Temple dog killer turns himself in - but she bit me first, he says.

webfact

Temple dog killer turns himself in - but she bit me first, he says.

4p.jpg

Picture: Sanook

SAMUT SAKHON: -- A 57 year old man caught on CCTV running over a temple dog has given himself up to police.

He said he didn't mean to kill "Duck Dick" but he was annoyed that the mutt kept taking a bite and him and his mum when they went to make merit at the temple, reports Sanook.

And Prasit Srikularp also told Krathumbaen police in Samut Sakorn that he was drunk in his pick-up at the time.

Netizens were outraged when the footage of the death of Duck Dick, a bitch, emerged earlier in the week. There was nowhere to hide from the media storm for her killer who decided to take a day off work to admit what he had done.

Prasit said that he had actually ordained at the temple - Wat Orm Noi - and often visited there to make merit with his mother. He said he was fed up with them getting bitten by Duck Dick.

But he didn't mean to kill her, just give her a scare. Besides, he was drunk at the time, he told the cops.

He has been charged under a 2014 cruelty to animals statute that allows for a prison term of 2 years or 40,000 baht fine. He was set to appear in court today.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-01-05

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We also went to a temple to make merit. There were many families with children and one of the templedogs attacked a child.

The men grabbed long poles and went after the dog to hit it hard.

I don't see the problem if they smashed a dog to death. Everybody at the place was very shocked and angry with the dog.

The monks are responsible though since they are their dogs who are left to run free and bite children. What if those dogs bit the child of a (farang) tourist to death?? Who's gonna pay all the hospitalbills and repatriating?? Or should we conclude that tourists shouldn't visit any Thai temple??

Or shall we say: mai pen lai and go eating?

Nearly on topic

Dogs at temples are kept alive basically, not looked after ,so many dogs pack mentality just asking for trouble!

I have 3 large pet dogs together when excited they can be a handful, so a pack of mangy inbred strays  is a disaster waiting to happen.(talking about dogs not monks)..... although ?!

sadly a cull is needed

1 minute ago, poohy said:

Nearly on topic

Dogs at temples are kept alive basically, not looked after ,so many dogs pack mentality just asking for trouble!

I have 3 large pet dogs together when excited they can be a handful, so a pack of mangy inbred strays  is a disaster waiting to happen.(talking about dogs not monks)..... although ?!

sadly a cull is needed

of the dogs or the temples?....id  say both

38 minutes ago, thai3 said:

These pests infest every single wat and are all over the roads, if they get run over and killed I don't see a problem

Many dogs are at wats because people drop them there...they drop them off at a wat because they know they will get some food and have a degree of protection.    Monks at wats have humanity.

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

53 minutes ago, thai3 said:

These pests infest every single wat and are all over the roads, if they get run over and killed I don't see a problem

Hello ignorant one. The dog  was  a GUEST of the wat. Do you understand the reason why dogs are allowed on to the premises? Are you aware that the dog had a right to be on the wat grounds, whereas the drunk in a truck did not? It is a vile sin to be drunk in a wat. The drunk killer disgraced the wat.  The dog was not innocently run over, but savagely and cruelly killed in a holy place, defiling the wat. In what depraved cruel world do you live where  it is acceptable for a drunk to defile a temple and to engage in cruel behaviour?

This piece of filth thinks he will earn merit by going to the temple. He's in for a shock, as he will suffer tremendously in years to come. He is a liar. If the dog went after him it was probably because he was drunk and provoked it. The man is  evil and the wat should punish him severely for defiling the  grounds and for his act of cruelty. If I  had been around, he would have been nursing more than his alcohol induced hangover.

34 minutes ago, tukkytuktuk said:

Murderer. What a coward using his pickup truck to murder a poor innocent dog. Couldn't fight it man to dog. Cowardly filth. Someone should run him over with a pickup truck, see how he likes it.

You are not a meat eater then responsible for the killing of animals?

2 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

Hello ignorant one. The dog  was  a GUEST of the wat. Do you understand the reason why dogs are allowed on to the premises? Are you aware that the dog had a right to be on the wat grounds, whereas the drunk in a truck did not? It is a vile sin to be drunk in a wat. The drunk killer disgraced the wat.  The dog was not innocently run over, but savagely and cruelly killed in a holy place, defiling the wat. In what depraved cruel world do you live where  it is acceptable for a drunk to defile a temple and to engage in cruel behaviour?

This piece of filth thinks he will earn merit by going to the temple. He's in for a shock, as he will suffer tremendously in years to come. He is a liar. If the dog went after him it was probably because he was drunk and provoked it. The man is  evil and the wat should punish him severely for defiling the  grounds and for his act of cruelty. If I  had been around, he would have been nursing more than his alcohol induced hangover.

Soi dogs are vermin, not 'guests'

37 minutes ago, The man from udon said:

How can a stray vicious dangerous dogs life be worth 2 years and 40,000b.hes probably done the community and the dog a favour.i had a pack of nearly 20 at the end of my soi this week engaged in a massive orgy.god know how many there's going to be here in a few months.

Well it's all relative. See, someone like me attaches a value to the dog, whereas, I don't attach value to you. If you were run down by a drunk in a truck, I wouldn't care. It's not  because I am insensitive, but rather I like dogs more than I do some humans. Perhaps, I am not a nice guy.

