and all I could find was some vague reference to a "new" plant.  But it is pretty obvious that many hotels, shops, restaurants don't flow into that one plant from across town.  Is it the only plant?  20 % for how long?  And that is just for the stuff that gets piped over to there

5 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Could someone please convert this into figures that my untrained brain can comprehend, Litres, Gallons, tonnes or whatever, and is this really raw sewage leeching into the bay ? Yuk and double yuk.

Not to go to deeply into my ablutions bu Chocolate log it is not, more like a curry slurry, and I wouldn't wish that on anybody :jap:

1 cubic metre = 1000 litres (exactly)[2][3]
≈ 35.3 cubic feet
≈ 1.31 cubic yards
≈ 6.29 oil barrels
≈ 220 imperial gallons
≈ 264 US fluid gallons

and assuming it is water which is about 8 pounds per gallon, then 65,000 cubic meters/day x 264 gallons/cubic meter x 8 pounds /gallon is the way to convert

1,7160,000 gallons per day x 8 pounds/gallon, or 137280000 pounds of water per day or 68640 tons per day

14 hours ago, falang07 said:

Nice....

And no public notice while it had been leaking all this time also? Real nice way to show respect for people who use the beach.

4 hours ago, ezrider62 said:

And no public notice while it had been leaking all this time also? Real nice way to show respect for people who use the beach.

Well, they didn't say that it isn't leaking. So there.

3 hours ago, chicowoodduck said:

Oh my Buddha, took them long enough to figure that one out....

You're SO far ahead of 'em, man. We appreciate these lone voices here on the forum crying in the wilderness, soundin' all the alarms. Keep up the good work. Rats?

11 hours ago, ezrider62 said:

The people that use the beach should know better.............:sad:

Archived