Hunt on for gang who stabbed man to death in Sathorn

webfact

Hunt on for gang who stabbed man to death in Sathorn

p5.jpg

Picture: Thairath

BANGKOK: -- Yannawa police are hunting for half a dozen knife wielding youths who killed a man outside a Sathorn area pub leaving him for dead outside Makro.

Ekachai Bunsoong, 21 from Pichit, was found lying on the central reservation of Narathiwat Ratchanakharin Road with two stab wounds to the chest and one to the back, reports Thairath.

A friend who was driving him on a motorbike jumped into the klong in the reservation to escape death.

Ekachai's friend said that they had gone to the Full Moon pub to celebrate Christmas day. After leaving the pub at closing time Ekachai had got in a fist fight.

The pair got away on a motorcycle with Ekachai on the back but nearby the 6 or 7 assailants on several bikes surrounded them. The friend ditched the bike and jumped in the klong while the victim ran off down the road towards Makro.

There he was murdered.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-12-26

1 hour ago, wlcart said:

I once was punched in the face by one Thai guy with a gang of his friends around.  I swallowed my pride and walked away. The punch didn't hurt and I figured what good could come of it.  I don' t need to prove anything. 

Intelligent ! That goes with Darwin's law of evolution . Survival of the strongest or most intelligent . Go and make a lot of babies , because the stupid reproduce   much more than the clever ones...

2 hours ago, ALLSEEINGEYE said:

the guy who jumped in the klong better start taking some antibiotics ASAP or he may die a much slower death than his friend.

Have you never seen children swimming in the klongs or even worse in the lakes/swamps in the subs?

I've even seen slides made into those swamps for the kids, they used it at some huge party. Also adult thai men go in the water to catch fish, just push those waterhyacints aside and go in....

Could somebody tell me what is happening in Thailand? I thought they were simple country folks . Is there a government somewhere in Thailand? I mean who is running the country ?

I don't think I should visit Thailand. (i know people will say to me "who cares you come or not")

1 hour ago, madusa said:

Could somebody tell me what is happening in Thailand? I thought they were simple country folks . Is there a government somewhere in Thailand? I mean who is running the country ?

I don't think I should visit Thailand. (i know people will say to me "who cares you come or not")

Exactly, who cares you come or not. Certainly nobody from Thailand. So do yourself a favor and avoid this dungheap country. Have a holiday in Vietnam.  

6 hours ago, wlcart said:

I once was punched in the face by one Thai guy with a gang of his friends around.  I swallowed my pride and walked away. The punch didn't hurt and I figured what good could come of it.  I don' t need to prove anything. 

Same here. Some years ago I took a few poofy punches from a Thai teen. I could have dropped the little prick but I knew his clan would pile on my ass, so I soaked up his blows and got out intact. But this speaks volumes about us - foreigners/tourists/resident expats that we have accept being assaulted by these savages because we're guests in their country...blah..blah...blah  ad nauseam. 

1 hour ago, madusa said:

Country folks like to fight after a night on the beer...don't you know that?

3 hours ago, TSF said:

Same here. Some years ago I took a few poofy punches from a Thai teen. I could have dropped the little prick but I knew his clan would pile on my ass, so I soaked up his blows and got out intact. But this speaks volumes about us - foreigners/tourists/resident expats that we have accept being assaulted by these savages because we're guests in their country...blah..blah...blah  ad nauseam. 

Your restraint was the right and smart thing to do especially when  outnumbered like that .  In my case , I was jumped by 6 of them trying to rob me as they took me to the ground from behind.  There was no chance for flight so the fight was on.  My girlfriend saved my life as she rammed one that was about to bust my head open with a large rock as I was on the ground punching it out with the ones that had not run off after finding that I was not going to flop like a fish. All this happend in broad daylight and with dozens of people standing around just watching (including my whimp buddy that was  paralyzed with fear). The police showed up and dragged off the last guy that had not gotten away. Not a word was said and they were gone .  In the end , I was cut up and bloody from the asphalt and lucky not to have been stabbed to death. I would have rather run if I had the chance, but they  initiated the beating and attempted robbery  blind siding me .  I was pleasantly surprised and relieved that they only got the  McDonald's paper napkins that I had in my pocket and missed the wallet.  On another note ... It's  truly amazing how time slows down and you feel no physical pain until afterwards. 

