Can I stay in this house after ...

14 hours ago, khunPer said:

16 years old, »At least thats the age to own  land where I live...« – presume you talk about Norway, but this is Thailand; and Thailand is not Norway, or any other foreign country...

In Thailand a minor can own land (and stocks and other property), but under a guardian until the minor is 20 years old, which mean that nothing can be done with that land against the interest of the minor – here-under sale; long-term lease; mortgage; usufruct; and superficies – and that's more-or-less up the Land Office only to decide. Any servitudes shall be made and declared at a Land Office before land is moved to a minor's name.

:smile:

I actually have lived in Thailand for the last 10 years now,and the reason for my 16 years guess was that this is the age in the district or ban next to mine.Or where I live.That is also why it is no set rules for how the different places practice this.Different answers on different days of the week and different people you ask.Best rule is how much you want to pay to get what you want.

I presume you dont know much about scandinavia.Cant even buy sigarettes at the age of 16 up there.

11 hours ago, blackcab said:

It's not new or hidden. Perhaps your friends simply had shockingly bad representation.

That said, Courts do err in law. That is what the Appellate Court is for.

To say the law is different for foreigners and Thais is wrong. It's more a case of the uneducated not pursuing their rights and accepting what they are told, regardless of their nationality.

Oh, you can said what you want, unless you are in that shit. Than you will understands what is really going down here. There was why many Company's  moving out their operations from here. There was also no such thing as best lawyer here, unless you push money to the higher level. Don't be naive even to believe in there court system.

I cannot recall hearing of  a foreigner getting a house or land or anything else that a thai had their name on or wanted, even the odd unconfirmed story of the court agreeing with the foreigner seems to end with the foreigner being driven off by family or neighbors .the only way is a condo but barring that, either do not spend or only enough so you can walk away seems the way to go. 

13 hours ago, Odin Norway said:

I actually have lived in Thailand for the last 10 years now,and the reason for my 16 years guess was that this is the age in the district or ban next to mine.Or where I live.That is also why it is no set rules for how the different places practice this.Different answers on different days of the week and different people you ask.Best rule is how much you want to pay to get what you want.

I presume you dont know much about scandinavia.Cant even buy sigarettes at the age of 16 up there.

»I presume you dont know much about scandinavia« – apart from I'm also from Scandinavia...:biggrin:
A child in Thailand is legally minor until 20 years old.

• 2 months later...
Do not mislead others. In Thailand when you purchase landed property,  all the ownership belongs to  your Thai spouse. This was enforced during when she sign and took over the deeds at the land office. The office also  required  your acknowledgment by signing on the paper as a foreign spouse. Unless you brought Condo under your name that is your property.

Even you sign at the land office it doesn't matter if you are legally married the property is community property.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect