Center Point condo. Good wifi?

mockingbird

Hello.

I'm staying in pattaya next month for 2 months. I'm angling towards taking a condo in Center Point for the 2 months. However, I will be working remotely from the condo (i'm a software engineer), and it's imperative that I have decent wifi (mainly for vpn into customer sites).

Does anybody know if the wifi in Center point is decent? If not, are there any good monthly wifi options I can purchase in Pattaya?

Many thanks.

A friend of mine living in Center Point Condominium reports about a lot of problems with his connection there.

At PKCP next door a few rooms are rented out with a dLan WiFi at a ToT-Router. Quite stable, but still not comparable to Western standards.

Another option is tethering with a smartphone. Data packages are available from the providers.

You can also buy one of those mini-routers and get set up with any of the various phone carriers. If connection is important, don't go cheap trying to save a few quid a month. Just buy a router thing and you are always online. The WIFI at the condo/hotel can be your back up. Cheers mate and welcome to Pattaya.

Actually sometimes its better just to buy a sim card from DTAC that will give you 4G and use it with your laptop . It's faster than most shared internet-lines. 

Edited by balo