Mistake on Daughter's Thai Birth Certificate

leytonorient

My daughter's Thai birth certificate states my place of birth is Canada when in fact it is the U.K. I'm a dual citizen of Great Britain and Canada and since I normally use my Canadian passport that is the one I showed when she was born and I did not check the form closely before it was submitted and my wife gave them the wrong info.

It is now a problem because I want to get my daughter a British passport.

Time has passed and I neglected this too long as she is now 16 years old. I now regret delaying to address the issue.

Does anyone know how I go about getting her birth certificate corrected to show my correct place of birth? What would I need to produce and where would I need to go?

Thank you in advance of any advice or help.

Don't worry about the birth certificate. It's just a fictional document, that was created to fool you into thinking that you have any responsibility towards the government. I wiped my ass with mine a long time ago. It was the best toilet paper I have ever used. 

But if you insist, you need to go to the issuing authority along with your daughter's documents of identity and tell them to correct the issue. 

Does anyone know to which Thai Government agency I need to go to correct my daughter's Thai birth certificate?

I would not worry too much about that because as a British Citizen you can still register her in the U.K. by showing the certificate (original and translated original showing the ink stamp and pen colour) and take your Canadian Passport. She will enjoy 3 nationalities :)

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

3 hours ago, leytonorient said:

Does anyone know to which Thai Government agency I need to go to correct my daughter's Thai birth certificate?

On the BC there is a section at the bottom 'Signature of Registrar notifying of birth' (translated from Thai). This signature will be stamped with the name of the district where the birth was registered. This is where you should go to have the change noted - this will be done on the reverse of the BC. They should be able to explain what documents you need to supply for the correction to be actioned.

The BC of my son contained an error and that was the process that we followed to have it corrected. This was about three years after his birth.

Good luck.

On 12/28/2016 at 0:21 PM, dabhand said:

On the BC there is a section at the bottom 'Signature of Registrar notifying of birth' (translated from Thai). This signature will be stamped with the name of the district where the birth was registered. This is where you should go to have the change noted - this will be done on the reverse of the BC. They should be able to explain what documents you need to supply for the correction to be actioned.

The BC of my son contained an error and that was the process that we followed to have it corrected. This was about three years after his birth.

Good luck.

Thank you for that advice. I will follow it through.

My daughter is already fortunate to have a Canadian Passport and a Thai one. We are getting her the UK one to make things easier when she attends university in the UK.