Out of sight: Queen Elizabeth misses church again

webfact

Out of sight: Queen Elizabeth misses church again

606x341_353763.jpg

SANDRINGHAM: -- Her 95-year-old husband Prince Philip was there, as were other members of Britain’s Royal Family.

But for the second time these Christmas holidays, Queen Elizabeth was a ‘no show’ at church – missing the New Year’s Day service at her country estate, Sandringham.

Buckingham Palace says the 90-year-old is still recuperating from the heavy cold that forced her to stay away from church on Christmas Day, for the first time in decades.

Elizabeth and Philip were both suffering from heavy colds in the week leading up to Christmas and delayed their journey from London to Sandringham by a day, travelling there by helicopter on Dec. 22.

Philip recovered and attended both the Christmas and New Year services.

On Sunday, he arrived by car before walking into the grey stone parish church of St. Mary Magdalene, but the Queen, who is the symbolic head of the Church of England, made no public appearance.

Now, after almost two weeks out of the public gaze – apart from in her traditional pre-recorded Christmas TV message – concern for the Queen’s health is growing.

Acknowledging her age, the world’s longest-reigning living monarch has already handed over some royal duties to other family members and cut back on international tours. But she is still known for her robust constitution.

with Reuters

euronews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Euronews 2017-01-02

1 minute ago, boomerangutang said:

I've missed church since 1981, when I went to a Catholic service in the Phil's in order to gain favor with a romantic interest there.   Me missing church didn't even make the local news.  

About the only thing me and the queen have in common is the same birthday.

Please, 'the queen and I'. If you didn't make the news did you make the romantic interest at least.

Sad, that some are so mean spirited to a woman who has hurt no one and instead  made alot of people feel secure and lifted their spirits. She's done far more for the well being of the UK than many of the petty misfits of TVF.  I am not a monarchist, but jeez, that is someone's gran and a beloved icon to some UK residents.  Be nice.

13 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

Sad, that some are so mean spirited to a woman who has hurt no one and instead  made alot of people feel secure and lifted their spirits. She's done far more for the well being of the UK than many of the petty misfits of TVF.  I am not a monarchist, but jeez, that is someone's gran and a beloved icon to some UK residents.  Be nice.

Exactly.  I am not a monarchist either, but she seems a nice genuine lady who, like you say, has inspired and lifted the spirits of many people in the UK and elsewhere. 

I would feel happier with her running the country than all the looser and incompetent government characters we have had over the last few years. 

Sadly these days most people in the UK seem to have got very selfish and negative about anyone... they like to pull people down and make them look bad, rather than have any hero's or role models to look up to. 

What a hard working and devoted Lady, who has given her life to the Country and Commonwealth, with no retirement date

Personally, I believe, those who show no love or sympathy are either mentally ill, and that is also sad, as for the rest of them the lowest of life,

Love and compassion costs little

God bless the wonderful lady, and the rest of her family

Just now, White Christmas13 said:

And not any other country either who the hell cares

What i meant was that we don't go overboard about the monarchy to the same extent as 'some' countries. Queen Elizabeth may represent her country well but she is hardly important to the world in general. The world doesn't need Lizzie it needs a good shafting.

Just now, White Christmas13 said:

By the way I missed church to because of my doctor appointment

I just got diagnosed with cardiac problems and  diabetes

anybody missed me in church ?

No, but with those problems maybe you ought to go to church after all, hedge your bets so to speak.

2 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

By the way I missed church to because of my doctor appointment

I just got diagnosed with cardiac problems and  diabetes

anybody missed me in church ?

You need to go to your church and ask them whether you were missed or not .

6 hours ago, al007 said:

What a hard working and devoted Lady, who has given her life to the Country and Commonwealth, with no retirement date

I wouldn't mind a gig like that myself. My specialities are waving, patting corgis, looking sombre and giving the odd speech.

I wouldn't ask for meals, overtime and pension either.

Edited by JHolmesJr

3 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

I wouldn't mind a gig like that myself. My specialities are waving, patting corgis, looking sombre and giving the odd speech.

You can do that if you want too, no one is stopping you .

You can wander around Pattaya, "waving, patting dogs , looking somber and giving the odd speech"

Go ahead, theres no one stopping you 

2 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

The best part of the job is to sign all the laws before they come into effect so you get the chance to see where the government will invest money,arms etc. then you get a straw man to buy shares on the cheap, she is a very rich lady who has virtually no living expenses.

Just now, sanemax said:

You can do that if you want too, no one is stopping you .

You can wander around Pattaya, "waving, patting dogs , looking somber and giving the odd speech"

Go ahead, theres no one stopping you 

If my duties as lord and master of Buckingham, Sandringham, Whateveringham require it, I will be glad to oblige.

1 minute ago, soalbundy said:

The best part of the job is to sign all the laws before they come into effect so you get the chance to see where the government will invest money,arms etc. then you get a straw man to buy shares on the cheap, she is a very rich lady who has virtually no living expenses.

An allegation of insider trading ?

OK, which shares did the Queen buy cheaply which then soon gained value after laws were signed ?

Name the shrares that the Queen bought

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

An allegation of insider trading ?

OK, which shares did the Queen buy cheaply which then soon gained value after laws were signed ?

Name the shrares that the Queen bought

I'm sure julian assange/wikileaks knows.

6 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

If my duties as lord and master of Buckingham, Sandringham, Whateveringham require it, I will be glad to oblige.

Contact the Queen and asks her whether she would divorce Greek Phil and then get married to you .

If she agrees, then the jobs yours