Phuket frets over shorter peak season

rooster59

Phuket frets over shorter peak season

By SUCHAT SRITAMA  
THE NATION 

PHUKET is experiencing a shorter peak season this year due to a change in the market, and it is a matter of concern for hospitality firms when it comes to the 2017 low season, according to Bill Barnett, managing director of the C9 Hotelworks consultancy firm. 

He said that in previous peak seasons, rates or surcharges had benefitted many hotels in Phuket, but this year the period was becoming shorter – in most cases ending after just the first few days of January. 

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/business/EconomyAndTourism/30303187

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-01-01

All I can say is good. It's the only way to get change. Thais only respond to change when it starts to hurt financially so bring on more hardship. Standards are beyond low and need attention.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

Tourism a most conflicting subject,if you believe * T.A.T. ,tourists are flooding in,

and the infrastructure cannot cope,while the report above,seems to say the high

season is over in January. so who do you believe?

* who does.

regards Worgeordie

28 minutes ago, sebastion said:

All I can say is good. It's the only way to get change. Thais only respond to change when it starts to hurt financially so bring on more hardship. Standards are beyond low and need attention.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

Yes a peaks and valleys mentality.

7 minutes ago, the guest said:

Phuket is far too expensive, and the traffic situation is diabolical !

All an own goal.

Yingluk and her tax-free first car purchase. A couple of drivers reckon 10,000 people in Phuket took advantage of that scheme.

The local government, unable to stem the tide of illegal taxis just legalized them all, plus gave the opportunity to any car owner to also become a legal taxi.

God! I love Phuket!

41 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

All an own goal.

Yingluk and her tax-free first car purchase. A couple of drivers reckon 10,000 people in Phuket took advantage of that scheme.

The local government, unable to stem the tide of illegal taxis just legalized them all, plus gave the opportunity to any car owner to also become a legal taxi.

God! I love Phuket!

I have no doubt Yingluck's tax incentive made vehicles more affordable to some Thai's who otherwise may not have been able to purchase a vehicle.  

If I remember correctly, the car manufacturers were thinking about ceasing operations in Thailand, after the big floods destroyed their factories, so Yingluck used this policy to entice them to remain in Thailand, which they did.

Still, with no proper public transport on Phuket, everyone must have access to a vehicle, and this is why we see so much traffic on the roads here, with the corresponding deaths and injuries from accidents.

This article has some interesting figures. 

http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Huge-increase-Phuket-vehicle-numbers/9381