Low cost Abercrombie Cargo Shorts in Bangkok

HermosaBeachGuy

There was a shop on the 5th floor of MBK that used to sell Abercrombie cargo shorts for about 600 - 650 baht a pair. They were very inexpensive compared to the US,  but nonetheless, mine have lasted about 4 years.  With the recent renovation of the 5th floor, the shop seems to have vanished.  Simultaneously, I've lost about 20 kg, so my current shorts don't quite fit as they used to.

Does anyone know a shop that sells these shorts?  I"m aware of lots of other cargo shorts, but I really liked these.

Thanks,

The percentage of branded clothing in MBK that is fake is at least 95%, and probably much higher than that.  At the price you paid they were almost certainly fake.  That doesn't necessarily mean they were any worse quality.

Edited by cnjoew

23 minutes ago, cnjoew said:

The percentage of branded clothing in MBK that is fake is at least 95%, and probably much higher than that.  At the price you paid they were almost certainly fake.  That doesn't necessarily mean they were any worse quality.

They were made of a lousy quality, full of holes already and thin fabric. Don't know if that's normal for that brand but that's why i didn't buy them on the 5th floor. 

Also many brandname clothing in BKK is b-choice, if the labels are missing or cut out it's from the real factory but didn't pass quality control.

Yesterday i was on a big market looking at some adidas nonsweat shirts but the vendor already told me they were fake. For the price of 3-400 baht i didn't buy them, would rather buy them new in the nike outlet but also there many products are of lousy quality. 

And those adidas outlets you see everywhere are expensive, in the past there was a real adidas outlet next to impact muang thong but that one is in a new building now and expensive as well. 

The same shirts cost less online in europe and i guess they are real....not sure though.

But on EVERY thai market you can find fake brandname stuff, and also in many malls. Even in the big stores like supersports.

I've had two pairs of these, both around 500 baht. The first pair from about five years ago is very decent quality and they're still going strong. The second pair I bought about six months ago and the zip and the stitching have both given up. Chances of you finding exactly the same quality as you bought before are slim at best. 

Edited by lamyai3

14 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

I've had two pairs of these, both around 500 baht. The first pair from about five years ago is very decent quality and they're still going strong. The second pair I bought about six months ago and the zip and the stitching have both given up. Chances of you finding exactly the same quality as you bought before are slim at best. 

ok, thanks for that.. but the one piece missing what the thing I'm asking.  Where, exactly, did you buy the pair that you got six months ago?

Thanks again... 

39 minutes ago, HermosaBeachGuy said:

ok, thanks for that.. but the one piece missing what the thing I'm asking.  Where, exactly, did you buy the pair that you got six months ago?

Thanks again... 

Sorry, I didn't mention it was Pattaya, Mike shopping mall - I guess not so useful for you in Bangkok. The older pair also was from royal garden plaza in Pattaya, they tend to be sold in the open section on the ground floor, so I guess it would be similar in Bangkok in any of the larger malls.

12 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

Sorry, I didn't mention it was Pattaya, Mike shopping mall - I guess not so useful for you in Bangkok. The older pair also was from royal garden plaza in Pattaya, they tend to be sold in the open section on the ground floor, so I guess it would be similar in Bangkok in any of the larger malls.

Thanks.. yeah, I've seen them in Pattaya both at Mike's and also from a seller in front of the mall with Ripley's in it.. but that guy was not reasonable on price... He had Abercromie cargo pants and jeans too.. which I've never seen in Thailand, only Vietnam.