the new buses

fruitman

One might wish to remember that the contract process for the new NGV buses goes back to a Bhumjaithai party promise in the then Democrat coalition government from mid 2009! (Originally an inflated US $2 billion leasing contract for 2700 buses!).

Both parties then promised new buses in the 2011 election but for 2.5 years PPP didn't progress the project much at all. Then came the coup in May 2014 and yet another review and a new project to purchase 500 new buses as a start (some aircon and some non) and funds to recondition old buses.

What year is it now and still no new buses for the BMTA!

It is worth nothing that of a fleet of around 3500 buses the BMTA has around 900 buses sitting in depots which are unusable due to the lack of spare parts...........the fleet is literally falling apart!

1 hour ago, Lakegeneve said:

One might wish to remember that the contract process for the new NGV buses goes back to a Bhumjaithai party promise in the then Democrat coalition government from mid 2009! (Originally an inflated US $2 billion leasing contract for 2700 buses!).

Both parties then promised new buses in the 2011 election but for 2.5 years PPP didn't progress the project much at all. Then came the coup in May 2014 and yet another review and a new project to purchase 500 new buses as a start (some aircon and some non) and funds to recondition old buses.

What year is it now and still no new buses for the BMTA!

It is worth nothing that of a fleet of around 3500 buses the BMTA has around 900 buses sitting in depots which are unusable due to the lack of spare parts...........the fleet is literally falling apart!

Duct tape in aisle 6

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any news about the new buses? Are they still at the customs while the next load is still on the boat waiting to get unloaded?

I thought i read somewhere they would be delivered around 8-9 januari but didn't read about them anymore lately.

What's the latest info? Are they still coming or not?

On 1/12/2017 at 10:54 AM, fruitman said:

Is there any news about the new buses? Are they still at the customs while the next load is still on the boat waiting to get unloaded?

I thought i read somewhere they would be delivered around 8-9 januari but didn't read about them anymore lately.

What's the latest info? Are they still coming or not?

The English language newspaper we are not allowed to quote reported today that  292 natural gas vehicle (NGV) buses from the Bestlin Group have been delivered to the BMTA after they paid the Customs Duty

Archived