Trump adopting same behavior he criticized Clinton for

webfact

1 minute ago, jcsmith said:

He's a con man who preyed on the gullibility of people to get himself elected. He told you what you wanted to hear, and you went for it, hook, line, and sinker. 

Actually, I didn't. I didn't vote for him, but now that he won so overwhelmingly, I think he deserves a chance.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was of the opinion that there were people here who could see outside the box.

At the time it was a choice between idiot and evil and the people chose the lesser of the two.

These so called leaders have ever been the puppets of old money and ever more will be.

It is my opinion that this guy will self destruct but hopefully, before he does, there will be some quiet but serious changes made to the system by those who are in a position to do so.

18 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

Ever tried wire cutters on a high security, expanded metal fence, augmented with razor wire?

http://www.thegazette.com/subject/news/nation-and-world/repairing-us-mexico-border-wall-a-daily-endeavor-20160524

SAN DIEGO — The border fence gets no respect.

Drug traffickers have smashed trucks into the barrier, trying to break through.

Coyotes routinely use axes and battery-powered saws to slice the steel mesh.

To borrow Carl Sandburg’s phrase, though, the sneakiest foe comes on little cat feet. “Fog,” said U.S. Border Patrol Officer Wendi Lee. “Fog is the big issue.”

Gotta love this:

http://www.theatlantic.com/photo/2013/05/on-the-border/100510/

main_1200.jpg?1420508206

5 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

Actually, I didn't. I didn't vote for him, but now that he won so overwhelmingly, I think he deserves a chance.

But he didn't win overwhelmingly.

http://www.factcheck.org/2016/11/trump-landslide-nope/

Despite Donald Trump and his campaign manager describing his election victory as a “landslide,” Trump’s margin of victory actually ranks among the closest in the Electoral College.

6 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Agreed!  But if he said it'd be a wall, that doesn't mean a fence.  Another back track.  And no, fences don't keep illegals out.  I lived in San Diego for many years.  The fence was a joke.

http://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/wild-donald-trump-quotes/14/

And, he'll make Mexico pay for it....right.  Gullible voters.

The Wall in Israel - which certainly seems to work - is a combination of walls and a multi-layered fence system.  

Just now, Boon Mee said:

Trump has bigger fish to fry now.

Now that all  his "promises" during the primaries and election have been fried beyond recognition and discarded,

and rather than offering just a vague cliche, please enlighten us and list some of those bigger fish will you? :laugh:

8 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

In what alternate universe did he win "overwhelmingly"? He lost the popular vote by almost three million votes, and as far as the electoral college goes, had a couple close states gone the other way he would've lost that as well. Yes, he won, but "overwhelmingly"? No.

1 hour ago, Rob8891 said:

I wonder if he is still such a strong advocate of the 2nd amendment.....:whistling:

He particularly likes the 2nd Amendment (his and white supremacists' interpretation of it) when it applies to gun-toting rednecks who will use their guns to to protect him personally.  Trump fans have probably forgotten, but Trump shouted on the stump that 'Perhaps the 2nd Amendment people should take care of her' ....when he referred to HRC.  When there are mass protests against Trump in 2017, don't be surprised when gun toting rednecks infiltrate the crowds and cause harm.  Trump will love the disruption.

54 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

I figure he meant it when he said it, but after he won he changed his mind. Why waste valuable time on a totally beaten foe?

It's mentioned because it's a reminder to the idiots who voted for Trump; it's yet another in a long list of lies which paved his electoral win.  Those who didn't vote for Trump saw through his America-crippling trail of lies from the get-go.

16 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

You have consistently and solidly supported  him throughout the discussions on T.Visa - for 18 months or so. I predict, the more fatal flaws he manifests, the more you'll dilute your support.  Already you're saying you didn't vote for him.  Hedging your bets, are you?  He's a harmful-for-America scoundrel by any measure.  

Anyone who supported Trump before or after the election has a death-wish for the US, whether they realize it or not.