16 hours ago, tominbkk said:

Better not to fight here, unless you have more in your gang then they in theirs.

1 hour ago, dotpoom said:

Could say the same for any country that have gangs?

Nope, not the same everywhere. I've seen a number of fights (America) where the two sides/gangs let the guys (or even 2 or 3 on each side at a time) that have a beef with each other duke it out without interference from others, actually physically preventing others from getting involved. They only intervened when it was clear that one of them was going to die or be hospitalized for a long time if he didn't wise up and give up, but was too proud and stupid to do so. Some of them actually have a sense of honor, sometimes....

11 hours ago, pumpuy said:

Intelligent ! That goes with Darwin's law of evolution . Survival of the strongest or most intelligent . Go and make a lot of babies , because the stupid reproduce   much more than the clever ones...

hmmm.... Thailand would certainly win the reproduction race if this were true....lol

7 hours ago, TSF said:

or maybe its bcos we are just not pack animals like these people

The evolution of this will be a chap with a sub machine gun just take out the whole gang and who would blame him. Everybody, but 6 v 1 you got no choice. RIP young man. I don't envy youth I envy the 75 year old's walking about. Be thankful.

On 26/12/2016 at 3:54 PM, draks said:

Thailand the land of smiles, what's happening I see so many murders, beatings, foreigners committing suicide, from balconies, it's a dangerous place to be now, or am I being charged cynical 

Well, unless we get a good statistic of all the crimes, suicides , etc., we cannot really say for certain what is what. Because normally you get the statistic and compare with the figure of the total population you get a rather good picture.

I mean if you have a small population ( thailand has only 65 million which is not big) and it will show how bad if the figure is high. But then the government will hide all the truth from you foreigners, expat, tourists.

If they get the real picture would you think they want to do anything? I believe they will just let the people die. Who cares, I need money not more work.

Don't ever expect civil servants to work hard or even a little harder, this is a phenomenon world wide not only in Thailand.

They will all pretend to be busy that's what they are good at. If you are a civil servant ready this, you will be smiling.

Apparent random street violence - even general lawlessness, particularly against individuals - is not specific to Thailand.  Gang warfare had flourished in Jamaica during the 1960s and 70s to the point that drive-by shootings by dread-locked thugs outside shopping centres or in the CBDs were common.  Check out any Central American nation's violence stats over the last 2 decades. Middle Europe, the Middle East, Africa got completely out of hand over the same period. In PNG's major towns from the 1970s onwards stabbings, choppings, spearings were common past the turn of the century. Never mind gang warfare, tribal warfare often erupted and spilled out into city streets due to disputed decisions in football and boxing stadium events.  For the capital's (Port Moresby) expatriate residents house invasions for the purposes of pillage and rape from the 1970s onwards were regular after-dark events.  Expats travelled in coordinated convoys by night; gun club memberships blossomed. Everyone knew the basic rules of responsible gun ownership: the last person standing was the only person who could provide witness testimony; warning shots were fired into the ceiling only after any aggressor lay still on the floor. Guard dogs didn't protect; they just gave you time to wake up, open your gun box and load up. Houses were constructed like submarines, with solid, lockable doors sealing off different sections, giving inhabitants valuable time to prepare and hope they would soon hear police sirens approaching. Police didn't bother keeping stats on rape; it was so common there seemed little point up to the turn of the century. Random, inexplicable street violence is a feature of developing nations. Sometimes I think "developing" is inappropriate; it implies beneficial growth or change is occurring.  It might be time sociologists chose a different descriptor. Often the changes imposed by random external forces as well as authorities trying to keep the lid on an unstable pressure cooker can only be judged truly by future historians.  Are cultural, political and social changes happening too quickly for ordinary citizens to understand or cope with in  Thailand?  I fear the answer seems to be yes.