Good Japanese Food..where To Go?

Hey2u2

Nihonmura or Japanese Village has many good restaurants especially Torajiro on Thonglo Soi 13

Iroha (Japanese Yakiniku) is also on Thonglo Soi 13

Ootoya - Thonglo Soi 15, Emporium and Paragon

Honjo - Opposite Emporium

Utaandon - Emporium

Drinking Tea & Eating Rice - At Conrad Hotel Wireless Road

I also agree that Aoi at Emporium is good.

Enjoy! :o

Nihonmura or Japanese Village has many good restaurants especially Torajiro on Thonglo Soi 13

Iroha (Japanese Yakiniku) is also on Thonglo Soi 13

Ootoya - Thonglo Soi 15, Emporium and Paragon

Honjo - Opposite Emporium

Utaandon - Emporium

Drinking Tea & Eating Rice - At Conrad Hotel Wireless Road

I also agree that Aoi at Emporium is good.

Enjoy! :D

Hush,

You know a lot of places. Are you Japanese? Which one do you recommend as a must go from your list? Is that Japanese village full of restaurants or what exactly is that place? Are these also drinking spots with food?

btw, I like your shoes! I guess you must get a lot of compliments... :D Fashionable girl :o

Edited by Hey2u2

Hush,

You know a lot of places. Are you Japanese? Which one do you recommend as a must go from your list? Is that Japanese village full of restaurants or what exactly is that place? Are these also drinking spots with food?

No, I'm not Japanese. I used to work in a Japanese company and was introduced to its cuisine, I just loved it. All of those restaurants are some of my faves. Check them out...

Nihonmura:

Torajiro (Izakaya) Not much of sushi, but very good sashimi (priced reasonably); side dishes that would go with your sake or beer; grilled meat on sticks; some ramen/udon. -- IMO, this is one of the best!

Matabei: good sushi and chirashi zushi. Only went there for lunch and I like the atmosphere (a bit dark and quiet Japanese style rest). I heard dinner menu is quite expensive.

Uomasa: very good sashimi/sushi. Can be a buit pricey tho, so I go to Torajiro.

Iroha (Japanese Yakiniku) is also on Thonglo Soi 13 - My fave place for Japanese bbq-- very good meat and salads

Ootoya - Thonglo Soi 15, Emporium and Paragon - This has some good Japanese style homemade dishes dont expect sushi/sashim.. They always have set menus that will fill you up..

Drinking Tea & Eating Rice - At Conrad Hotel Wireless Road --best Japanese buffet I have ever been to..

:o Enjoy the Japanese food... Just thinking about it now makes me crave for it...

btw, I like your shoes! I guess you must get a lot of compliments... :D Fashionable girl :o

now now! I know this is your thread...but only I get to comment on Hush's shoes :D:D

but just to pretend I have something to add on the Japanese eat places....you will notice that a lot of them are concentrated in thonglor area...some at the top of thong lor (the area before soi 1 and across the road on the other side), but theres also one small place a little further away from camilian hospital (on the other end) but im so bad with names..could tell you what its called

a couple of places inside thaniya building in silom are also good. again...dont ask names :D but do enjoy :D

but just to pretend I have something to add on the Japanese eat places....you will notice that a lot of them are concentrated in thonglor area...some at the top of thong lor (the area before soi 1 and across the road on the other side), but theres also one small place a little further away from camilian hospital (on the other end) but im so bad with names..could tell you what its called

Alot of those are Korean as well.

Nihonmura:

Torajiro (Izakaya) Not much of sushi, but very good sashimi (priced reasonably); side dishes that would go with your sake or beer; grilled meat on sticks; some ramen/udon. -- IMO, this is one of the best!

Hush, I'll have to check this one out.

Maybe I will see you and your shoes there someday (sorry MIG couldn't help to mention her shoes again) :o

Hush, are you Thai? If not where are you from?

Edited by Hey2u2

• 1 year later...

Personally I like the Kabuki and Utaandon Japanese restaurant very much, particularly if combined with shopping together with my wife and son. Kabuki is located at the ground floor of Siam Paragon and at the 7th floor of Central World; Utaandon at the 3rd floor of Emporium Shopping Complex and 6th floor of Isetan Department Store in Central World. You can find more information at their websites http://www.kabukithailand.com and http://www.utaandonthai.com.

I hope you will enjoy the food there as much as we do. :o

This from google.

Taketei Japanese Resturant

Nana Plaza Inn

202 Khao San Road Banglampoo (Khao San Road) Bangkok 10200

Tel: (66) 0-2629-0173 Fax: (66) 0-2629-0174

Owner Mr. Hashimoto assures us Taketei is the only Japanese restaurant on Khao San Road. One thing we can assure you - Taketei is a very good Japanese restaurant! Open from 11:30-01:00, an ample SUSHI SET will set you back only 160 Baht, and a STEAK SET only 140 Baht. Air-conditioned, with a very relaxing atmosphere. Taketei is the real thing. Both Mr. Hashimoto and his Thai chef have worked at Japanese restaurants in leading Bangkok hotels. This experience is very much reflected in their fare. Very good food at an affordable price.