5 minutes ago, iReason said:

Now that all  his "promises" during the primaries and election have been fried beyond recognition and discarded,

and rather than offering just a vague cliche, please enlighten us and list some of those bigger fish will you? :laugh:

The bigger fish he will fry? ....hmmm, he and his family will continue to try to amass billions of dollars.  However, they're learning daily how tricky the waters are, now that they're in the limelight.  Their main objective will be to continue to amass tons of money while navigating the tricky waters of public scrutiny. Endless excuses (or silence, when they're caught) will be part of the process.  Additionally, lawsuits will continue to be a mainstay in their arsenal.  Since the election, Trump has sued two Latino cooks, for $10 million each, who worked for him, but quit when they didn't like Trump calling Mexicans rapists.  

Thailand's Thaksin also used big-money lawsuits as a weapon against non-fans of his. He tried suing a 22 year old first year reporter for a newspaper when she published an article which didn't praise him.  The lawsuit was many millions of baht - more than she would make in her entire career.  There is no limit to what a tyrant will do to shut down people who don't praise him.  Thaksin and Trump are like two ugly peas in a rotten pod.  You can add Fil's Duterte to that pod.

How would anyone EVER win an election if they were not a good liar? It worked twice for Obama. It failed for Hillary because people are slowly catching on after eight years of broken promises from the democrats. The citizens are not totally stupid.

3 minutes ago, Gary A said:

How would anyone EVER win an election if they were not a good liar? It worked twice for Obama. It failed for Hillary because people are slowly catching on after eight years of broken promises from the democrats. The citizens are not totally stupid.

Actually, Obama did pretty good with his election promises.  Sometimes, the "system" just blocks you from getting things done.  At least he didn't back track even before taking office! LOL

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/obameter/

Only 25% were broken.

1 hour ago, boomerangutang said:

He particularly likes the 2nd Amendment (his and white supremacists' interpretation of it) when it applies to gun-toting rednecks who will use their guns to to protect him personally.  Trump fans have probably forgotten, but Trump shouted on the stump that 'Perhaps the 2nd Amendment people should take care of her' ....when he referred to HRC.  When there are mass protests against Trump in 2017, don't be surprised when gun toting rednecks infiltrate the crowds and cause harm.  Trump will love the disruption.

Trump supporters are not the fastest heads on the field, but eventually even they will realise that they have been conned by a flow of lies from Trump.

They'll be mad as a cow and angry like Spanish bull after seeing a red power-tie hanging on Trump's neck. 

The question is, can Trump inc direct their anger off from himself and the 'new establishment'. 

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

But a huge about face from before the elections.  Along with many about faces on other subjects that helped get him elected.

From the OP:

In my book, he knew it was a lie and deceived the American public.  Or should I say suckered them into voting for him? :whistling:

Soon I'm expecting he'll be  Colonel Trump of the confederacy, famous worldwide for inventing Kentucky fried chicken. There can't be a Saunders thought of for making America great before. He sounds too much like a democratic now. 

1 hour ago, Ulysses G. said:

The Wall in Israel - which certainly seems to work - is a combination of walls and a multi-layered fence system.  

Wow...you are 'special'. Since you chose to quote it; Only 15% of that fence is actually on the border. The rest is within the West Bank, in some places more than ten miles into the West Bank. 

Of course Mexico will not acquiesce.

Some people will believe anything....

33 minutes ago, oilinki said:

Trump supporters are not the fastest heads on the field, but eventually even they will realise that they have been conned by a flow of lies from Trump.

They'll be mad as a cow and angry like Spanish bull after seeing a red power-tie hanging on Trump's neck. 

The question is, can Trump inc direct their anger off from himself and the 'new establishment'. 

He really doesn't have to do much. Any improvements from the business as usual establishment will spell progress that will be appreciated. You rabid democrats don't seem to understand that citizens were sick of business as usual with more stupid rules that make government bigger and  justify the politicians existence. If Trump is able to eliminate redundant departments, eliminate silly laws and reduce the size of the government, people will be happy.