Any electrical supply & repair shops in Pattaya?

TheWizardofRnR

Need to get a Lamp repaired and need to buy a Transformer for 120 Volt USA sewing Machine to 220Volt Thai electricity

Anyone have any recommendations , much appreciated ! 

I asked about transformers at Home Pro but the staff just showed me  universal plugs , not transformers !

Amorn in the basement of Tukom has a large selection of transformers,  just be aware that you may be able to step up from 110 Volts  to 220 Volts but the hertz (Hz), which controls the speed of the motor, will not be converted so your US sewing machine motor will run slower 

They may also repair your lamp since they have an electronic repair area on site 

11 minutes ago, Langsuan Man said:

Amorn in the basement of Tukom has a large selection of transformers,  just be aware that you may be able to step up from 110 Volts  to 220 Volts but the hertz (Hz), which controls the speed of the motor, will not be converted so your US sewing machine motor will run slower 

They may also repair your lamp since they have an electronic repair area on site 

Any chance you might know if you can re-wire the sewing machine , there is a Singer Center here. Somewhere in the past 30 years here I remember I think that , a person I knew re -wired a electrical device instead of buyin' a Transformer.....possible?

If you have a sewing machine which operates on 120 V then you need to get a stepdown transformer which will convert the 220 V in Thailand to the 120 V you need to operate the machine.

As another poster has said, if your machine operates on the USA voltage with 60 Hz then the frequency here is only 50 Hz so your machine will run a little slower, but may not be that noticeable.

I have come across some devices long ago which had dual windings in them, so they could be configured for different voltages, but I think that's probably a thing of the past now.

Edited by xylophone
correction

• 1 year later...