Just now, geriatrickid said:

Well it's all relative. See, someone like me attaches a value to the dog, whereas, I don't attach value to you. If you were run down by a drunk in a truck, I wouldn't care. It's not  because I am insensitive, but rather I like dogs more than I do some humans. Perhaps, I am not a nice guy.

We can all agree with the part

11 minutes ago, thai3 said:

Soi dogs are vermin, not 'guests'

This event was in a wat. Don't try and justify your cruel disposition by going off on a tangent.

Soi dog populations exist because of irresponsible humans who refuse to  neuter and spay and who abandon  animals. Be part of the solution and not the problem. Be a positive member of society and not a negative drip, bringing cruelty and pain to the world around you. 

22 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

If you like dogs more than humans why don't you adopt the 20 vicious animals that are in my soi then I would attach great value to you.the thing is I'm not a vicious dog that goes around biting people.hes now in the best place for him and he won't be attacking anyone again.i love animals and kept koi and four cats but there's a point when dogs that are pets become vermin.as for not caring about me getting run down by a drunk driver,I wouldn't give a toss if the dogs in my soi ripped you to bits.

Edited by The man from udon
Added comment

Animals that represent a threat to human beings cannot claim status as pets, unless there's an individual willing to step up publicly to take responsibility for their pet's actions.Such animals must be clearly identified and marked in such a manner that makes their attachment to a particular human (for legal purposes) indisputable (ie collars, ear tattoos, chip under the skin etc) . Animals without 'pet' status cannot claim any protection or special consideration in an environment shared by humans and and must be subject to removal to a approved holding place to be claimed for pet status or rendered safe (ie, killed).  A pet owner must be prepared to take full responsibility for their animal's life (feeding, medical and general care, training etc)  to ensure the animal does not represent a threat to other humans, livestock, or the property of others. 

Note: Any pet running loose, without adequate supervision in public places should be deemed a 'threat' and subject to capture and control for the public good, claimable after payment of a suitable fine by the owner.

A bounty paid by local authorities should be available for payment to individuals who capture and remove  stray, unclaimed or dangerous animals in human environments to an approved local processing centre.

On 1/5/2017 at 0:59 PM, tukkytuktuk said:
Murderer. What a coward using his pickup truck to murder a poor innocent dog. Couldn't fight it man to dog. Cowardly filth. Someone should run him over with a pickup truck, see how he likes it.

If the mutt bit you or one of your family I bet you'd change your rotten tune.

Sent from my i-mobile_i-STYLE_219 using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

2 hours ago, tukkytuktuk said:

Would a Thai write such nonsense no problem. "Murder an innocent dog"?

Please send me a prvt. message and you can have all our unwanted Soi dogs for free. Plus food for three days. 

Many of these dogs are evil bastards and bite everything that's moving.

Okay, euthanasia would be a better way.  Especially the one who raped our Siberian Husky and made her pregnant.

The cops didn't seem to be interested. 

Edited by lostinisaan

27 minutes ago, lostinisaan said:

Please send me a prvt. message and you can have all our unwanted Soi dogs for free. Plus food for three days. 

Okay, euthanasia would be a better way.  Especially the one who raped our Siberian Husky and made her pregnant.

Are you sure your huskey didn't give consent.i didn't know dogs can rape dogs.

9 minutes ago, The man from udon said:

Are you sure your huskey didn't give consent.i didn't know dogs can rape dogs.

Well, she might have been a little too hot. It's the climate, I'm sure.

But rape is rape, please read the posts here on TVF. 

1 hour ago, sandemara said:

Animals that represent a threat to human beings cannot claim status as pets, unless there's an individual willing to step up publicly to take responsibility for their pet's actions.Such animals must be clearly identified and marked in such a manner that makes their attachment to a particular human (for legal purposes) indisputable (ie collars, ear tattoos, chip under the skin etc) . Animals without 'pet' status cannot claim any protection or special consideration in an environment shared by humans and and must be subject to removal to a approved holding place to be claimed for pet status or rendered safe (ie, killed).  A pet owner must be prepared to take full responsibility for their animal's life (feeding, medical and general care, training etc)  to ensure the animal does not represent a threat to other humans, livestock, or the property of others. 

Note: Any pet running loose, without adequate supervision in public places should be deemed a 'threat' and subject to capture and control for the public good, claimable after payment of a suitable fine by the owner.

A bounty paid by local authorities should be available for payment to individuals who capture and remove  stray, unclaimed or dangerous animals in human environments to an approved local processing centre.

Yet another danger is the increase in Rabies, a very good reason to round up all stray dogs. A "do good" farang <deleted> here in Maenam is feeding them on the beach, result ....they are breeding, sooner or later someone or a kid will get bitten or mauled.

1 hour ago, lostinisaan said:

Are you giving away dogs that aren't yours? You assume that no one wants them? Have you checked with your neighbors? I think you would be surprised. Oh, you don't want them you mean? Do your neighbors want you?

Your poor dog was only raped because you didn't look after her properly. Who lets their dog out to roam the streets when they are on heat? Oh, ok, you didn't let her out, she had the key to the gate and let her self out? What was that? Oh she jumped the fence? About time for a higher fence..what, the cops weren't interested in your husky? Maybe she is ugly..

Edited by aussiebrian