Can anybody recommend a small helmet cam.  

Happy Grumpy

Doesn’t need to be 1080p, 720p is fine.

Needs to be small. The smaller the better. The helmet is stored in a 40L Topbox when out and about and it needs to fit in without being taken off.

Helmet is stored in a house at night, so can be plugged in and charged while on the helmet over night.

No real  budget, but the less the price is the better. Not some 700 baht Chinese thing that breaks after 3 weeks.

Thanks.

Edited by Happy Grumpy

GoPro gave a small cubed one called the session.

gopro_1010.jpg

Polaroid have a similar version and much cheaper.

polaroidcube-black_1_.png

Personally, I prefer the Drift Stealth as it is built like a tank and fits flusher to the helmet.  As small as the other two are in comparison to a standard GoPro, they still look ridiculous on top of a helmet.

Stealth2-Hand-1-1-1-Custom.jpg

I have the Gorpro Hero 4, SJ4000 and the Drift Ghost S.  The drift is better in so many ways.  I GoPro user will only focus on the image being marginally better and not the benefits of the drift's battering life, waterproof without casing and that it will take a serious hammering which makes it ideal for bikers.

There are other alternatives such as the Runcam 2 which are smaller and cheaper than the above.

Edited by BBJ

1 hour ago, lvr181 said:

Umm........ is that a small helmet, cam or a small, helmet cam?

Yup it is the grammar Police but can you understand the difference? Light hearted comment, so please have a nice day. :smile:

Ha ha, then you'd best watch your own grammar buddy if you're going to police others, as "police" should not be capitalized unless used to refer to a specific police force or unit, such as the Korean Police Force, or Indiana State Police, just saying... :)

But getting back to action cams, I prefer Sony. They're cheaper than GoPros but have a better picture straight out of the camera (need less post-production work), and of special interest to bikers, the stabilization is superior to GP's.

Edited by Gforcejunkypkt

21 hours ago, BBJ said:

GoPro gave a small cubed one called the session.

gopro_1010.jpg

Polaroid have a similar version and much cheaper.

polaroidcube-black_1_.png

Personally, I prefer the Drift Stealth as it is built like a tank and fits flusher to the helmet.  As small as the other two are in comparison to a standard GoPro, they still look ridiculous on top of a helmet.

Stealth2-Hand-1-1-1-Custom.jpg

I have the Gorpro Hero 4, SJ4000 and the Drift Ghost S.  The drift is better in so many ways.  I GoPro user will only focus on the image being marginally better and not the benefits of the drift's battering life, waterproof without casing and that it will take a serious hammering which makes it ideal for bikers.

There are other alternatives such as the Runcam 2 which are smaller and cheaper than the above.

I have been using GoPro since 2007, upgrading with new model every year. But last 2 years I stick to Drift, perfect. It doesn't shake as GoPro plus as you said, mounted on the side of helmet instead of on top which is quite ridiculous looking.

Video Example, taken during my ride at Amalfi Coast, Italy:

4 hours ago, Gforcejunkypkt said:

Ha ha, then you'd best watch your own grammar buddy if you're going to police others, as "police" should not be capitalized unless used to refer to a specific police force or unit, such as the Korean Police Force, or Indiana State Police, just saying... :)

But getting back to action cams, I prefer Sony. They're cheaper than GoPros but have a better picture straight out of the camera (need less post-production work), and of special interest to bikers, the stabilization is superior to GP's.

Police - Grammar - To Correct and Serve.jpg

:smile:

Edited by radiochaser

15 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

You can buy one on Amazon for $30.  I used it last summer on a bike ride.  Works great. ?

Sorry, a little diversion here...first that seems a very affordable camera... OK.. how do you write  

ALWAY towards Victory in Spanish...  Hasta la victoria Sempre?

Edited by Rhys

BBJ knows ..

When you buy a drift you enter a different world.

Chinese cameras are OK, but you end up with a stack of batteries, you are forever swapping them, sometimes you forget to charge them .. I had an original SJ4000 it was great, the batteries lasted 45 mins, it finally broke and I tried to buy another and ended up with a copy GoPro clone.

I bought a drift ghost, they are proper kit, they don't often fail, 3 hour battery life, they have next level features that when you work out how to use them - there's no way you return to a GoPro / clone.